Nasty Nas---King Of Schooling Other Rappers

alphajjc
alphajjc Members Posts: 427 ✭✭✭
edited March 2012 in The Reason
In his two decade plus career, Nas has always been a part of the ELITE class of emcees when it comes to embarrassing other rappers through his raps. Whether he is being blunt with his disses in songs like "Ether" , or being more sneaky in songs like "Nazareth Savage", this is an emcee who takes his pen game seriously and knows how to ALWAYS find a way to shut down another fellow rapper and make them think twice about crossing him.

Of course you have had other rappers take the foolish risk of awaking the "sleeping lion", but they quickly realized they were made the wrong choice and should have just kept their mouth close.

Besides "Illmatic" and "I Am" it seems that Nas has dissed AT LEAST one rapper on each of his solo albums, and it does not seem that he has ever lost a battle during that period at all. Many of his critics will try to find ways to make it seem that Jay-Z is the only person he has defeated but when you look beneath the surface, you will see that it is not true at all.

It Was Written
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ws3Ks0FGxYM

^In the classic song "The Message" from Nas' sophomore album, Nas in both the 1st and 3rd verse spit some of his absolutely best lyrics in his career at that point. This was one of the very FIRST TIMES in his career that we actually saw him show his "battle rap" expertise against another emcee who was the "King Of New York" at the time....

biggie-king.jpg

“On a song I did on my second album, Tupac thought it was about him, but it was really towards Biggie,” he says of The Message off of It Was Written. “From the first lines all the way to ‘One life, one love, there can only be one king.’, that was specifically going in that direction. The whole ? song, really. Tupac was not even on my radar for going at him.”

^For some reason, many rap fans think that Biggie's "Kick In The Door" was the winner of the two tracks from the two NY rappers.......but it makes you wonder why would they say that?

Just like in "Takeover", Biggie also only had very short verses on Nas(at the end) and if you look at the big picture, there is no way that you could say that Biggie beat Nas. That is not to same that Frank White was not a worthy challenge but when you look at "The Message" as a whole you can just hear the anger in Nas' voice that we would learn in later years was a sign that he is not to be messed with.

Nastradamus

Next Victim:

1d74833757jay-z.jpg.jpeg

"Nastradamus" and "Come Get Me"

You wanna ball till you fall, I can help you with that/You want beef?/I could let a slug melt in your hat” (“Nastradamus”)

“You don’t like me clown? Now you wanna take me down?/If I bring my face around, you gon’ do what?/You butt/Your crew knew I blew up, I been shinin – baseball diamonds…” (“Come Get Me”)

“You make hot songs, but she know you steal from me/Who ill as me?/I wild on haters in album three” (“Come Get Me”)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lpuVaCA8_gg

The “ball till you fall/slug melt in your hat” was a play on words from the sung Chorus by Memphis Bleek on “What You Think Of That”. Memphis Bleek wore a tilted hat on the cover of Coming of Age, thus the “slug melt in your hat” line.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IGVHc7rBpO4

According to Carmen Bryant, the "Nastradamus" was the era in which he found out about her and Jay, and you could tell from these two songs a hint of the anger that was eventually getting to....

The type of anger that would make his current enemy at the moment soul burn slow........

Stillmatic:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ePQKD9iBfU

According to Nas, he gave this infamous song its name because:

, "I was told a long time ago, ghosts and spirits don't like the fumes from ether, and I just wanted to affect him with my weapon and get to his soul."

I would say that this definitely worked. Many people like to say that he overdid it with the "? " jokes and "? " jokes in the song and although that may be SLIGHTLY true, it does not automatically mean that he lost. Many people seem to forget that Nas actually spent more time dissing his enemy Jay than vice versa. Jay actually only had a short verse about Nas.

Since the song was released, many of his critics have talked about how Ether does not have any facts in it at all which is not true in any way. Another thing people seem to forget is on the "Stillmatic" album, Nas spit one of the hottest 2 minute freestyles in rap, which made "Ether" even more epic

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=avQioEwD6zI

If "Ether" did not say anything, Nasir would eventually put the nail in the coffin with his follow up disses....:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XTa7ruk1AT0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=izXzotyKYTg

Something else that is under the radar and that many people seem to forget is his beef with fellow Queensbridge rapper Cormega, Prodigy, and Nature

p23478pupb6.jpg

prodigy.jpg

cormega1.jpg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N3ZBOPFQdlk

Just like its name suggests, "Destroy and Rebuild" was just absolutely viscious and Nas used the classic "Children's Story" by Slick Rick in the intro, and proceeded to basically son another rapper who he was beefing with at the time.

He was just so patronizing to these guys you felt bad for them....

"Even Jigga want the crown, how that sound, poor thing"

"And thats real, ayo Nature I can't hold your hand through this ? man
I'm not your father man, be your own man, stand on your own two
I believe in you, believe in yourself ? or dont even rep this"

"Ayo Mega you wanna be a gangsta, there's real gangsta
? going on in the streets man, yo ? is in the grind
Where you be at man, ? be buckin'
Why you never buckin', where you be at man
All of a sudden you the ? ' Nino Brown of the ? ' hood
Its disgusting man, stay out the magazines
Keep my name out your ? ' mouth
Theres no more room for jealousy, we destroyin' and rebuildin'
That means the cowards get out and real ? stay
? been hating me since I been nine
Shining with suede ? Bally's on and silks"

"Askin' a Braveheart to get back your jewelry
You ain't from my hood, don't even rep Q.B
Nature moved to Marcy, man ? ridin' Nature, nothin' else to say
Man Nature moved to Marcy, backwards ass ? "

To be continued with Part II...

Comments

• High Revolutionary
    High Revolutionary Members Posts: 3,729 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2012
    I mean, I like Nas as much as the next hip-hop head, but damn are ya'll getting paid for this?
  • alphajjc
    I mean, I like Nas as much as the next hip-hop head, but damn are ya'll getting paid for this?

Why is it in threads like this alot of you guys always act so sarcastic and make it seem like its painful to have discussion threads?

sometimes man i just confused with reactions like this
  • alphajjc
    edited March 2012
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    so we gon pretend like Kick In The Door isn't better than The Message
  • P. Town
    P. Town Members Posts: 27,306 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The job must not pay much
  • alphajjc
    ptowndonte wrote: »
    The job must not pay much

it doesnt
  • NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    We know. Dudes ain't seeing Nas on the mic on any level.
  • randallp7
    randallp7 Members Posts: 6
    It is not true at all.avatar4.jpg
  • High Revolutionary
    High Revolutionary Members Posts: 3,729 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm saying all ya'll giving me "wack" and "feelings" reactions better be coppin' at least two copies of Life Is Good, the day it drops.
  • jose324
    jose324 Members Posts: 65
    Alot of people forget about that "you wanna be me" track, that was the nail in jay's coffin.

"your a pussay with a yeast infection, your unlucky i'm your ? c section"
    crazy line right there.

jay-z is wealthy though.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Legend in Two Sports Posts: 8,496 ✭✭✭✭✭
    good thread T/S ....
  • Ewrightmusik
    Ewrightmusik Members Posts: 6
  • alphajjc
    Continued

Street's Disciple:

Next Victim:

Snoop_Dogg.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cBokCDL1FB8

Son's back with flows, they say mine is very scary
    Smell fear like a canine that finds buried babies
    And all of y'all wear that same aroma
    How to blow on your eighth LP, I'll show ya
    You're wack ? , face it
    In the history of the game, you have no placement
    Liquor and weed just massacred their mind, or thee celebrity
    Or they couldn't change with time, so now they run they mouth
    But when the sun go south, them comes come out
    My cavalry woulda been threw ten in your skin
    Casualty you don't wanna be, don't want it with me
    Straight savage

^In this line, Nas was throwing subliminal shots at Snoop Dogg, who made it seem that Tupac completely herbed Nas and smacked him in front of his whole crew during their infamous meeting in central park days before 2pac was shot.

Hip Hop Is Dead:

Next Victim of Nas:

jim_jones2012-headshot-scowl-med-wide.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7fX6FozvNog

Two years later on Nas follow up album he would make a reference to Dipset rapper Jim Jones by telling him:

"Put a barrel in the Capo mouth/til his scalp come out you a kid you don't live what you rap about"

Untitled:

Next victim:

50-cent1.jpg
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2rOnjXBwUa4

"Take 27 emcee's put them in a line and they're out of alignment
    My assignment since he said retirement
    Hiding behind 8 Mile and The Chronic
    Gets rich but dies rhyming
    This is hot science
    Now add 23 more from Queens to B-more
    I've over their heads
    Like a bulimic on a seesaw
    Now that's 50 porch monkeys ate up at the same time"

In one of Nas latest disses, he quickly killed arch-rival 50 Cent in a short verse and showed why he is still one of the best at spitting 16's

We have not really heard of anyone lately making disses about Nas or hearing him having problems with anyone(besides Kelis), so it seems unlikely that "Life Is Good" will follow this tradition he has had since the "It Was Written" era of dissing people on each solo album
  • deathrowzorrow
    deathrowzorrow Members Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • MC The Rapper
    MC The Rapper Members Posts: 8,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some of the ? Nas's says isn't true and he really conniving .
  • alphajjc
    What does Nas say that is not true?
  • Jabu_Rule
    Jabu_Rule Members Posts: 5,993 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2012
    alphajjc wrote: »

Dudes still trying to bring up that Rockafella died from AIDS line. That line can be flipped and is relevant in so many ways. Rock Hudson. Rocking fellas and getting AIDS makes the most sense. The next line illuminates this. I rock hoes y'all rock fellas (? contract AIDS).
  • freshb651
    freshb651 Members Posts: 8,240 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2012
    did anybody ever notice that Money Over ? also is MOB which is Blood(JImmy's set)
  • alphajjc
    FuriousOne wrote: »

Dudes still trying to bring up that Rockafella die from AIDS. That line can be flipped and is relevant in so many ways. Rock Hudson. Rocking fellas and getting AIDS makes the most sense. The next line illuminates this. I rock hoes y'all rock fellas (? contract AIDS).

Exactly I knew that was most likely going to be the response I would get.

As we know from specials like "Driven" on VH1 since Nas was young he was constantly reading all kinds of books. Do people really expect a guy with so much knowledge to make a mistake by thinking that John D Rockafeller died from AIDS when the disease did not exist?

I mean people really dont think.

Another thing people love bringing up is the "and I ain't even give you my numbers" line, as Carmen talked about in her book Jay was obsessed with Nas and even tried to get in contact with him multiple times through E Money Bags.

its also funny that Jay did exactly what Nas accused him of always doing.........."you seem to be only concerned with dissing women"........and he proved him wrong by dissing Nas baby mother.....
  • The_Man
    The_Man Members Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nas is a ? head.
  • alphajjc
    freshb651 wrote: »
    did anybody ever notice that Money Over ? also is MOB which is Blood(JImmy's set)

Damn....if it was another rapper I would say that its just a coincidence but like I said before Nas takes big pride in his pen game and he probably knew EXACTLY what he was doing.

Lol Has Jimmy even dissed him since then?
  • MC The Rapper
    MC The Rapper Members Posts: 8,140 ✭✭✭✭✭

Now watch this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYMBaUS0LwY
  • rapmastermind
    rapmastermind Members Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2012

Co-sign and most in Hip Hop would agree. But I agree with the fact NaS has gone in on a lot of emcee subliminally. But there is no way I can say that he got Big. Big killed him and many others on "Kick in the Door". "The Message" is a Classic song, to me it's a masterpiece but I can't put it above Big and Premo. Big exposed NaS going from NaSty NaS to Escobar "Emcee's use to be on some crutty ? , took home Ready To Die listen study ? , now they on some money ? ". He exposed his publishing problems on "ILLmatic" before Jay, "That's why my money never funny, and you still recouped it, stupid it". He got on him for his "Willie Esco" clothing ads before Jay, "All these so called ? ". And one of the most memorable lines by saying NaS so called reign didn't last, "Your reign on the top was short as leperchuans". Big dissected NaS on that joint. All NaS said to Big on the message really was that there was only 1 king, the Fake thug and other stuff was about Pac, NaS just won't admit it. Big answered that with the "Ain't no other kings in this rap thing they siblings, nothing but my children". So in the end there is no way you can say that Big didn't get NaS on "Kick in the Door", out of the 5 emcees he dissed on that track, he got NaS the worst. NaS even admitted in an interview that Big got him on "Kick in the Door". Now everyone else on your list again I agree, NaS got them. He did not get Big.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aNwvHEme_JE
  • alphajjc

Now watch this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYMBaUS0LwY

You still have not really said what Nas has said that is untrue.

Even if what Nas said on "Stillmatic" really happened to Cormega in 1991, how does that matter in any way?

Do you hear anyone say that Prodigy having ballet pics does not "count" because he was younger? Or any other random rapper who is acting gangsta now, and was revealed to have snitched in the past, does not "count' because it was ages ago.

I know these two are cool now but It's funny how Cormega was acting like Nas was some bully who was "trying to stop guys from eating" when Mega himself is the one who kind of instigated the whole situation by being cocky and saying that Nas respects him way too much for him to say my name in a record(before Stillmatic came out).

I mean seriously what do you call that?

• alphajjc

Co-sign and most in Hip Hop would agree. But I agree with the fact NaS has gone in on a lot of emcee subliminally. But there is no way I can say that he got Big. Big killed him and many others on "Kick in the Door". "The Message" is a Classic song, to me it's a masterpiece but I can't put it above Big and Premo. Big exposed NaS going from NaSty NaS to Escobar "Emcee's use to be on some crutty ? , took home Ready To Die listen study ? , now they on some money ? ". He exposed his publishing problems on "ILLmatic" before Jay, "That's why my money never funny, and you still recouped it, stupid it". He got on him for his "Willie Esco" clothing ads before Jay, "All these so called ? ". And one of the most memorable lines by saying NaS so called reign didn't last, "Your reign on the top was short as leperchuans". Big dissected NaS on that joint. All NaS said to Big on the message really was that there was only 1 king, the Fake thug and other stuff was about Pac, NaS just won't admit it. Big answered that with the "Ain't no other kings in this rap thing they siblings, nothing but my children". So in the end there is no way you can say that Big didn't get NaS on "Kick in the Door", out of the 5 emcees he dissed on that track, he got NaS the worst. NaS even admitted in an interview that Big got him on "Kick in the Door". Now everyone else on your list again I agree, NaS got them. He did not get Big.

Not saying "Kick In The Door" is bad or anything because like I said Biggie was a worthy opponent and definitely one of Nas' biggest competition in his career, despite how short it lasted.

I agree with Biggie killing the other people he was talking about "Kick in the Door" and I hate choosing between the two because both are classics but .........lol maybe im in denial, I just dont want to say the words "biggie killed nas".

About the "fake thug" line, you really think Nas lied to Pac to his face about it not being about him?