Steve Nash says he would listen to Miami Heat if they called this summer

Options
d.green
d.green Members Posts: 12,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited March 2012 in From the Cheap Seats
Impending free agent Steve Nash said he would listen if the Heat called this summer.

Nash is finishing out his contract with the Suns. He said he's open to returning to Phoenix, but he wants a more competitive roster around him.

http://www.danpatrick.com/2012/03/29/steve-nash-talks-about-free-agency-kentucky-vs-nba-team/

Comments

• Inglewood_B
    Inglewood_B Members Posts: 12,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    if anybody deserve to chase a ring, its nash.
  • In Your Moms Room
    In Your Moms Room Members Posts: 7,383 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I would like to see Nash win a ring. I think he should come off the bench. Lebron is a pg/sf, so nash doesnt need to start. but coming off the bench, he would make all the bench player better.
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? the heat, they aint winnin ? this year. again.
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lou Cypher wrote: »
    ? the heat, they aint winnin ? this year. again.

? your ? team.

Anyways, I do like the Idea of Nash coming off the bench to run the 2nd unit. But I dont really want nash here though. I mean it would be cool if he does come but its not like I'm waiting for him. And even so, Nash said he would only listen.

• young_reezy
    young_reezy Members Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He gone be washed.
  • Already Home_17
    Already Home_17 Members Posts: 14,572 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He gone be washed.

he leads the league in assists per game last time i heard
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Dont he aleady got 1 more MVP award than he deserve

His ? ass should go ahead and retire and be happy
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
    cant hate on nash
  • t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088
    t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088 Members Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    if anybody deserve to chase a ring, its nash.

this...... and nash aint bout to be washed up he's carrying that team right now, I think he'll be good as a FOURTH option in MIA
  • DaBull
    DaBull Members Posts: 9,261 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    once again, how can a team that has 3 of top 12 players in the league on ONE team constantly need MORE help
  • t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088
    Options
    DaBull wrote: »
    once again, how can a team that has 3 of top 12 players in the league on ONE team constantly need MORE help

lol @ this coming from a laker fan like y'all don't have 3 of the top players in the league as well. They don't NEED more help, but they'd damn sure take Nash. ? still acting like they didn't make it to the finals last year.....
  • Co_Town_Michael
    Co_Town_Michael Members Posts: 5,551 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Not a popular opinion but if Miami actually got Nash, it would be over for the league until he retires.
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lol @ ? deserving a ring btw

GTFOH with that ?
  • KeepOnPushing
    KeepOnPushing Members Posts: 17,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Adding a perimeter player wont help the Heat, it' would be a overrated move and overhyped move , their Issue past year and a half has been their Inside play , they been exposed again lately with their weak ass inside defense ..? is getting carved up

adding Nash wouldnt do nothing but just add more hype ..
  • t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088
    edited March 2012
    Options
    Adding a perimeter player wont help the Heat, it' would be a overrated move and overhyped move , their Issue past year and a half has been their Inside play , they been exposed again lately with their weak ass inside defense ..? is getting carved up

I agree w/ what you're saying as far as not helping their weaknesses/defense but c'mon you can't tell me nash wouldn't make that teams offense ? crazy. That uptempo system with nash dropping dimes, plus he would get those open shots that chalmers gets.
  • KeepOnPushing
    KeepOnPushing Members Posts: 17,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2012
    Options

I agree w/ what you're saying as far as not helping their weaknesses/defense but c'mon you can't tell me nash wouldn't make that teams offense ? crazy. That uptempo system with nash dropping dimes, plus he would get those open shots that chalmers gets.

Im saying whats the point of being great at the perimeter and so ? on the inside?? ..Bosh isn't really even a inside player , i like Bosh as a player but he' damn near plays like a SF ...

all im saying is adding nash they would once again beast out in regular season and then get carved up inside on the defensive end..

You already got LBJ who damn near plays like a PG , and both Wade & Bron are players who dont even really fit what Nash does , Nash dribbles around a lot til someone gets open , Wade & Bron aren't those type of Just Catch and shoot guys ..

• major pain
    major pain Members Posts: 10,293 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i think it could work.... nash distributing the ball properly would damn near make them unbeatable.
  • t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088
    Options

Im saying whats the point of being great at the perimeter and so ? on the inside?? ..Bosh isn't really even a inside player , i like Bosh as a player but he' damn near plays like a SF ...

all im saying is adding nash they would once again beast out in regular season and then get carved up inside on the defensive end..

You already got LBJ who damn near plays like a PG , and both Wade & Bron are players who dont even really fit what Nash does , Nash dribbles around a lot til someone gets open , Wade & Bron aren't those type of Just Catch and shoot guys ..

*daps*... you right about that...
  • Mister B.
    Mister B. Members, Writer Posts: 16,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nash to Philly.

Phoenix can have Jrue. He'll grow there.
  • rakim ii
    rakim ii Members Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Miami needs bigs, not an over aged pg who can't guard his own shadow.
  • DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    edited March 2012
    Options
    Nash about to get his 2011 Jason Kid don next year... i personally never liked him hated him seeing getting two MVPS but this dude offensively speaking can make any team better... he is on the old side but has enough for this and next season to still be useful... i say make it a one and done next year with the Heat, to just make Skip Bayless ? .

EDIT: nevermind David Stern ass jew will veto it somehow.
  • southsil4lil
    southsil4lil Members Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That's ? everybody wanting to go to Miami, I just seen Jason Terry talking about doing the same thing. No matter what age I was in the NBA I would want to play against the Heat, that's just me though I get a rush from that type of competition. It's like at a pick up game and ? try to stack they squad or show up and be like "we already got our squad". I love playing in games like that.