Black Hockey Player JT Brown doing big things in college hockey (son of nfl player)

Options
MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14 Members Posts: 15,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited March 2012 in From the Cheap Seats
broadstreethockey.com/2012/3/12/2865553/j-t-brown-philadelphia-flyers

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/J._T._Brown_(ice_hockey)

Long story short hes only a sophomore in college and already breaking scoring records as well as getting a national title. Hes the song of former NFL player Ted Brown.

uspw_5261858_large.jpg

this is his dad

TedBrown83T.jpg

Comments

• Matt-
    Matt- Members Posts: 21,585 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What are your expectations for this thread
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    bruh, bruh, bruh, lol hahahha thats great for him tho. props.
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    Options
    matt- wrote: »
    What are your expectations for this thread

as a former black hockey player im just trina raise awarness about ? in ice hockey...damn that sounds like a watch the throne 2 song

• Cosmic_Cannon
    Cosmic_Cannon Members Posts: 526 ✭✭✭
    Options
    cool, is he seen as a legit NHL prospect?
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    Options
    cool, is he seen as a legit NHL prospect?

Not sure how much you know about hockey but players get drafted at 18 years old. They then can enter the minors for the team or the nhl team and or go to college for a few years. Brown went undrafted. However because his team won a title and he contributed a few nhl teams are looking to sign him as a free agent after this current season.

So to answer your question yeah he is being looked at by a few teams as a prospect to be signed to a contract possibly start in the miors and maybe get called up after that. But before last year when he led his team to a ncaa title he wasn't as actively sought after; now scouts heads are turning his way.

• tru_m.a.c
    tru_m.a.c Members Posts: 9,091 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    props to monizzle for always providing some good insight
  • Michael_Malice
    Michael_Malice Members Posts: 17,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hockey sucks unless it's on PS3.
  • eyes low
    eyes low Members Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Popeye jones son > this kid
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    looking back, i would have loved to got into hockey when i was younger

• MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    edited March 2012
    Options
    Another interesting football to hockey connection Mike Grier the first African-American born and trained in the united states to play in the NHL. Before him all the blacks in the NHL were from Canada. He just retired last year.

mike-grier.jpg

His dad played for iowa in college and got some big jobs on NFL coaching staffs

nfl_a_grier_bl_400.jpg

as some of these sucessful black atheltes start to live in cold weather cities i wouldn't be surprised to see more black players come this route. The financial stability of a black athlete/coach allowed both mike and jt to not have to worry about money. And they just happened to get into what is a mostly white sport and make it to the pros just like that.

This is why i tell people not to believe that black people can't play hockey. Its just the financial stability most families of any race cant afford the expensive sport. Hell had my aunts uncles and grandparents given me hockey equipment as gifts for a few birthdays my ass would just been a short ? playing basketball lol. This is why these scholarships and programs where they give inner city kids the ability to play for free or for discounts could literally change how diverse hockey is. Im not saying its gunna be like the nba but very soon i think you could see a couple more latino and black hockey players here and there making it pro.
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    edited March 2012
    Options
    eyes low wrote: »
    Popeye jones son > this kid

cot damn i just read up on this ? he sound like he gon be a problem at 6-4 180

• Cosmic_Cannon
    Options
    Shout out to Monizzle w/ this good insight, and Nizzle don't pay the dudes who just want to come in the thread and troll their ass off any mind.
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    Options
    Shout out to Monizzle w/ this good insight, and Nizzle don't pay the dudes who just want to come in the thread and troll their ass off any mind.

? fear what they don't understand so of course you gunna get some trolls logging on mid menstrual cycle being ignant but it is what it is ? don't phase me lol
  • rage
    rage Members Posts: 5,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2012
    Options
    I'm just waiting for my ? PK to come home to T.O. and hopefully we can grab his brother who is turning out to be a great goalie prospect.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FeVMvkNm4Fw

PK absolutely crushing Larsson.....en francais

PK ending Marchand's night

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Rpk0JlVZ4I
  • Cosmic_Cannon
    Options
    Monizzle14 wrote: »

? fear what they don't understand so of course you gunna get some trolls logging on mid menstrual cycle being ignant but it is what it is ? don't phase me lol

It's funny, that some will be quick to ? on hockey or baseball, when football games have the same slow pace as baseball.
    Watch my post get like 30 wacks, and have a bunch of emotional dudes claiming I'm ? for not dickriding football. lol
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    Options
    rage wrote: »
    I'm just waiting for my ? PK to come home to T.O. and hopefully we can grab his brother who is turning out to be a great goalie prospect.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FeVMvkNm4Fw

PK absolutely crushing Larsson.....en francais

PK ending Marchand's night

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Rpk0JlVZ4I

yeah pk's brother is one of the top prospects out of canada and they say the best goalie prospect in canada hes really good
  • birdcallaveli
    birdcallaveli Members Posts: 6,508 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i b you monsizzle. former black hockey player? did @Michael_Malice finally talk some sense into you or did you just buy a few bottles of vybz kartels new skin bleach cream?
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    Options
    i b you monsizzle. former black hockey player? did @Michael_Malice finally talk some sense into you or did you just buy a few bottles of vybz kartels new skin bleach cream?

nah lol i just finished my senior year of club hockey so im not playing orginized hockey anymore cause im bout to graduate and get a solid job. ? malice cant even talk birdman into paying him in real currency ? would never talk me outta quitting and whitewashing myself like nicki lol.
  • Michael_Malice
    Options
    LOL @ The Black Hockey Player @Monizzle14 calling someone else "whitewashed". Hello ? , this is kettle.
  • 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    im going to get they jerseys...

its funny how asians are quick to support lin after 1 ? gameand the media jumps on that ?

but ? gotta damn near win a title on they own before they get recognized and even then they gotta prove it again to show it wasnt a fluke....

im going to support my people...and im gettin my kids jerseys too
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    Options
    LOL @ The Black Hockey Player @Monizzle14 calling someone else "whitewashed". Hello ? , this is kettle.

whitewashed has nothing to do with what sport you play its about your intention for playing a sport or doing a hobby. if that was the case jackie robinson would have been whitewashed if he played in an all white sport at the time and same with the first black basketball players. but what do you know about being black we all seen your facebook you aint black lol.

https://facebook.com/MIKEb313?ref=ts&__adt=12

• MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    Options
    pralims wrote: »
    im going to get they jerseys...

its funny how asians are quick to support lin after 1 ? gameand the media jumps on that ?

but ? gotta damn near win a title on they own before they get recognized and even then they gotta prove it again to show it wasnt a fluke....

im going to support my people...and im gettin my kids jerseys too

thats whats up also peep a few brothas in the league you could get jerseys of..............

wayne simmons philadelphia flyers
    simmonds.jpg

jerome iginla (first black captain)

230px-Jarome_Iginla._2008.JPG

pk subban Montreal canadiens
    600_subban_101014.gif?2
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    again props bruh
  • Michael_Malice
    Options
    @Monizzle14 #StopIt5

You know I gotta ? with you. It's respect tho. I'm a history guy so you have actually taught me a bunch if ? when it comes to this hockey. I ? with you but I take it all in. You still a Canuk tho.
  • 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i already watch the flyers and go to their games....damn white folks be looking like ....WTF the ? doing here