Alex Jones says he sees through the lies, but he still believes in magical Jesus LOL

Options
KTULU IS BACK
KTULU IS BACK Banned Users Posts: 6,617 ✭✭
edited July 2010 in The Social Lounge
Conspiracy heads, help me out here. Dude claims he's unraveled the deceptions of the New World Order. Claims he can decipher the lies of the government and the media.

But he still believes in religion. He believes a magical guy who is his own father died and came back to life. He believes a cosmic super being is watching over Earth and hears humans' prayers. He believes in talking snakes and that a guy lived in a whale for a long weekend.

Isn't this cognitive dissonance?

Comments

• KTULU IS BACK
    edited June 2010
    Options
    If religion is true to him and he is true to his religion is it really a lie to him?

thanks for the tautology
  • shootemwon
    shootemwon Members Posts: 4,635 ✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    How is it cognitive dissonance? He believes in that illuminati stuff, which is a bunch of made up ? , and he believes in all that ? stuff, which is also a bunch of made up ? .
  • northside7
    northside7 Members Posts: 25,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    shootemwon wrote: »
    How is it cognitive dissonance? He believes in that illuminati stuff, which is a bunch of made up ? , and he believes in all that ? stuff, which is also a bunch of made up ? .

No scientific proof?
  • shootemwon
    edited June 2010
    Options
    northside7 wrote: »
    No scientific proof?

Scientific proof of what?
  • ThaChozenWun
    ThaChozenWun Members Posts: 9,390
    edited June 2010
    Options
    SMH He's an average person, they only see and believe what they want, dont matter if The disciples authors came from the grave and said we made the whole thing up, dont matter if aliens came down from the skies and announced they are really the gods of ancient times, if Jesus was real and came down... of course he'd be his black self so of course people wouldnt believe it he looks nothing like his picture. Thats the biggest most often asked questions, yet if people dont want to believe it, they wont.
  • northside7
    edited June 2010
    Options
    I don't believe there is accepted scientific proof of the Illuminati or Religion...

Thanks for that. Banks/Bankers and Corporations run and control our socities.
  • shootemwon
    edited June 2010
    Options
    northside7 wrote: »
    Thanks for that. Banks/Bankers and Corporations run and control our socities.

lol @ that being scientific proof of the illuminati
  • northside7
    edited June 2010
    Options
    lol @ that being scientific proof of the illuminati

I didnt mean it as being scientific proof, just something I wanted to state. Theres a lot of things science and religion cant explain.
  • Bully_Pulpit
    Bully_Pulpit Members Posts: 5,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    do you ? even know who/what monsanto is?? Ill wait....
  • ThaChozenWun
    edited June 2010
    Options
    do you ? even know who/what monsanto is?? Ill wait....

Some company that produces some kind of genetically altered seeds or some ?
  • Bully_Pulpit
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Right. The ? that they created is in most of the ? we eat mainly soy and corn, but the ? that got me was all the legal battles they have been in, the people protesting that company and some of the key figures that have worked in the company eg. Donald Rumsfield. Yall ? dont wanna go deep.
  • ThaChozenWun
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Right. The ? that they created is in most of the ? we eat mainly soy and corn, but the ? that got me was all the legal battles they have been in, the people protesting that company and some of the key figures that have worked in the company eg. Donald Rumsfield. Yall ? dont wanna go deep.

Truth is without them we'd have alot of people starving. They are sacrificing health in some cases to keep people from dying. Without companies producing certain seeds and steroid pumped feed for animals and plants we would really have trouble feeding all these people.
  • Bully_Pulpit
    edited June 2010
    Options
    I disagree entirely, alot of people are starving anyway plus ? eat too much as is in this damn country, the fact that they are making sacrifices with the ? we put in our bodies is bad enough.
  • Swiffness!
    Swiffness! Members Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options

not a atheist, but shootem just bodied this thread
  • ThaChozenWun
    edited June 2010
    Options
    I disagree entirely, alot of people are starving anyway plus ? eat too much as is in this damn country, the fact that they are making sacrifices with the ? we put in our bodies is bad enough.

Its more our fault though. We can go out and grow vegetables if we really wanted to. We could go buy fresh organic foods if we really wanted to. You can't blame every corporation for your lack of self discipline.
  • Bully_Pulpit
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Swiffness! wrote: »
    not a atheist, but shootem just bodied this thread

Then what are you? if you really believe in your ? you wouldnt support statements that ? doent exist. You just bodied yaself
  • Bully_Pulpit
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Its more our fault though. We can go out and grow vegetables if we really wanted to. We could go buy fresh organic foods if we really wanted to. You can't blame every corporation for your lack of self discipline.

true that but what about the dumb, deaf and the blind? Learning these things that I was blind to for most of my life, has me living a better lifestyle in many facets. How can I not tap my ppl on the shoulder and attempt to wake them up? Im not on here to force feed anybody on what I believe but there is no tommorrow for our culture, its going down the drain
  • Swiffness!
    edited June 2010
    Options

"alot of people are starving anyway"

What kind of ignorant ? is this. That's like saying we shouldn't try to cure AIDS because "alot of people are dying of disease anyway".

Do you know how many people were saved from starving to death because of the mid-20th Century quantum leap in agricultural technology?

A *BILLION* ? people.

Do you know who Norman Borlaug is? Here's what he said:

"Some of the environmental lobbyists of the Western nations are the salt of the earth, but many of them are elitists. They've never experienced the physical sensation of hunger. They do their lobbying from comfortable office suites in Washington or Brussels...If they lived just one month amid the misery of the developing world, as I have for fifty years, they'd be crying out for tractors and fertilizer and irrigation canals and be outraged that fashionable elitists back home were trying to deny them these things."

SMFH @ obese environmentalists ? about technology that will save African lives.

starvation.jpg
  • ThaChozenWun
    edited June 2010
    Options
    true that but what about the dumb, deaf and the blind? Learning these things that I was blind to for most of my life, has me living a better lifestyle in many facets. How can I not tap my ppl on the shoulder and attempt to wake them up? Im not on here to force feed anybody on what I believe but there is no tommorrow for our culture, its going down the drain

So to wake someone up to the poison in our food you have to first introduce them to things like the Illuminati?
    Why not just tell them whats in the food since we know for fact that the portion of that spoken is true and skip the stuff that no one has any proof for?
  • Bully_Pulpit
    edited June 2010
    Options
    I aint make this thread in fact I never said nothing about Illuminati....re-read my posts.
  • ThaChozenWun
    edited June 2010
    Options
    My bad I thought you started the thread and then brought up monsanto as proof they're running all the corporations and trying ? off people through them.
  • Bully_Pulpit
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Swiffness! wrote: »
    "alot of people are starving anyway"

What kind of ignorant ? is this. That's like saying we shouldn't try to cure AIDS because "alot of people are dying of disease anyway".

Do you know how many people were saved from starving to death because of the mid-20th Century quantum leap in agricultural technology?

A *BILLION* ? people.

Do you know who Norman Borlaug is? Here's what he said:

"Some of the environmental lobbyists of the Western nations are the salt of the earth, but many of them are elitists. They've never experienced the physical sensation of hunger. They do their lobbying from comfortable office suites in Washington or Brussels...If they lived just one month amid the misery of the developing world, as I have for fifty years, they'd be crying out for tractors and fertilizer and irrigation canals and be outraged that fashionable elitists back home were trying to deny them these things."

SMFH @ obese environmentalists ? about technology that will save African lives.

starvation.jpg

Damn this post is all over the ? place
  • Swiffness!
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Then what are you? if you really believe in your ? you wouldnt support statements that ? doent exist. You just bodied yaself

Not supporting the statement. Just noting that shootem exposed the faulty logic behind this thread's premise.
  • DarcSkies777
    DarcSkies777 Members Posts: 5,600 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    If religion is true to him and he is true to his religion is it really a lie to him?...the statement "I see through lies" is valid for anyone that feels they see the truth in everything the practice...

*catches fly in chopsticks*

*bows*

nh @ catching a fly
    Well in philosophy "valid" means false (its true look it up).

And its valid but untrue. YOu cant just go creating your own damn realities. Theres no such thing as "true to you" just TRUE. And religion is a lot of things. True isnt one of those things.
  • KTULU IS BACK
    edited July 2010
    Options
    valid means the premises are logically consistent but the conclusion doesn't necessarily follow

sound means the conclusion follows from the premises and both are true