30 reasons why its painful being a Knicks fan :*-(

rakim ii
rakim ii Members Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭
edited March 2012 in From the Cheap Seats

I'm 38, so I've been thru:

1. James Dolan...
2. Bernard King blows out his knee.
3. Charles Smith not being able to finish.
4. Starks goes 3 for 75.
5. Hakeem owns Ewing.
6. MJ always broke our heart.
7. Brawl vs. Heat ruins chances to advance.
8. Reggie Miller.
9. Ewing's finger roll.
10. Allan Houston's contract.
11. Eddy Curry never fit enough to achieve a fraction of his potential.
12. Five year deal for Jerome "BIG Snacks" James
13. Trading the draft pick that turned out to be Scottie Pippen for a one year rental player.
14. Marbury's Knicks unwatchable.
15. Every Isiah decision ouside of Chandler, Lee selections.
16. Stevie Franchise. Uggh.
17. Midget front lines between the Ewing era to Chandler.
18. The Larry Brown era, start to finish.
19. Amare hurt vs. Celtics in what could've been a fun playoff series.
20. Linsanity sabatoged by Melo. Melo's groin.
21. The D'Antoni era. 3.5 years of garbage.
22. Woodson takes over, there's reason for optimism, Amare promptly gets hurt. So much for that.
23. No draft picks to look fwd to
24. Scott Layden being born in general
25. The Camby and 9th pick for Antonio McDyese
26. Trading Ewing instead of just letting his contract run out, setting up a decade of salary cap hell
27. Checketts fighting with Riley over control of the team, leading to Riley's departure.
28. Van Gundy quitting on the team after the season began.
29. Trading Rod Strickland (For and over the hill past his prime Maurice Cheeks) AND Mark Jackson, leading to a succession of over the hill point guards and then just not very good point guards.
30. Never having lottery luck outside of the first one in 1985 (in the few years we actually kept our pick)

Thank ? for the Giants and Yankees!!!

Comments

• Cosmic_Cannon
    Cosmic_Cannon Members Posts: 526 ✭✭✭
    Try being a Cavs fan or a Clippers fan. Lol @ East Coast cats always thinking they have it the worst w/ their teams.
  • rice n gravy
    rice n gravy Members Posts: 3,324 ✭✭✭
    passing on Brandon Jennings for w/e ? they took
  • BDBIID
    BDBIID Members Posts: 18,803 ✭✭✭✭✭
    passing on Brandon Jennings for w/e ? they took

Jordan Hill..who is now a Lakers benchrider.
  • northside7
    northside7 Members Posts: 25,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Try being a Cavs fan or a Clippers fan. Lol @ East Coast cats always thinking they have it the worst w/ their teams.

In the last 40+ years the state of New York its self has won multiple Ships in all the major sports (MLB, NFL, NHL, NBA).

• Cosmic_Cannon
    northside7 wrote: »

In the last 40+ years the state of New York its self has won multiple Ships in all the major sports (MLB, NFL, NHL, NBA).

Yep
    That's why it kills me when Jets and Mets fans, act like their teams are cursed.
  • Mister B.
    Mister B. Members, Writer Posts: 16,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2012
    Yeah. But in the last 10 years, only the Yanks and Gaints have won anything. So, I see why they all antsy. The new generation of NY sports fans stay getting ? on in the NBA.
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol @ Isiah thinking he was doing something big with Jerome James
  • D.D.S.
    D.D.S. Members Posts: 7,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    smh. the knicks are the cowboys of the nba. every year they come in with expectations and they dont get fufilled. lol.
  • Jdilla26
    Jdilla26 Members Posts: 2,309 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol @ Isiah thinking he was doing something big with Jerome James
    LMAO Jerome got that money and was never heard from again lol. But the Knicks have had they share of bad luck when Melo got traded to the Knicks I thought they were gonna be a problem never knew Amare would have all these injuries and be a shell of himself this year.

• Inglewood_B
    Inglewood_B Members Posts: 12,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    got damn @ having 30 reasons and still missing out on big ones (brandon jennings)
  • tru_m.a.c
    tru_m.a.c Members Posts: 9,091 ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2012
    you had me at james
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14 Members Posts: 15,337 ✭✭✭✭✭

your right midatlantic/northeast fans be the most negative and crybaby type fans. I live in the northeast (patriots,flyers, yankees,sixers,) but ? from all the teams in the northeast be so fair weather. Each team i am a fan of i have been through good years and bad years still optomistic or learning to move on from tough times.

But weather boston or new york fans these ? over emotional emo when there are tough times. Giants fans act like its tough being a giants fan and they done got 2 titles in 5 years......same with fellow yankees fans acting like its the end of the world when we got eliminated the past 2 years despite the great success.

• rakim ii

This thread is only about the Knicks.

I've never witness the Knicks winning the 'ship and I'm 38. They last won it the year I was born (3 months before I was born).

• rakim ii
    edited March 2012

Can I just get 1 ring from the Knicks in my lifetime?

• BlackAX410
    BlackAX410 Members Posts: 35,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    rakim ii wrote: »

I've never witness the Knicks winning the 'ship and I'm 38. They last won it the year I was born (3 months before I was born).

lmao damn bruh the struggle is real in this post
  • Cosmic_Cannon
    edited March 2012
    EmM HoLLa. wrote: »
    Yo @rakim ii .. I overstand you Bro..

What people dont understand.. Is that New York despite what you want to think.. Is a basketball city.. They dont call it the Mecca for nothing.. Every neighborhood has a basketball court.. If not a court there is a crate.. Every neighborhood does not have a baseball diamond or a football field.. Meaning that as a kid.. Coming up to keep busy you played ball.. Every kid in the inner city plays ball.. At least thats how it was when I was coming up.. And to have the only basketball franchise in the city STINK for damn near 40 years.. It hurts man... If nothing else.. New York City embodies basketball.. A good majority of our fans know the game well... And the product that has been put on the court has been sub par.. Or somehow sabotaged.. Whether it be by injury.. Inept management.. Or just plain old bad luck.. SMH ? is wack..

All of our good players are hurt.. Tyson (Wrists), Melo (Groin, Wrist, Ankle), Amar'e (Back), Lin (Knee), Davis (Back).. ? is wack man.. I believe Amare was playing hurt all damn year..

I truly believe this team with everyone 100% could do something.. Now.. I dunno.. We will just wait and see. But I can say that I would be surprised if we miss the playoffs or make it and get bounced in the first round...

FALSE
    NY is a baseball town, followed by NFL, then basketball. The Post/Daily News have more baseball covers then NBA, also baseball dominates sports papers and radio from April to September(most of the time longer, if the Yanks or Mets have a legit WS run, or make serious splashes in the Free Agent market). It may not be huge for us colored folk(baseball is irrelevant as a whole among average blacks), but for the majority of NY Sports fans, baseball trumps basketball.

False again
    Most of the top basketball prospects come out of Texas; North-West, DMV area, or the Mid-West. Outside of Kemba and Lance, what was the last NY kid to really make a splash in the past 7 years? Oh wait, I thought so. Up until the Melo trade, the average NY'er wasn't even messing w/ the Knicks in the past decade. Sure the Knicks had top(or close to top) profits, but that's because of the market; celebs coming to MSG, suit-and-tie dudes getting tickets as gifts, and having the highest or close to highest most pricey tickets.

Once again False
    Listen to WFAN; dudes at work or at school, and most fans don't know what the hell they're talking about. A good # of fans, will say non-sense like the Knicks are a championship contender; Amare was better than Bosh in the 2010 summer, Lin was a franchise player during his run in February. The Knicks like most of NY sports fans(hell sports fans as a whole) typically don't know what the hell they're talking about.
  • peagle05
    peagle05 Members Posts: 25,011 ✭✭✭✭✭
    this thread could get interesting...
  • BlackAX410
    BlackAX410 Members Posts: 35,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    yo @Cosmic_Cannon we had a thread last year on dat NY mecca of basketball ? nd Emm was reachin like a mawfucka them NY ? just overrate themselves smh
  • northside7
    northside7 Members Posts: 25,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    rakim ii wrote: »

Damn lol
  • IceBergTaylor
    IceBergTaylor Members Posts: 19,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Knicks has never been a great franchise to begin with
  • IceBergTaylor
  • TRILLip Brooks
    TRILLip Brooks Members Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Most overrated franchise in sports history
  • Matt-
    Matt- Members Posts: 21,585 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't forget the team actually selling shirts that remind their fans just how long it's been since they won a title and charging $20 to remind them how they have rarely come close since then

knicks_shirt.jpg
  • IceBergTaylor
  • Matt-
    Matt- Members Posts: 21,585 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes.
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B002IXU7J6/ref=redir_mdp_mobile

I guess they stopped selling them cause the link to the nba store is no longer valid. But they were selling them last season