Nas has got to be the Most LAZIEST rappers still making music today!!

Options

Comments

• georgia boi
    georgia boi Members Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Just because Nas isn't on the Forbes list doesn't make him lazy. I mean, if someone gets into the industry to create music, then how can he be lazy if he's isn't multi-million dollar mogul. In music, you have your L.A. Reids and Clive Davis's. Then you have your Stevie Wonders and Bruce Springsteens. There's also your Dr. Dre's who can make music and be moguls, but focus more so on the mogul side of things. Why do we have to condemn rappers who just want to create music rather than being moguls?
  • High Revolutionary
    High Revolutionary Members Posts: 3,729 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    nyst8ofmin wrote: »
    see, this is where hip ? got fcuked up...

nas is an artist and should be checked for as an artist. when you start bringin up his personal life, you sound like a TMZ 13 year old girl
    its music. listen to it or dont.
    btw, good undercover I LOVE JAY Z thread.

Hip-hop is dead.

• ocelot
    ocelot Members Posts: 10,019 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jamaica wrote: »
    So nas is lazy because he don't have more money than jay z? He been doing shows the past 2 years and has been collaborating with a few artists this past year. He is making his new album now so please tell me how he's lazy.

Haha at anybody thinking jay is some type of business mastermind , Jay-Z has a good ass business manager named John Meneilly that in combination with Steve Stoute now Jay-Z and Nas have the same manager true but the Business manager is the difference.

Jay is worth half a bill in a career where the average shelf life is 5 years...He married a chick that has just as much as him and he surrounds himself with people who makes money... sounds like a business mastermind to me...
  • Mdizzle9000
    Mdizzle9000 Members, Writer Posts: 8,319 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    dude naid nas owe 46 mill, he doesn't owe anywhere near that. obvious troll/wack poster
  • Gen. Stasia
    Gen. Stasia Members Posts: 2,074 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Uh did Juelz Santana die or something? Last time I checked Nas just dropped an album and did a international tour. Juelz haven't dropped a album or Solo mixtape in over 7 years. Was once neck and neck with Lil Wayne buzz wise but lil tuna fish out hustled him.
  • soul rattler
    soul rattler Members Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Dr. Dre makes one album every decade. But then again he doesn't write ? so he can't be considered a rapper.
  • SlickestR
    SlickestR Members Posts: 2,787 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    some artists just wanna make music, i mean Nas ain't the greatest business wise, but that shouldn't be your problem

he makes great music that you wanna hear... so, so far he's not lazy with the quality of work he puts out. Hey i mean you

don't know the dude personally so why does it even matter.
  • SneakDZA
    SneakDZA Members Posts: 11,223 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So not having $500 million is considered lazy now?

I still don't get the concept of caring about how much money a rapper has. Can someone explain this to me?
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Only bums make threads like this
  • Melanin_Enriched
    Melanin_Enriched Members Posts: 22,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So not having $500 million is considered lazy now?

I still don't get the concept of caring about how much money a rapper has. Can someone explain this to me?

idk, it's like a fan taking pride in how many seats in the stadium their favorite team sellout.
  • deathrowzorrow
    deathrowzorrow Members Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Man Nas is the GOAT. He makes the best music stop ? hating
  • MC The Rapper
    MC The Rapper Members Posts: 8,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ocelot wrote: »
    So nas is lazy because he don't have more money than jay z? He been doing shows the past 2 years and has been collaborating with a few artists this past year. He is making his new album now so please tell me how he's lazy.

Haha at anybody thinking jay is some type of business mastermind , Jay-Z has a good ass business manager named John Meneilly that in combination with Steve Stoute now Jay-Z and Nas have the same manager true but the Business manager is the difference.

Jay is worth half a bill in a career where the average shelf life is 5 years...He married a chick that has just as much as him and he surrounds himself with people who makes money... sounds like a business mastermind to me...

No thats not being a Business Mastermind that being Bourgeois. He worth half a billion because of the moves his business manager makes. You do know what a business manager does?
  • edutained_by_hh
    edutained_by_hh Members Posts: 1,172 ✭✭✭
    Options

No thats not being a Business Mastermind that being Bourgeois. He worth half a billion because of the moves his business manager makes. You do know what a business manager does?

He may have a great business manager. But at the end of the day it is Jay who is worth half a billi, if it was all on his manager, then said manager would dip and start getting his money up, right?
  • ocelot
    ocelot Members Posts: 10,019 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2012
    Options
    @mctherapper
    Yes I do...
    ocelot wrote: »

But Jay has the final say on how he conduct his business... And for a drug dealer from Marcy Brooklyn... that came into the rap game at the age of 26 ( grandpa age in the rap game) and managed to pull off what he did ... then that makes him a business mastermind
  • yeah i rap so don't
    yeah i rap so don't Members Posts: 3,874 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You people know people make music that never gets put out right?
  • Disciplined InSight
    Disciplined InSight Members Posts: 13,478 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? this worthless thread.
  • juan travolta
    juan travolta Members Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lol@calling ? u don't know lazy... u know what his daily life is like?

lmao.......
  • will blax
    will blax Members Posts: 539 ✭✭
    Options
    illmatic and stillmatic are my favorite nas records

http://youtu.be/-tV7pFQPldo
  • dwade206
    dwade206 Members Posts: 11,558 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This Dr.Oliverpo is probably one of those hair saloon MTO gossiping bucket-mouth ? . This broad is basing an artist's career on hearsay from washed rappers like Camron, who he married, his baby mother, and his finances. Just listen to the music.

...? ridiculous
  • CJVisuals
    CJVisuals Members Posts: 350
    Options
    Even though Nas is my favorite MC and I'd like to hear more from him, I can't cosign him being lazy. We sometimes forget that these artists have family and friends whose lives their trying to be in plus daily schedules that are usually hectic. Also, every artist works at their own pace.
  • Wild Self
    Wild Self Members Posts: 4,226 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ^Not just that, but it takes time to make great music. Cats are rushing too much for music these days. People want a home cooked meal done in 5 minutes haha.
  • In Your Moms Room
    In Your Moms Room Members Posts: 7,383 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    how the t/s get 13 wacks for saying the truth. smh.
  • D.Original
    D.Original Members Posts: 734 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    idk why cats care so much about a rappers personal life. but nas has been droppin consistent good music longer than anyone in the game period.
  • antarticp
    antarticp Members Posts: 8,688 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    dont get too mad @ nas ... him and jayz are two different characters ... its obvious they dont have the same goals ... nas just wants to rap and put out a message ... jayz wants to be a business man and break a billion dollars ...

nas lives off his talent ... jay lives off his hustle ...

jayz has a good life but i guaranteed he doesnt control most of it ... most of his life is controlled by the business ...whicch is why he always says RAP WONT LEAVE HIM ALONE .... or THE GAME NEEDS HIM etc.......

im sure nas is aware of those strings and probably doesnt want to get caught in that system .... some folks get in the game for it ...... and most get in the game just to make music ......... but they dont know about the strings that come along when your making music in the "industry" ............. big difference ....

and shout out to nas for actually having 1million dollars in the bank ....... i dont give a ? who you are ... ? a black card .... lines of credits etc............... 1 millions cash in the bank > anything thats not more than 1millions in cash
  • silverfoxx
    silverfoxx Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 11,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options