Mcnabb says RGIII is not a good fit with Shanahan

Options

Comments

• Cosmic_Cannon
    Cosmic_Cannon Members Posts: 526 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Even though some will say McNabb only said that because he was mad, that was the only time McNabb kept it real. This shocked me, I thought McNabb would always be PC.
  • Matt-
    Matt- Members Posts: 21,585 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Even though some will say McNabb only said that because he was mad, that was the only time McNabb kept it real. This shocked me, I thought McNabb would always be PC.

He's not gonna keep it PC with Washinton. He Already said he was disrespected there and even said the team leaked his personal conversations to the media. He is going to bash Wasnington any chance he gets.
  • tru_m.a.c
    tru_m.a.c Members Posts: 9,091 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    stop hating and get money my ?
  • fightforolddc
    fightforolddc Members Posts: 981 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? THIS ? . Son was cheeks his last three years in the league and why is he trying to diminish Griffin's talents saying he has to have a system catered to him??? I'm a Redskins fan and I was excited when we signed McNabb, but he was buns here. Threw critical passes right into the ground time and again, and was so apathetic about it like it was no big deal. ? show me u mad when u ? a throw up.

Don't try to plug RG3 into a QB category like he can't fit into any offense and shine. Shanahan benched u because u were finished.
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    People are going to dismiss this because of the source, but McNabb isn't the first to say this. I live in the DMV area and there are diehard fans in DC that don't want RGIII to come here because they think Shanahan will ruin the kid's career. Anyone who has followed the happenings since Shanahan has been in DC knows that he hasn't tried to tailor positions to fit his pieces. He's tried to force people into the roles he wants them to play, and when it doesn't work he benches them rather than going back to the drawing board.

I thought it was funny when Herm Edwards said that Shanahan was a player's coach that really tried to accommodate the players' strengths. Have people forgotten about the Haynesworth mess? We can all agree that Haynesworth handled the situation wrong, but when it comes down to it, his only gripe was that he believed he could be most effective when used a certain way that Shanahan wasn't even willing to try. Shanahan was willing to pay this dude to sit the bench rather than just try to compromise on how he'd be utilized.
  • Matt-
    Options
    But what "mobile qbs" have failed under him? Everyone says he prefers a mobile qb.
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    I'm not saying that's true. I'm saying I agree with the whole "square peg into a round hole" argument. SInce Shanahan has been in DC, he has been more about making players do what he wants them to than finding what is the best usage of them.
  • BDBIID
    BDBIID Members Posts: 18,803 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2012
    Options
    Name someone who Shanahan has "ruined"..........

McNabb fell off
    Haynesworth got paid and never cared again.

Who Else?
  • Matt-
    Options
    I'm not saying that's true. I'm saying I agree with the whole "square peg into a round hole" argument. SInce Shanahan has been in DC, he has been more about making players do what he wants them to than finding what is the best usage of them.

Well he apparently wants a mobile qb, who is smart and has a strong arm
  • FroHawke
    FroHawke Members Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭
    Options
    I somehow believe Shanahan will be more accommodating this time around. Remember, thy gave up two first rounders and a second, which means he is going to do everything in his power to make sure Griffin succeeds.

Shanahan was good with Jay Cutler, because he knew he had his franchise QB and let him have free reign(for the most part) over the offense....it'll be the same with RG3, you watch.
  • bankrupt baller
    bankrupt baller Members Posts: 12,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    mcnabb is more ? than jeff garcia
  • southsil4lil
    southsil4lil Members Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yall think somebody gonna give Mac a run next season?
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    The BDB wrote: »
    Name someone who Shanahan has "ruined"..........

McNabb fell off
    Haynesworth got paid and never cared again.

Who Else?

No one said Shanahan ruined anyone. However, since Shanahan has been in Washington he's been the kinda coach that has wanted players who will do exactly what he says and will play exactly how he wants them too. If they don't, he benches them and move on. No that's not a big deal for someone like McNabb who is washed up or Grossman who isn't all that good to begin with. It would be a problem for someone who is new and still needs to be molded. RGIII has a lot of potential and he needs to be developed, but he needs to be utilized to his strengths. A coach that's going to try and force him to play a certain way whether it fits or not, and then discard him if that doesn't work would ruin the guy's career.
    matt- wrote: »
    Well he apparently wants a mobile qb, who is smart and has a strong arm

That's not really saying anything though. Aaron Rodgers and Cam Newton can both be considered smart mobile QBs with strong arms. They don't play the same though, and they don't have all of the same strengths and weaknesses. Frankly, every coach wants a smart mobile QB with a strong arm. Even if they plan on using the guy as a traditional pocket passer, no one would turn down the ability to move around. Shanahan might want to force him to be Elway when he's more McNabb (when he was still good). That won't work out weel for RGIII.

• Matt-
    Options
    That's not really saying anything though. Aaron Rodgers and Cam Newton can both be considered smart mobile QBs with strong arms. They don't play the same though, and they don't have all of the same strengths and weaknesses. Frankly, every coach wants a smart mobile QB with a strong arm. Even if they plan on using the guy as a traditional pocket passer, no one would turn down the ability to move around. Shanahan might want to force him to be Elway when he's more McNabb (when he was still good). That won't work out weel for RGIII.

or he may allow him to be jake plummer
  • The Lonious Monk
    edited March 2012
    Options
    "matt- wrote: »

Who knows? The key point is that when you have a talent like RGIII and you're planning on making him the franchise QB, you should be building the team and the system around him. Shanahan has shown no signs that he's willing to do that. He reminds me of John Gruden. That's another coach that you don't want to give a good prospective QB coming out of college because dude had no interest in developing a QB. He wanted someone who had a specific set of refined skills so he could plug him in the system that he wanted and keep it moving.
  • Matt-
    Options

Who knows? The key point is that when you have a talent like RGIII and you're planning on making him the franchise QB, you should be building the team and the system around him. Shanahan has shown no signs that he's willing to do that. He reminds me of John Gruden. That's another coach that you don't want to give a good prospective QB coming out of college because dude had no interest in developing a QB. He wanted someone who had a specific set of refined skills so he could plug him in the system that he wanted and keep it moving.

they inked in Fred Davis and signed a couple receivers. i think thats a sign that they are trying to give RG some weapons aka build around him.
  • KeepOnPushing
    KeepOnPushing Members Posts: 17,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

What you think they been doing this Off-Season?
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    yall being difficult

Monk just saying if they draft RG3Stacks, ? ass shanahan gotta build the system around him, cater to his strengths and dont try to plug him into a system
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    McNabb sounds like a hater on this one. the one thing i will give shanahan credit for is that his offense has always wor4ked well with qb's that can move. McNabb couldn't move anymore. And Shanahann didn't force Elway to be a pocket passer. Elway was a very mobile qb that always kept drives alive with his feet. ? he scored on a running td in the super bowl. Jake Plummer ran bootlegs and waggles all day long. That fits RG3 perfectly.

The problem in DC has been that his son's offense is exactly what we remember from his pops in Denver.

the funniest part is that he listed all those qb's but failed to mention how much he failed under Shanahan too.
  • Matt-
    Options
    lamontbdc wrote: »
    McNabb sounds like a hater on this one. the one thing i will give shanahan credit for is that his offense has always wor4ked well with qb's that can move. McNabb couldn't move anymore. And Shanahann didn't force Elway to be a pocket passer. Elway was a very mobile qb that always kept drives alive with his feet. ? he scored on a running td in the super bowl. Jake Plummer ran bootlegs and waggles all day long. That fits RG3 perfectly.

The problem in DC has been that his son's offense is exactly what we remember from his pops in Denver.

the funniest part is that he listed all those qb's but failed to mention how much he failed under Shanahan too.

yeah, funny how that worked out

mcnabbgraphic0312.jpg?uuid=hbjc3nm4EeGTYs2Ymsa_sg
  • The Lonious Monk
    edited March 2012
    Options
    R.D. wrote: »
    yall being difficult

Monk just saying if they draft RG3Stacks, ? ass shanahan gotta build the system around him, cater to his strengths and dont try to plug him into a system

Thanks, I don't really understand what's so hard to understand about that. Will Shanahan ruin RGIII? No one knows yet. The only point that McNabb and others of like mind are making is that Shanahan's history in Washington up to this point doesn't suggest that he would be the best coach for someone like RGIII.

How would that make him a hater though? If anything, adding his name to the list only further supports his claim. He didn't put his name there because his woes in DC were already noted. The list was of other QBs that Shanahan had worked with since Elway. The purpose of it was to show that he wasn't the only one that had problems.
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options
    Funny ? is, Skins fans been saying this since RGIII name first started getting tossed around as going to the Skins
  • tru_m.a.c
    tru_m.a.c Members Posts: 9,091 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    so folks still believe shanahan is a good coach???
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

? is too funny how the ? they gonna put up a graphic detailing how sorry he's been with qb's and just skip over the year Mcnabb stunk up the joint. and when has rex grossman or john beck ever been seen as "notable" players.
  • d.green
    d.green Members Posts: 12,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Rex went to a super bowl and should've won the heisman @ Florida but they gave it to that ? QB/RB from Nebraska (Eric Crouch).

Not sure why he became a turnover machine,