HBOGo, Comcast, and MLB.TV Apps Launch Today on Xbox 360

Options
focus
focus Members Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited March 2012 in IllGaming
HBO, MLB, and Comcast now live on Xbox 360.
March 27, 2012

by Steven Hopper

Microsoft revealed today that three highly anticipated entertainment apps are now available on Xbox LIVE, announcing the launch of HBOGo, MLB.TV, and Comcast through their service.

HBOGo works similarly to the iPad app, letting Xbox 360 owners use their systems to access a bevy of on-demand TV shows and movie content. It does require an Xbox LIVE Gold account as well as an HBO subscription through their cable or satellite provider.

The Comcast app brings Xfinity TV to the Xbox 360, streaming Comcast's On-Demand content to Comcast television subscribers (an Xbox LIVE Gold account and Xfinity internet service are also required), including new TV shows and full seasons of past shows, and the Streampix library, along with Kinect gesture and voice controls.

The MLB.TV app allows MLB.TV Premium subscribers (a Xbox LIVE Gold Membership is also required) to access live and on-demand game content for all out-of-market regular season games (streaming in HD), with the 2011 season is available and archived, as well. For all Xbox LIVE Gold members, recaps that give you a rundown of archived games in less than 5 minutes and a free Game of the Day are also available.

Get the full scoop on all of your favorite teams with MLB.TV.

Aside from games, the MLB.TV app allows users to select their favorite teams and access their live games, archives, and recaps easily from a central hub, a Mini Guide that gives you a quick rundown of the day's games, a split screen feature that lets you watch two games at one time, and gesture and voice controls for Kinect owners.

All three apps are now available for download, so check them out and let us know what you think in the comments below.

http://xboxlive.ign.com/articles/122/1221618p1.html

Comments

• MrSoutCity
    MrSoutCity Members Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I wonder where my xbox is.
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Wait, so to use hbo go on my xbox, i have to have a cable box and a subscription to hbo? i cant just sign up for it online?
  • The Prodigalson
    The Prodigalson Members, Writer Posts: 8,715 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lou Cypher wrote: »
    Wait, so to use hbo go on my xbox, i have to have a cable box and a subscription to hbo? i cant just sign up for it online?

Ne you have to have cable service to get it. It requires your login. Got that ? on my iPad and it requires my cable account info.
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? stupid. im gonna go home and plot up a way to ? these ?
  • MrSoutCity
    MrSoutCity Members Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I already have HBO on cable.
  • blackkevblazini
    blackkevblazini Members Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    having to have the stuff already on your TV defeats the entire purpose of being able to watch on Xbox Live. That's like winning the keys to a Lamborghini, but then in small letters at the bottom they be like "*Lamborghini required to use these keys".
  • focus
    focus Members Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2012
    Options
    The benefits to HBO Go on 360 are:

1. You have access to ALL HBO programming at ANY time, ANY show/movie/special, ANY season. I don't care what cable service on demand provider you have, they do not offer this. Its usually a much more fragmented or delayed version where only limited content is available for a limited time and sometimes requires a download.

2. You can watch on your flat screen TV instead of your computer or mobile phone.

3. You can watch many shows a week in advance of everyone else.

4. You are still connected to gaming. You can still receive game invites, hop in parties, etc.

5. What is the problem exactly? So, great...you already have HBO. You already have Live. So you were paying for these services before this anyway, right? (Broke people, you can probably exit the thread now, this has never applied to you). So then this is just a "free" app for additional convenience. That's what an app is.

I cant figure out why this is so hard to understand?
  • earth two superman
    earth two superman Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2012
    Options
    focus will toot about this like a girl who got her first ? until sony announce they have it too. then well never hear about it again. Like ATT U Verse.
  • stoneface
    stoneface Members Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    focus wrote: »
    I cant figure out why this is so hard to understand?

Yeah, its ? wierd.

• dallas' 4 eva
    dallas' 4 eva Members Posts: 11,216 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    All they need to do is bring NFL Sunday Ticket and NBA League Pass on here and I'm ? good. Real talk I can't wait until they make it so you can just subscribe without having to have cable because honestly I want to localize all of my entertainment into one.

Side note: Is Netflix on the 360 any good I've heard mixed opinions about it?
  • stoneface
    stoneface Members Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2012
    Options

Depends on what you wanna watch. Go to Netflix.com and browse the watch instantly selection. If you like the movies/shows they offer, then yeah its worth it to get it on 360 or PS3, whatever machine you got.

• joshuaboy
    joshuaboy Members Posts: 10,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    All they need to do is bring NFL Sunday Ticket and NBA League Pass on here and I'm ? good. Real talk I can't wait until they make it so you can just subscribe without having to have cable because honestly I want to localize all of my entertainment into one.

I hardly use it - not really a big TV person.

But check it out and see if you like it. The first month is free