Big Sean hints at a new collaborative mixtape and discusses Ludacris's attack on his flow.

DarthRozay
DarthRozay Members Posts: 20,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited March 2012 in The Reason
The Well Versed recently caught up with Big Sean to discuss his success over the past year and future music plans. During the interview, the G.O.O.D. Music representative spoke on an upcoming collaborative mixtape he has in the works with two other artists. Although he did not confirm whether said tape is the long rumored super group project with Wiz Khalifa and Curren$y, he did say that whoever his musical cohorts are, the project will drop soon.

“I’ve just been making sure my next move is right because you can ? it all up and I’m not about to ? it all up. It takes time to make an album,” he explained. "We have a group mixtape coming, I’m not going to tell you with who but it is with two other big ass artists. We’re about to drop that.”

Sean also spoke on Ludacris's 2011 song "Badaboom," in which Luda criticized the Detroit emcee and Drake for their appropriation of the "Supa Dupa flow." Sean said that while he feels no ill will to the Atlanta vet, he thinks that the song was a flimsy attempt to generate controversy.

“It’s crazy! I remember getting a Ludacris CD in the sixth grade for Christmas. But that shows me how well I’m doing the people I used to look up to as a kid are now the competition," he explained. "I just think people are trying to get attention. I don’t really give a ? though. I’m just going to do my thing. I don’t really care about Ludacris in any way. It don’t even matter. I’m pretty sure he’s gonna…never mind. I do wish much success to him and I hope he continues to be a great rapper.”

I hope it's that tape with Spitta and wiz. or something with kanye/cyhi

Comments

• Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    And there goes his career.......
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    this must be old ass news i just came back from a Big Sean concert
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Yeah that diss didn't get Luda the buzz he hoped...worked for like 2 days...damn shame somebody w/ his talent tried to go the attention ? route
  • bankrupt baller
    bankrupt baller Members Posts: 12,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    big sean is wack
  • P. Town
    P. Town Members Posts: 27,306 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chingy >>>>>> Big Sean
  • DetroitBoi313
    DetroitBoi313 Members Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2012
    blackrain wrote: »
    Yeah that diss didn't get Luda the buzz he hoped...worked for like 2 days...damn shame somebody w/ his talent tried to go the attention ? route

Damn shame Luda had to go that route. Made him look desperate as hell. Sean just brushed it off like it was nothing. Also ? got to face the fact that Sean is here to stay for good.
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    is hip hop really this sad that they really asking him bout that luda ? still. how old and played out is that ? now

• P. Town
    P. Town Members Posts: 27,306 ✭✭✭✭✭
    lamontbdc wrote: »
    is hip hop really this sad that they really asking him bout that luda ? still. how old and played out is that ? now

All that says is that in the 4-5 months since Luda dropped that diss, Sean hasn't done ? worth talking about
  • c.b.b.
    c.b.b. Members Posts: 2,843 ✭✭✭✭
    lol @ BlackRain and DetroitBoi still thinking Luda dissed Big Sean for attention.

How can you try to get attention by dissing someone that you sold 20X more records than.

You diss Kanye, Jay Z, Nikki Minaj, Nas, etc for attention. No disrespect to Sean, but no one is dissing Big Sean for fame.

I know Luda dissed Drake too, but I highly doubt Luda dissed them to get his buzz back. Dude felt disrespected by two rookies making comments on a vets rhyming and thinking they're responsible for a flow that's been around for years.
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What attention was Luda looking for, what album or movie was he trying to promote then? smh

Luda don't need a dude who can't even go gold to promote him. Ludacris lowing selling album to day has sold 700k copies which is doubled the sales of Big Sean.
  • king hassan
    king hassan Members Posts: 22,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    blackrain wrote: »

Damn shame Luda had to go that route. Made him look desperate as hell. Sean just brushed it off like it was nothing. Also ? got to face the fact that Sean is here to stay for good.
    Not for good, only for the moment, tha's how music goes homie

• DetroitBoi313
    DetroitBoi313 Members Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2012
    c.b.b. wrote: »
    lol @ BlackRain and DetroitBoi still thinking Luda dissed Big Sean for attention.

How can you try to get attention by dissing someone that you sold 20X more records than.

You diss Kanye, Jay Z, Nikki Minaj, Nas, etc for attention. No disrespect to Sean, but no one is dissing Big Sean for fame.

I know Luda dissed Drake too, but I highly doubt Luda dissed them to get his buzz back. Dude felt disrespected by two rookies making comments on a vets rhyming and thinking they're responsible for a flow that's been around for years.

Right now Big Sean's buzz>Luda's buzz (In terms of Hip-Hop right now). That's a fact. Who is Def Jam promoting more? Sean been on more features, headlined his own tour, 1 double platinum single, a platinum single and a gold single, MTV top 10 list, and other accomplishments. Luda's mixtape came and went. Only thing people cared about was the Drake and Sean diss. Luda had a nice run but he will never get the push he once had at Def Jam. If you wanna be real Sean taking over that lane that Luda once held.
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    this luda vs bigsean nonsense is old y'all....we off that
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ptowndonte wrote: »
    lamontbdc wrote: »

All that says is that in the 4-5 months since Luda dropped that diss, Sean hasn't done ? worth talking about

guess there really isn't ? else to ask him
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14 Members Posts: 15,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
    lol at my fall concert being ludacris and my spring concert about to be big sean for my college
  • BackInWhite
    BackInWhite Members Posts: 23,591 ✭✭✭✭✭
    c.b.b. wrote: »

he shouldn't have felt no disrespect tho
    he said this ? in a song "i fill her up.....balloons!" and "comin down the street like a parade.....macy's!"
    that ? was wack!