Police: dwade's fam shot in chicago..................

2»

Comments

• MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know we all on the Trayvon bandwagon right now, but I'm still waiting on SOMEBODY to start getting "outraged" with the kinda black-on-black ? that's been going on in inner-cities like Chicago for years.

There were at least 300 gang-related Trayvons across the country last year alone. Who rockin' a hoodie for them?

word to jesse jackson and al sharpton
  • cobbland
    cobbland Members Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm all for personal responsibility, but...

None of these neighborhoods that are currently plagued by violence of this type, would be in this condition if it weren't for the actions of government officials to destabilize these areas from the 1900's to now. There were legitimate studies done that actually show the generational effects this can have.

• greenwood1921
    greenwood1921 Members Posts: 47,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    cobbland wrote:

None of these neighborhoods that are currently plagued by violence of this type, would be in this condition if it weren't for the actions of government officials to destabilize these areas from the 1900's to now. There were legitimate studies done that actually show the generational effects this can have.

I hear you. But you can go far beyond 1900 if we talkin' "generational effects". And you know what I mean by that.

• d.green
    d.green Members Posts: 12,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2012
    I know we all on the Trayvon bandwagon right now, but I'm still waiting on SOMEBODY to start getting "outraged" with the kinda black-on-black ? that's been going on in inner-cities like Chicago for years.

There were at least 300 gang-related Trayvons across the country last year alone. Who rockin' a hoodie for them?

Its sad what's going on in the Windy City and most inner cities in America. but these nickas not listening to anyone. There's been outrage about black on black crime for decades.

A lot of these nickas want the fast money with no education and no dress code (pants sagging and showing their ? ass boxers to the public).

NIckas got it twisted. Thinking its cool to sound ignorant. Think its cool to drop out of school. Thinking the kid who's making good grades is a lame when in reality they may end up working for that same kid 10-20 years later or even seeing their parents work for that same kid eventually. Aint that a ? ?

Musicians, rappers, actors, athletes, you, me, etc, we all need to play a role in changing things. But honestly at times it seems like a lost cause. Here people are fighting for justice for Trayvon but we're still out here killing outselves. How do we expect anyone to value black life if we don't outselves?

Trayvon Martin was not banging or committing a crime. He was profiled and murdered because he was black and fit the desription or as they call it he was racially profiled. After he was gunned down for nothing the shooter was simply going to walk without a real investigation or even trial. Basiaclly he shot a person, gave his side of the story and was released. WTF? That's the outrage.

Even cops go on trial after shooting nickas. At the minimum there's an investigation afterwards. This was going to be swept under the rug and just "blow over" as Zimmerma's friend said.

• rage
    rage Members Posts: 5,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    cobbland wrote: »

Ok an then what? How long is it going to be "its like this because of what happened XYZ years ago" and instead be "Aight we have a problem, we know what caused it....now its time to just stop this horseshit". Your kidding yourself if you think there isnt a level of self propagation going on. There is no ? reason 16 year olds should just start spraying in a corner store leaving 2 people dead.
  • greenwood1921
    edited March 2012
    d.green wrote:

Its sad what's going on in the Windy City and most inner cities in America. but these nickas not listening to anyone. There's been outrage about black on black crime for decades.

A lot of these nickas want the fast money with no education and no dress code (pants sagging and showing their ? ass boxers to the public).

NIckas got it twisted. Thinking its cool to sound ignorant. Think its cool to drop out of school. Thinking the kid who's making good grades is a lame when in reality they may end up working for that same kid 10-20 years later or even seeing their parents work for that same kid eventually. Aint that a ? ?

Trayvon Martin was not banging or committing a crime. He was profiled and murdered because he was black and fit the desription or as they call it he was racially profiled. After he was gunned down for nothing the shooter was simply going to walk without a real investigation or even trial. Basiaclly he shot a person, gave his side of the story and was released. WTF? That's the outrage.

Even cops go on trial after shooting nickas. At the minimum there's an investigation afterwards. This was going to be swept under the rug and just "blow over" as Zimmerma's friend said.

You're forgetting about the hundreds of INNOCENT kids in the hoods that have been shot, beaten, or killed due to violence. Speaking of chicago, I know you heard about

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTEvSyIgcAVnP65MJoRS7bdVClQXscOYKsIJDqEWBaOiSgGN76uVA

Derrion Albert a couple years ago. Good student, neutron, but still got beat to death.

Lotta Derrion Alberts out there too.

And if we gon' have the "we can't do nothin' bout them damn kids" attitude about gang violence, then why not have a "we can't do nothin' bout these damn racists people/police" attitude right along with it?

• cobbland
    rage wrote: »

Ok an then what? How long is it going to be "its like this because of what happened XYZ years ago" and instead be "Aight we have a problem, we know what caused it....now its time to just stop this horseshit". Your kidding yourself if you think there isnt a level of self propagation going on. There is no ? reason 16 year olds should just start spraying in a corner store leaving 2 people dead.

It never stopped happening.
  • Chef_Taylor
    Chef_Taylor Members Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hate saying this but i agree with the sooner boy.
  • greenwood1921
    doubletee wrote:
    Hate saying this but i agree with the sooner boy.

OU >>> texass.

Just to keep the universe balanced.
  • Chef_Taylor
    Chef_Taylor Members Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭✭
    At the end of the day...Texas>>ou

Just being honest.
  • d.green
    edited March 2012
    d.green wrote:

You're forgetting about the hundreds of INNOCENT kids in the hoods that have been shot, beaten, or killed due to violence. Speaking of chicago, I know you heard about

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTEvSyIgcAVnP65MJoRS7bdVClQXscOYKsIJDqEWBaOiSgGN76uVA

Derrion Albert a couple years ago. Good student, neutron, but still got beat to death.

Lotta Derrion Alberts out there too.

And if we gon' have the "we can't do nothin' bout them damn kids" attitude about gang violence, then why not have a "we can't do nothin' bout these damn racists people/police" attitude right along with it?

Yeah i was speaking of the bangers earlier.

We can fight or protest an organization like a police dept, goverment, etc because they have have a duty to serve the people. They can be replaced, fired, etc. An individual is a totally different thing. Holding an individual accountable is basically locking him up.

In regards to the innocent victims, yes that's terrible. Tragic.

Sad that we do this to our own community. I'm at a lost myself. What do we do? Like i said i don't think these dudes are listening.

I still think the Martin case is different. If Zimmerman had been arrested, we would not know the name Trayvon Martin.
  • greenwood1921
    The thing that ? me up about Trayvon is that it was just all-around ? up. Even if you take race out of it.

"I shot him because I didn't like the way he looked in my neighborhood".

The ? ?
  • rage
    rage Members Posts: 5,858 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes it has stop thinking like a ? victim.
  • ATTS
    ATTS Members Posts: 6,663 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The thing that ? me up about Trayvon is that it was just all-around ? up. Even if you take race out of it.

"I shot him because I didn't like the way he looked in my neighborhood".

The ? ?

what i hate is police drug tested trayvon, but didnt drug test zimmerman.....
    zimmerman didnt even belong to a neigbourhood watch group....d whole case is ? up.....even if it goes to trial, gonna be hard to convict him
  • d.green
    They may be able to get him on manslaughter or something like that
  • cobbland

Yes it has stop thinking like a ? victim.

You a damn fool if you believe they ever stopped.
  • greenwood1921
    I honestly wouldn't be surprised if this Trayvon ish was the start of another riot. Been a while since Miami had a race riot.

And most race riots went like this:

1. Tragedy involving a black male.

2. Police somehow involved.

3. The Police/racists involved were not properly dealt with by the justice system.

4. ? gets real.

Was talking to a cat the other day who remembered the Rodney King riots in L.A. He said that nobody was really tripping off of the ROdney king video 'cause everybody "knew" that the cops would get the book thrown at them.

So when that didn't happen...

tumblr_lydr2kkj8P1r9tmaro3_500.jpg

...Just hope the brotha's doing the rioting are smart enough to ? SOMEBODY ELSE'S neighborhood this time.
  • f.e.d.s.
    f.e.d.s. Members Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Being that I am from the Chi, I know how this ? is. I know the same streets that a lotta this ? happens. I understand what it is to lose people to this ? . I understand that these young ? don't give a ? about about life, so they don't give a ? about death, either. Unfortunately, everybody living in the Chi know they not exempt to this ? .
  • ATTS
    ATTS Members Posts: 6,663 ✭✭✭✭✭
    d.green wrote: »

i wont be surprised dude escapes to mexico or some ? like that....hes a free man...hes NOT under arrest so he can flee d country
  • 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    i hope his nephew pull through
    dwade couldn't have moved his fam out the hood though?

you cant help everyone....and everyone doesnt deserve help
  • greenwood1921
    pralims wrote:
    i hope his nephew pull through
    dwade couldn't have moved his fam out the hood though?

you cant help everyone....and everyone doesnt deserve help

Goat quote.
  • FroHawke
    FroHawke Members Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭
    If it weren't for Mexicans, we'd be the least respected and most hated minorities in this country. Purely because of things like this.

There are racists out there, obviously, but we never have helped ourselves as a community by rising above this gang/black-on-black crime mentality and educating the inner city. So many black intellectuals have talked till their ears turn blue, but nothing ever changes.

It's times like this when you just hope all the idiots doing the shooting just ? themselves off. Let evolution pick out the ones smart enough to adapt.
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I honestly wouldn't be surprised if this Trayvon ish was the start of another riot. Been a while since Miami had a race riot.

And most race riots went like this:

1. Tragedy involving a black male.

2. Police somehow involved.

3. The Police/racists involved were not properly dealt with by the justice system.

4. ? gets real.

Was talking to a cat the other day who remembered the Rodney King riots in L.A. He said that nobody was really tripping off of the ROdney king video 'cause everybody "knew" that the cops would get the book thrown at them.

So when that didn't happen...

tumblr_lydr2kkj8P1r9tmaro3_500.jpg

...Just hope the brotha's doing the rioting are smart enough to ? SOMEBODY ELSE'S neighborhood this time.

word...its not the act of violence thats the root of the problem its the lack of empathy/action from the justice system and authority in our society that black have the problem with...i.e. zimmerman not being arrested or charged till this day
  • d.green
    edited April 2012
    ATTS wrote: »
    d.green wrote: »

i wont be surprised dude escapes to mexico or some ? like that....hes a free man...hes NOT under arrest so he can flee d country

I agree. dude is probably in Peru laughing at all of this but he knows he can never come back to the Orlando or Miami area and be comfortable.