Options
    ? wasn't wack like i expected
    no circus music ass typical west coast beat
    and no ? ass robot voices from kendrick fudd
    good ?
  • southernmade
    southernmade Members Posts: 2,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? is dope...good music is good music whether dre wrote his verses or not.....this won't be a hit but they're not going for one with this song write here
  • Kame
    Kame Members Posts: 24,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    smooth ? to me... dope

produced by scoop deville...
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ^ there seems to be a sudden re-emergence of talented producers not beatmakers anymore
  • Kame
    Kame Members Posts: 24,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lol how's kendrick gonna ghostwrite a better verse for dre than he did for himself?
  • andre_1024
    andre_1024 Members Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kame wrote: »
    lol how's kendrick gonna ghostwrite a better verse for dre than he did for himself?

lol i was thinkin the same thing..
  • yeah i rap so don't
    yeah i rap so don't Members Posts: 3,874 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2012
    Options
    Why the ? cant dre produce a whole album! Makes no sense.
    GSonII wrote: »
    If I had to bet I would bet it will be the 2012 version of the DOC the formula.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZFJGXEaKHFM

I remember speaking to DOC about this song one day.

When was the last time you seen/talked to DOC? Do you know how that vocal surgery in Italy is going? I hope he's doing well, I'd like to see him rapping again

Not in person in a couple of years. He lives off Slauson by where I use to work. He is a real laid back guy.

I just heard the song and I do not like it at all.
  • the_focused_one
    the_focused_one Members Posts: 560 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    andre_1024 wrote: »
    Kame wrote: »

lol i was thinkin the same thing..

THIRD THIS. LoL...
  • yeah i rap so don't
    Options

CirocObama wrote: »

I really ? with this dudes music. He's one of the hottest out right now. And that track with Game is the hottest track out right now.

You talking about "The City" or is there a proper Game and Kendrick track?

Game and Kendrick have been making songs together since 2006

Can you name some? I wasn't aware of that and want to hear them.

Dre got a busy schedule of eating steroids, hitting up the gym, and making prank calls to 50 with Game.

I kept trying to tell you that. Jay Rock and Kendrick used to roll with Game a few years ago opening up for him, doing songs with him and ? like that.

As far as the songs with Kendrick goes he has a few. Just search both their names on Youtube and im sure they'll pop up.

I know Game featured on one of Kendricks mixtapes back in 2006-2007. I know Kendrick been on a song called "the Cypha" on Games mixtape called BWS Journal vol. 1 which came out 2006 and also a song called Cali ? on a mixtape called You Know What It Is Vol. 4 and so on.

Top and Punch run TDE and they're from Bounty Hunnas. Game really didn't have a choice but to support. Plus, Game actually really likes their music.
  • Shalashaska
    Shalashaska Members Posts: 50
    Options
    As always, it looks like Dre stopped producing. Why is he even on this?!
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    JDSTAYWITIT Members Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2_62Uo7pET0
  • yeah i rap so don't
    Options

Name recognition...I mean that is obvious

Dizzel3000 wrote: »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2_62Uo7pET0

I remember when I was living in Gardena playing Madden and the homie hit me like I'm driving by San Diego to pick up my cousin and you coming too. I said Naw man and he was like yeah you are, I called his home and they said he left. Ten minutes later he calls me talking about he outside my apartment. I get in and this dude riding around with a burner out. Fast forward a couple years. I get back to California from Illinois. I need to go get something out of my mom friend house about two hours away. The same homie gives me a ride. While driving he asks me if I ever heard this song and plays it. Crazy ? , when in Illinois I listened to this and Crooked I's "Home" all of the time. I never liked Kendrick's verse on this song tho.
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    JDSTAYWITIT Members Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I remember when I was living in Gardena playing Madden and the homie hit me like I'm driving by San Diego to pick up my cousin and you coming too. I said Naw man and he was like yeah you are, I called his home and they said he left. Ten minutes later he calls me talking about he outside my apartment. I get in and this dude riding around with a burner out. Fast forward a couple years. I get back to California from Illinois. I need to go get something out of my mom friend house about two hours away. The same homie gives me a ride. While driving he asks me if I ever heard this song and plays it. Crazy ? , when in Illinois I listened to this and Crooked I's "Home" all of the time. I never liked Kendrick's verse on this song tho.

i remember playing this red bandana and invisible felon freestyle damn near everyday on my way to work ...thinking oh ? game about to ? this ? .....two years later he dropped LAX................................................................ and i said damn not so much.
  • yeah i rap so don't
    Options
    Dizzel3000 wrote: »

i remember playing this red bandana and invisible felon freestyle damn near everyday on my way to work ...thinking oh ? game about to ? this ? .....two years later he dropped LAX................................................................ and i said damn not so much.

That album is so misdirected and really a boring and uneventful piece of work. I think he recorded over 300 songs for it, so if those were the ones that were chosen it is off.
  • CirocObama
    CirocObama Members Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I really ? with this dudes music. He's one of the hottest out right now. And that track with Game is the hottest track out right now.

You talking about "The City" or is there a proper Game and Kendrick track?

Game and Kendrick have been making songs together since 2006

Dre got a busy schedule of eating steroids, hitting up the gym, and making prank calls to 50 with Game.

I kept trying to tell you that. Jay Rock and Kendrick used to roll with Game a few years ago opening up for him, doing songs with him and ? like that.

As far as the songs with Kendrick goes he has a few. Just search both their names on Youtube and im sure they'll pop up.

I know Game featured on one of Kendricks mixtapes back in 2006-2007. I know Kendrick been on a song called "the Cypha" on Games mixtape called BWS Journal vol. 1 which came out 2006 and also a song called Cali ? on a mixtape called You Know What It Is Vol. 4 and so on.

Top and Punch run TDE and they're from Bounty Hunnas. Game really didn't have a choice but to support. Plus, Game actually really likes their music.

I know, plus 2Teez was actually doing security for Game too so there you go. But like you said he obviously liked their music too it wasnt like he was co-signing a Soulja Boy or whatever. TDE actually got a talented team.
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    Options
  • riddlerap
    riddlerap Members Posts: 17,132 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    wish Dre woulda produced.
  • riddlerap
    Options
    im still not sure what is so special about Kendrick Lamar. hes ok, but it feels like hes being overrated.. maybe its because so many wack rappers populate mainstream right now, that someone who is a little above average seems great to some people. i actually really want to like him, but listening to him just makes me think im listening to a random amateur unsigned hype kinda artist.
  • riddlerap
    Options
    chorus, beat and Dre's parts are the best.
  • choppa_style
    choppa_style Members Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭✭
    Options

'Cuz Lamar is on Aftermath now?
  • Nah Son
    Nah Son Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 9,367 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2012
    Options
    ca21 wrote: »
    Damn Dre was nice on this....dude hasnt sounded this hungry in about ten years. Dope track.

How can he sound hungry when he doesnt write his own verses? Dre is a producer not a rapper. Its obvious that Kendrick wrote this verse and thats why Dre used Kendricks flow too.

Huh? I said he sounded hungry so I was referring to his flow and delivery which I felt on that song....We all know Dre cant write for ? ..."Never let me slip cause if I slip then I'm slippin" lmao
  • Melanin_Enriched
    Melanin_Enriched Members Posts: 22,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? damn @ hearing kendricks word play and flow all over dre's verse.
  • alphajjc
    alphajjc Members Posts: 427 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Why are they taking down all the versions of the song for?
  • BobOblah
    BobOblah Members Posts: 9,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    alphajjc wrote: »
    Why are they taking down all the versions of the song for?

it's on itunes for a dollar.

but yea I went there after I couldnt find it anywhere else lol
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    Options
    Damn Dre was nice on this....dude hasnt sounded this hungry in about ten years. Dope track.

How can he sound hungry when he doesnt write his own verses? Dre is a producer not a rapper. Its obvious that Kendrick wrote this verse and thats why Dre used Kendricks flow too.

Huh? I said he sounded hungry so I was referring to his flow and delivery which I felt on that song....We all know Dre cant write for ? ..."Never let me slip cause if I slip then I'm slippin" lmao

He didnt write that ? either lol