Options

Comments

• rapmastermind
    rapmastermind Members Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2012
    Options
    alphajjc wrote: »
    so we gon pretend like Kick In The Door isn't better than The Message

Co-sign and most in Hip Hop would agree. But I agree with the fact NaS has gone in on a lot of emcee subliminally. But there is no way I can say that he got Big. Big killed him and many others on "Kick in the Door". "The Message" is a Classic song, to me it's a masterpiece but I can't put it above Big and Premo. Big exposed NaS going from NaSty NaS to Escobar "Emcee's use to be on some crutty ? , took home Ready To Die listen study ? , now they on some money ? ". He exposed his publishing problems on "ILLmatic" before Jay, "That's why my money never funny, and you still recouped it, stupid it". He got on him for his "Willie Esco" clothing ads before Jay, "All these so called ? ". And one of the most memorable lines by saying NaS so called reign didn't last, "Your reign on the top was short as leperchuans". Big dissected NaS on that joint. All NaS said to Big on the message really was that there was only 1 king, the Fake thug and other stuff was about Pac, NaS just won't admit it. Big answered that with the "Ain't no other kings in this rap thing they siblings, nothing but my children". So in the end there is no way you can say that Big didn't get NaS on "Kick in the Door", out of the 5 emcees he dissed on that track, he got NaS the worst. NaS even admitted in an interview that Big got him on "Kick in the Door". Now everyone else on your list again I agree, NaS got them. He did not get Big.

Not saying "Kick In The Door" is bad or anything because like I said Biggie was a worthy opponent and definitely one of Nas' biggest competition in his career, despite how short it lasted.

I agree with Biggie killing the other people he was talking about "Kick in the Door" and I hate choosing between the two because both are classics but .........lol maybe im in denial, I just dont want to say the words "biggie killed nas".

About the "fake thug" line, you really think Nas lied to Pac to his face about it not being about him?

The "1 King" line was the only thing about Biggie, I think NaS was frontin, the whole get out of the hospital and fake thug was clearly Pac references, I love NaS but till this day I don't think he's being 100% honest about those Pac subliminals. It seemed NaS was more or less throwing Rocks at Big's thrown:

"Take the crown of the so called King and lock it down"

That was the affirmative action remix. NaS knew Big had the crown. So since Big died it feels like Big got the last word with "Kick in the Door" so there will always be a question if NaS could beat Big in a battle but the debate continues.
  • alphajjc
    alphajjc Members Posts: 427 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Another thing to add to this thread, I just came across this info from another website that came out years ago. As we all know from his dozens of unreleased songs, Nas is one of those rappers that constantly is editing certain tracks that he makes. Apparently Ether was suppose to have another line in it but it was stopped........

AHH: One thing that just came up today, Nas apparently has a response to Jay Z’s "The Takeover" on his upcoming album, which implicates you and Pun and includes the lyrics: "Call yourself gangsta but you were begging for pardon that night in Carbon when Terror Squad flipped on your squadron tried to front on their checks till Pun put a gun to your chest."

Fat Joe: We gotta hear it but damn, what a way to put me right in the middle of the beef huh? We don’t comment on that, that's old news. Like I said all the negative energy all that sh*t you can throw that out the window.
    Nas is crazy. No question that we are allies with Nas Escobar. We love Nas. I almost named my son after Nas. As far as him and Jay Z with the beef: that’s they stuff. Until somebody tries to involve me in that sh*t, that’s it. I ain’t got no problem with the whole Rocafella. It’s well documented. Everybody keeps trying to get me to talk about that sh*t in every interview. Why don’t they ask Jay Z that stuff? I read his interveiws, nobody asks him. If you interview him, ask him.
  • alphajjc
    Options
    so we gon pretend like Kick In The Door isn't better than The Message

Co-sign and most in Hip Hop would agree. But I agree with the fact NaS has gone in on a lot of emcee subliminally. But there is no way I can say that he got Big. Big killed him and many others on "Kick in the Door". "The Message" is a Classic song, to me it's a masterpiece but I can't put it above Big and Premo. Big exposed NaS going from NaSty NaS to Escobar "Emcee's use to be on some crutty ? , took home Ready To Die listen study ? , now they on some money ? ". He exposed his publishing problems on "ILLmatic" before Jay, "That's why my money never funny, and you still recouped it, stupid it". He got on him for his "Willie Esco" clothing ads before Jay, "All these so called ? ". And one of the most memorable lines by saying NaS so called reign didn't last, "Your reign on the top was short as leperchuans". Big dissected NaS on that joint. All NaS said to Big on the message really was that there was only 1 king, the Fake thug and other stuff was about Pac, NaS just won't admit it. Big answered that with the "Ain't no other kings in this rap thing they siblings, nothing but my children". So in the end there is no way you can say that Big didn't get NaS on "Kick in the Door", out of the 5 emcees he dissed on that track, he got NaS the worst. NaS even admitted in an interview that Big got him on "Kick in the Door". Now everyone else on your list again I agree, NaS got them. He did not get Big.

Not saying "Kick In The Door" is bad or anything because like I said Biggie was a worthy opponent and definitely one of Nas' biggest competition in his career, despite how short it lasted.

I agree with Biggie killing the other people he was talking about "Kick in the Door" and I hate choosing between the two because both are classics but .........lol maybe im in denial, I just dont want to say the words "biggie killed nas".

About the "fake thug" line, you really think Nas lied to Pac to his face about it not being about him?

The "1 King" line was the only thing about Biggie, I think NaS was frontin, the whole get out of the hospital and fake thug was clearly Pac references, I love NaS but till this day I don't think he's being 100% honest about those Pac subliminals. It seemed NaS was more or less throwing Rocks at Big's thrown:

"Take the crown of the so called King and lock it down"

That was the affirmative action remix. NaS knew Big had the crown.

Even though Nas said "the whole ? song really" in reference to it being about BIG and not Tupac.....you may actually have a point...DAMN

I guess I am still in denial because Im as big a fan of Nas as you are for Biggie and it would be painful to admit it LOL

I do stand by my words for the other disses Nas made in relation to other emcees though.

And I know its cliche to use the word "if" but it really does make me wonder what the rivalry between these two could have been like.....Nas most definitely would have addressed the whole "album biting" from BIG on Ready To Die after Kick In The Door came out had Biggie lived

• deathrowzorrow
    deathrowzorrow Members Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Man Biggie was fat and overrated
  • alphajjc
    edited March 2012
    Options
    Original verses included in Ether..........? you Colombia Records for making Nas tone down the whole song:

Verse 1:

So you call yourself ? mc... J-hova\
    ? the glass of blasphemy & forgot to pray over\
    your games over\ crossed the warpath of a brave soldier\
    you`re a makeover\ my protege trying to takeover\
    I was the sheperd that led you\ But you bit the hand that fed you\
    mad cause since I met you i never did respect you\ and as hard as it seems\ you know that I fathered your dreams\
    you was a groupie always begging to be part of my team\
    another case of a boy and his teacher\
    I was the first to poison your speakers\
    so ? all that noise that your preaching\
    I understand\ all your plans to underhand\
    aired threats of you pullin my card next summerjam\
    let me make this clear hova\ You had my left overs\
    she told me your little problem of the day when you slept over\
    but that`s another subject ? \ ***** you phony\
    I`m coming to collect the debt from the years that you owe me\
    so what you capitlized... only cause i allowed\
    I`m taking aim at your dome\ and reclaiming my throne\
    "Who said I that i aint still nasty"

Verse 2:

How you planned on facing\ the half man half-amazing\
    Don`t need a fam, Nas is a one man invasion\
    claim you hot but you flopped with your roc-familia\ cause real recognize real and you`re not familiar\
    call yourself gansta but you were begging for pardon\
    that night in carbon\ when terror squad flipped on your squadron\
    Tried to front on their checks\ till pun put a gun to your chest\
    YOu said it yourself dog, Nas is one of the best\
    Don`t need to search for some dirt to expose you\
    I leave it up to the flow dispose you\ when i oppose you\
    This is it I`m calling ya\ come out and play like "warriors"\
    studied my blueprint then pieced together your formula\
    Guess the knowledge I speak too deep to follow\
    that`s why your stomach to weak to swallow\ The real truth
    that Nas is\ the greates of all timers\
    f*ck skeletons, keep only weaponry in my closets

^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^
  • Nah Son
    Nah Son Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 9,367 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What does Nas say that is not true?

Explain the "in 88 you was callin my crib" line.

Jay was 19 that year and Nas was 15. Why the ? would he call his crib smh
  • alphajjc
    edited March 2012
    Options
    ca21 wrote: »

Another predictable line I expected people to say......Dont change the line, he said "in 88 you was getting chased out your building", the next line is about in the 90s when they were both getting popular and he was constantly trying to call Nas number through E money bags,,, and saying things like 'were in the studio there is an extra 16 bars for you if you want' to come by"(paraphrasing) and basically looking like a stalker.

I think because people see that the "calling my crib" line came after the getting chased out line they think its related.

Once again people are not using common sense why would Nas randomly make up a line like that and the people who say this don't even wonder why Jay Z never addressed his if all of it was apparently a lie

once again the lines are not related and he NEVER said he called his crib in 88
  • KeepinItHundred
    KeepinItHundred Members Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭
    Options

those 2 lines are separate. he was talking about how jay used to call him to do a songs with him(bring it on was supposed to have nas and az) despite nas never giving him his info. it's too bad, but bring it on still turned out amazing with jazz and sauce.
  • The_Man
    The_Man Members Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nas still a ? head
  • Melanin_Enriched
    Melanin_Enriched Members Posts: 22,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? damn ca came in here to make a fool of himself.
  • alphajjc
    edited March 2012
    Options
    Nas still a ? head

Then that is one talented ? head if thats the case
  • Agrv2385
    Agrv2385 Members Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    sooo who did he diss on i am...????
  • alphajjc
    Options
    Agrv2385 wrote: »

I dont think he dissed anyone
  • Nah Son
    Nah Son Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 9,367 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    How the ? are those lines separate when the second part starts out with the word "calling"?

Let me school you delusional Nas stans on the use of the past progressive:

"1. If an action happened while another action took place. The past simple is used for the short action and the past progressive for the long action.
    2. Two past actions happen at the same time."
  • alphajjc
    edited March 2012
    Options
    How the ? are those lines separate when the second part starts out with the word "calling"?

"1. If an action happened while another action took place. The past simple is used for the short action and the past progressive for the long action.

As said on Rap Genius..........(Nas has his own verified account so you could even request an answer)

Jay-Z referred to 1988 in “Takeover” to highlight that he was selling drugs while Prodigy was a ballerina; Nas is flipping this on Jay-Z and claiming that in 1988 Jay-Z was on the run, intimidated by his rivals. Later, when Jay was trying to come up in the rap game, he would call Nas at his house, although Nas barely knew him and viewed him as a second-rater.

In '88 you was getting chased through your building
    Calling my crib and I ain't even give you my numbers

^According to my sources, when one line is placed on top of another line, that means that there is MORE THAN ONE LINE. But I am still waiting for other similar viewpoints to confirm this theory that I have so im not sure yet........

Dude you lost just move on and don't make a fool of yourself anymore. Just be humble and admit your wrong

• KeepinItHundred
    KeepinItHundred Members Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭
    Options

they are separate. jay knew what nas was talking about.
  • Agrv2385
    Options

Thats why i am askin. t/s said nas dissed someone on every album since IWW
  • Melanin_Enriched
    Melanin_Enriched Members Posts: 22,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2012
    Options

cause it's a rap song you ? idiot, not a scholarly article you're reading. It's two different ? incidents he's referring to.
  • alphajjc
    Options

Thats why i am askin. t/s said nas dissed someone on every album since IWW

Yeah I made a mistake in Part 2 but in Part I i said every album besides "Illmatic" and "I AM"
  • Agrv2385
    Options
    oh my bad didnt see that. dont forget about Dont body yaself tho he did get at 50 and mobb deep in that one
  • alphajjc
    Options
    oh my bad didnt see that. dont forget about Dont body yaself tho he did get at 50 and mobb deep in that one

good point
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zcQ-xxGuoVk

• alphajjc
    Options
    Original verses included in Ether..........? you Colombia Records for making Nas tone down the whole song:

Verse 1:

So you call yourself ? mc... J-hova\
    ? the glass of blasphemy & forgot to pray over\
    your games over\ crossed the warpath of a brave soldier\
    you`re a makeover\ my protege trying to takeover\
    I was the sheperd that led you\ But you bit the hand that fed you\
    mad cause since I met you i never did respect you\ and as hard as it seems\ you know that I fathered your dreams\
    you was a groupie always begging to be part of my team\
    another case of a boy and his teacher\
    I was the first to poison your speakers\
    so ? all that noise that your preaching\
    I understand\ all your plans to underhand\
    aired threats of you pullin my card next summerjam\
    let me make this clear hova\ You had my left overs\
    she told me your little problem of the day when you slept over\
    but that`s another subject ? \ ***** you phony\
    I`m coming to collect the debt from the years that you owe me\
    so what you capitlized... only cause i allowed\
    I`m taking aim at your dome\ and reclaiming my throne\
    "Who said I that i aint still nasty"

Verse 2:

How you planned on facing\ the half man half-amazing\
    Don`t need a fam, Nas is a one man invasion\
    claim you hot but you flopped with your roc-familia\ cause real recognize real and you`re not familiar\
    call yourself gansta but you were begging for pardon\
    that night in carbon\ when terror squad flipped on your squadron\
    Tried to front on their checks\ till pun put a gun to your chest\
    YOu said it yourself dog, Nas is one of the best\
    Don`t need to search for some dirt to expose you\
    I leave it up to the flow dispose you\ when i oppose you\
    This is it I`m calling ya\ come out and play like "warriors"\
    studied my blueprint then pieced together your formula\
    Guess the knowledge I speak too deep to follow\
    that`s why your stomach to weak to swallow\ The real truth
    that Nas is\ the greates of all timers\
    f*ck skeletons, keep only weaponry in my closets

^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^

About this post on second thought I am not sure if it is legit or not, but at the same time I would not be surprised if it was
  • MC The Rapper
    MC The Rapper Members Posts: 8,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Now watch this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYMBaUS0LwY

You still have not really said what Nas has said that is untrue.

Even if what Nas said on "Stillmatic" really happened to Cormega in 1991, how does that matter in any way?

Do you hear anyone say that Prodigy having ballet pics does not "count" because he was younger? Or any other random rapper who is acting gangsta now, and was revealed to have snitched in the past, does not "count' because it was ages ago.

I know these two are cool now but It's funny how Cormega was acting like Nas was some bully who was "trying to stop guys from eating" when Mega himself is the one who kind of instigated the whole situation by being cocky and saying that Nas respects him way too much for him to say my name in a record(before Stillmatic came out).

I mean seriously what do you call that?

Well Nas tried to misrepresent facts to diss someone , He used events from 91 in a 2001 diss record as if they happened recently to discredit someone. He said someone snuffed Mega but Mega didn't get snuffed. He said he got him a deal he didn't. He tired to play 50 etc etc . Now this is ? I can't respect now if you wanna rock with dude thats on you but I can not.
  • sdotdub
    sdotdub Members Posts: 368
    Options
    He also ? on Camron on Zone Out from ? 's Son.

You got a house in Virginia, the only way you sicker than us
    Gettin bagged with 22's, now yous a rediculous ?
  • MC The Rapper
    MC The Rapper Members Posts: 8,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options