So basically Sentry is Marvels answer to Superman???

Options
Soloman_The_Wise
Soloman_The_Wise Members Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited March 2012 in Quite Comical
Agree or disagree??? I noticed how ridiculously powerful dude is and thought damn a Superman for Marvel...

That said who wins Superman Versus Sentry???

Comments

• dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
    somewhat............superman would spank sentry tho
  • bankrupt baller
    bankrupt baller Members Posts: 12,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    superman is wack.....i would back smack dude with kryptonite rings on
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • rage
    rage Members Posts: 5,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Matter manipulation....that's right there is a game changer...Sentry bodies Supes one on one.
  • Amotekun
    Amotekun Members Posts: 7,820 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Matter manipulation is GOAT thats like ? powers right there.

Alas though Sentry got killed off. So basically I think it was Marvel's way of mocking Superman.
  • gns
    gns Members Posts: 21,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    sentry would murk supes. honestly marvel ? up letting hulk even hang with him idgaf how mad hulk was. difference between marvel and dc though sentry is ? not squeaky clean.. layers
  • Bender Rodriguez
    Bender Rodriguez Members Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    superman lost to a regular human...a ? human
  • MorganFreemanKing
    MorganFreemanKing Members Posts: 4,282 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Anti_matter
    Anti_matter Members Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • DarkRaiden
    DarkRaiden Members Posts: 1,423 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Yeah kinda and Sentry would stomp the everloving ? out of superman if written correctly. Like decimate him completely.
  • Wild Self
    Wild Self Members Posts: 4,226 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2012
    Options
    Marvel has dope characters, its just that they don't know how to use them properly outside of the live action movies. Yeah Sentry is a dope character that has ? like powers that can son the ? out of gods, but Marvel been bullshitting on him after Planet Hulk storyline.
  • I Am Him
    I Am Him Members Posts: 261 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2012
    Options

How is Superman beating a guy who can not only read his mind to find out what his weakness is, but could also make that appear out of thin air? That fight would not last 30 mins. I don't think DC knows how to use their characters properly outside of animated movies

• Bender Rodriguez
    Bender Rodriguez Members Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    DRO3000 wrote: »
    I NEVER UNDERSTOOD.... IF SUPES IS SOOOOO STRONG AND CAN ACTUAL MOVE THE EARTH IF HE WANTED TO, HOW CAN HE GET INTO A FIGHT WITH SOME ONE AND THEY SEND HIM FLYIN THROUGH BUILDING?

bad writing in my opinion, just like batman a regular human beating niccas with extratessial power but sometimes he fights people as strong or weaker but to say they weaker than him is not a diss
  • jaxn
    jaxn Members Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No. Gladiator and Hyperion are Marvel's answers to Superman. Sentry is a psionic and is more powerful than Superman
  • Doctopian
    Doctopian Members Posts: 305 ✭✭✭
    Options
    What jaxn said, and Superman hasn't been able to move a planet without an external power up in nearly 30 years.
  • Cabana_Da_Don
    Cabana_Da_Don Members Posts: 7,992 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    AINT THAT ? SENTRY CRAZY THOUGH.HE COULD SAY ? IT I DONT WANT TO FIGHT IN THE MIDDLE OF THE FIGHT AND SUPE WHOOP HIS ASS.ON THE REAL THOUGH CABLE WOULD ? BOTH OF THEM UP IF HE WANTED TO.
  • evoljeanyes
    evoljeanyes Members Posts: 3,740 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Doctopian wrote: »
    What jaxn said, and Superman hasn't been able to move a planet without an external power up in nearly 30 years.

Who is that dragging hulk in that picture? Also what story is it from?
  • Doctopian
    Options
    Thanos of Titan aka Thanos the Mad Titan aka Thanos da Gawd.

It's not from any story I've ever read. I'm pretty sure it's just an original piece drawn by Ron Lim.
  • nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    31168-3857-34695-1-silver-surfer_super.jpg

Had this comic...when I was a kid...yeah Thanos not to be ? with
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    never cared for sentry it just seemed like marvel was trying to hard with the character then didnt care about him anymore
  • Doctopian
    Options
    Yeah, it certainly seems IG inspired, but it isn't from the storyline proper. Not to mention that he the gems aren't on his left gauntlet and he's manhandling the Savage Hulk, not the Merged/Professor Hulk.
  • yeah i rap so don't
    yeah i rap so don't Members Posts: 3,874 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sentry easily is better than Superman, Superman is the most-known and overrated character in the history of comics. DC doesn't even believe he can beat Batman. That should let us all know now.
  • jaxn
    jaxn Members Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    AINT THAT ? SENTRY CRAZY THOUGH.HE COULD SAY ? IT I DONT WANT TO FIGHT IN THE MIDDLE OF THE FIGHT AND SUPE WHOOP HIS ASS.ON THE REAL THOUGH CABLE WOULD ? BOTH OF THEM UP IF HE WANTED TO.

If Sentry loses it, then the Void comes out and that will be a force Superman wouldn't want to mess with. Cable without the virus affecting him can beat Superman..the jury's still out on Sentry since he's a psionic as well..it was hinted that Xman might be able to mindfuck Sentry but Xman is an uber Cable, Cable without ever having the technovirus
  • nicky the don
    nicky the don Members Posts: 502 ✭✭✭
    Options
    jaxn wrote: »

If Sentry loses it, then the Void comes out and that will be a force Superman wouldn't want to mess with. Cable without the virus affecting him can beat Superman..the jury's still out on Sentry since he's a psionic as well..it was hinted that Xman might be able to mindfuck Sentry but Xman is an uber Cable, Cable without ever having the technovirus

Him and Batman my 2 favorites. They need an animated show or movie with Cable.
  • evoljeanyes
    evoljeanyes Members Posts: 3,740 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yall be on here HYPING CABLE...he can't beat no got damn Superman cuz...Real with Supes, speed, and strength really only a few can ? with him if we going power for power on logic...but scrapping in the comic world is based on that ? . Sentry can ? with Supes. Cable damn sure can't ? with Super LMAO

Sentry is a bit different from Supes in my opinion. He would be the other side of the coin in reference to Supes. He is batshit crazy with all the same skills and none of the stability or morals.