So if Kevin Love's team had Dirk Nowitski's current team's record...

Options
DOPEdweebz
DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
edited March 2012 in From the Cheap Seats
He still wouldnt be a top 7 guy in the league ...
KD
Lebron
Kobe
Rose
Wade
Howard...

cuz he's white, right?

(Racists, ? , ? & haters alike please hit the Wack, No-Sign, and Feelings like I expect you to)

The rest discuss...

Comments

• Craig Robinson
    Craig Robinson Members Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Make this thread again when the T-Wolves make a serious run
  • DOPEdweebz
    edited March 2012
    Options
    Make this thread again when the T-Wolves make a serious run
    Doesnt the thread title imply his actual team record is ? ?

but the facts are his stats...

Edit: I had to give you the co-sign tho. That will win in any argument vs Kevin Love.
  • Craig Robinson
    Options
    Patience, Dirk got no props early on either
  • Craig Robinson
    Options
    Unless that's your point
  • DOPEdweebz
    Options
    Patience, Dirk got no props early on either

but ever since his early days he's been on 50 and 60 game winning teams every season it seems.. Dirk only got ? for not showing up in the playoffs til last year.

• Matt-
    Matt- Members Posts: 21,585 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What exactly are you saying here? Leave records out of it. Dont list any one else's name. Just plainly say what it is you are insinuating
  • DOPEdweebz
    Options
    matt- wrote: »
    What exactly are you saying here? Leave records out of it. Dont list any one else's name. Just plainly say what it is you are insinuating

is he a top 7 individual player in the league period?
  • Matt-
    Options
    Top 7 is a strange number, but I'd say for this season he's easily one of the best players
  • its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I wouldnt put Love above any of those guys if he led the wolves to a 29-22 record, only way he should be mentioned as top 7 is if his team makes the playoffs and he puts up the numbers hes putting up now but wins at least a couple series while doing it
  • Matt-
    Options
    Why does he have to win anything ? Because you are on a winning team does not make you a better player than anyone. That's not the tiebreaker I'm figuring out who is a better player.
  • its....JOHN B
    Options
    Because those 7 players consistently have there teams contending, while Love hasnt even made the playoffs yet, you cant say hes top 7 "yet", you cant even say hes better than Dirk, you remember the things being said about Dirk during the playoff run last year? I didnt agree with any of it, but I do believe you can say hes the best power forward in the league because of what he did in the playoffs, and hes come very close to having two rings, if anything he should be mentioned in the top 7.
  • Matt-
    Options
    Ok. But if you use that argument to justify who gets ranked ahead of who, then it has to apply across the board. You can't just pick and choose which cases you want to apply it to. Is Rondo better than Rose or Deron or Paul simply because he has a ring? Pierce better than Durant? No. That's ridiculous to think that. So if if it isn't going to be applied to everyone then it shouldnt be applied at all.

An I think he was saying is he a top 7 player Right Now. Not last year or years past. But at this very moment. If you start bringing up historical ? , then you have to start including Duncan, Nash, Garnett guys like that in the conversation. Which we all know is stupid
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lol at me checking the standings yesterday and they only 11th
  • Mister B.
    Mister B. Members, Writer Posts: 16,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Love is hands down the best PF in the league.

But, ? record (which isn't that bad...they're only 2.5 games out of the 8 spot) or not, he's not bettert than any of those guys you mentioned....Durant maybe, but that's as far as I'm getting.
  • KeepOnPushing
    KeepOnPushing Members Posts: 17,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ya'lll acting like his team is Stacked and that they're still Losing

Their 2nd Best player is ? Ridnour or Pekovic ...that team stinks i dont care what nobody says he dont have much to work with

the talent is there but the players with it are a bunch of incomplete players "Just with talent" , go down that entire list of players on the Wolves roster and tell me who's a real threat besides Kevin Love?

i could understand if they were still losing if they had Thunder or Heat type talent , but that roster is filled with average at best players
  • R.D.
    Options
    dont really care how their losing or the reason for it....point is they're losing

If you take Love off the team, they're not a playoff team....leave him on and they're still not a playoff team.

Phoenix, Utah, Denver, Houston, and Memphis are in front of them in the standings and none of those teams have a Kevin Love

top 7 player at least got his team in there as the 8th seed
  • Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2012
    Options
    Too many ? on the Wolves.
    beasley.gif
  • Matt-
    Options

lol. is that really how talent is evaluated? Danny Granger is better than Kevin Love? Lou Williams is better than Deron Williams

if you aint on a playoff team, then you aint better than anyone who is in the playoffs?
  • R.D.
    Options
    i
    lol. is that really how talent is evaluated? Danny Granger is better than Kevin Love? Lou Williams is better than Deron Williams

if you aint on a playoff team, then you aint better than anyone who is in the playoffs?

show proof of anybody saying that
  • Matt-
    Options
    You ranked players and the criteria you used was how good their teams are
  • Jdilla26
    Jdilla26 Members Posts: 2,309 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Love IMO plays for suck ass team but still the best PF in the league he playing better than any PF in the League right now this season @ this very moment. I cant put Dirk ahead of him @ this moment its not who winning championships in the past its who playing the best basketball right now. I seen Love hit GW shots come thru in the clutch but with Rubio out theres only so much Love can do. He ? out every night
  • NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2012
    Options
    His skill level is simply not up to par. Mid-range? Average. Post-game? Wack. Man-to-man defense? Wack. Help defense? Wack. Ability to get to the hole? Wack. Passing? Wack. Basically, he sucks or he's average at everything PFs need besides rebounds. He should develop his lateral quickness(for defense reasons) and become one of those spot-up forwards like Peja was back in the day. That's the only he chance he has of ever winning. Becoming the 3rd or 4th option on a contender.
    The best PF is Dirk until further notice. He (with the addition of Terry) beat a more talented team in the Miami Heat comfortably in the finals and his offensive game is complete. Love does nothing better than Dirk except play the rebound formula.
  • Co_Town_Michael
    Co_Town_Michael Members Posts: 5,551 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Love is currently doing more with less talent around him.
    That's all he has going for him, because the T'Wolves aren't gonna be anywhere near the playoffs at the end of the year.
  • KeepOnPushing
    KeepOnPushing Members Posts: 17,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    His skill level is simply not up to par. Mid-range? Average. Post-game? Wack. Man-to-man defense? Wack. Help defense? Wack. Ability to get to the hole? Wack. Passing? Wack. Basically, he sucks or he's average at everything PFs need besides rebounds. He should develop his lateral quickness(for defense reasons) and become one of those spot-up forwards like Peja was back in the day. That's the only he chance he has of ever winning. Becoming the 3rd or 4th option on a contender.
    The best PF is Dirk until further notice. He (with the addition of Terry) beat a more talented team in the Miami Heat comfortably in the finals and his offensive game is complete. Love does nothing better than Dirk except play the rebound formula.

Trolling at it's finest
  • its....JOHN B
    Options
    Ok. But if you use that argument to justify who gets ranked ahead of who, then it has to apply across the board. You can't just pick and choose which cases you want to apply it to. Is Rondo better than Rose or Deron or Paul simply because he has a ring? Pierce better than Durant? No. That's ridiculous to think that. So if if it isn't going to be applied to everyone then it shouldnt be applied at all.

An I think he was saying is he a top 7 player Right Now. Not last year or years past. But at this very moment. If you start bringing up historical ? , then you have to start including Duncan, Nash, Garnett guys like that in the conversation. Which we all know is stupid

Good point, I guess what im trying to say is the 8 players mentioned (im including Dirk) I think have a better chance at leading a team to a ship than Kevin Love has no matter how great his regular season numbers are, he deserves to be in the argument but until he proves it to me on the biggest stage i'm not going to put him above any of those guys