Virtua Fighter was too hard for me to understand...

[Deleted User]
[Deleted User] rubbed off from frictionPosts: 0 ✭✭✭
edited July 2010 in IllGaming
The user and all related content has been deleted.

Comments

• earth two superman
    earth two superman Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    that and DOA only fighting games i never ? with. i know all fighting games dont gotta be button mashers but i found this ? boring, even early on in the saturn days.
  • konceptjones
    konceptjones Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 13,139 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    it helps to have a solid understanding of fighting in the first place. That helped me a lot when learning the Virtua Fighter series and any other game thta used a similar play style (like Kensei Sacred Fist)
  • blackkevblazini
    blackkevblazini Members Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    I ? with VF from 1 up, and I found that it depends who you play with, really. You can just pick up the controller and bang out some simple to do combos with guys like Lion or Jacky. a Character like Akira is for players on some other ? , though. I always found that ? to be fustrating as ? to try to use, but when you do figure him out you can ? somebody's life bar in like 3 hits.
  • vagrant-718
    vagrant-718 Members Posts: 4,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Tried vf4 but didnt like it cause the game felt floaty to me so i stuck w/ tekken
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] rubbed off from friction Posts: 0 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    ? is really complicated cant really compare it to any other fighting game
  • focus
    focus Members Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    I felt this way with BlazBlu. They even package in a DVD to try and teach you how to play the ? , but learning that game is hella time consuming. I may try again with the new one thats gettin ready to drop tho...Blazblu seems worth it.

VF is just hard to play and boring all around.
  • anduin
    anduin Members Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Have VF 4 or 5 or w/e it is on the ps3/360. Played it for about a week and then played it again like a year later then never again. It's just boring as ? . I got it for $5 so Im not mad.
  • dontdiedontkillanyon
    dontdiedontkillanyon Members Posts: 10,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Virtua Fighter is more of a thinking man's game compared to most other beat em ups. You can't just button bash your way through fights against more skillful players like you can in Tekken because you will just blatantly get your ? kicked each and every time. So yeah, if you're not very good at it or can't be bothered to learn all the moves then you will no doubt hate it
  • grumpy_new_yorker
    grumpy_new_yorker Members Posts: 5,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    focus wrote: »
    I felt this way with BlazBlu. They even package in a DVD to try and teach you how to play the ? , but learning that game is hella time consuming. I may try again with the new one thats gettin ready to drop tho...Blazblu seems worth it.

VF is just hard to play and boring all around.

i felt the same way with blazblue. can't just quarter turn your way to victory in it. but i stuck with it and it became one of my favorite games.

on the subject, vf has always been boring to me.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] rubbed off from friction Posts: 0 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
  • DB Cooper
    DB Cooper Members Posts: 746
    edited July 2010
    i liked soul caliber
    virtua fighter was mad boring to me