Nasty Nas---King Of Schooling Other Rappers

Comments

• alphajjc
    alphajjc Members Posts: 427 ✭✭✭
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_XRsDHm5gs&feature=related

just posting something for yall to think about

I am sure that Nas and Rakim have addressed this matter privately though....

MTV: Rakim, Nas paid you the ultimate compliment in 2004 by recording "U.B.R. (Unauthorized Biography of Rakim)" [on Street's Disciple]. What was it like when you heard that song breaking down your whole life?

"He kind of opened my eyes, like, 'OK, people's watching. People really know about Rakim.' It kind of let me know where I was in the world." — Rakim

Rakim: That kind of puts things in perspective. You got this far and somebody that you respect, somebody that's on a high plateau, took time and showed you love. And to hear a lot of it, I was like, "Where did he get that from? How did he know that?" He does put things in perspective, man. He kind of opened my eyes, like, "OK, people's watching. People really know about Rakim." It kind of let me know where I was in the world.

Nas: Thanks, man. I always wanted to know how you felt about that, 'cause if somebody made a song talking about me and stuff like that, I wouldn't know how to react. I just had to make a song about Ra 'cause if we in there making songs in the studio, let's make songs about things that are important. The dude is important right now, so I made a song about how he inspired [people] a great deal. I used to look at Ra like, "This dude's an alien. He's an alien. He's not from here." That's how I feel to this day.

MTV: How much research did you do for that record?

Nas: It took me a day. I went online. I was up on Rakim forever, though — you ain't up on Rakim, then you don't belong in rap. I was always up on Ra and I met him as a kid. I was a young teen getting into the game and I met Ra. He came in the studio by himself, put the [medallion] on the table. With the cables, two beepers — it was crazy. I [hadn't] never seen a cell phone, really. I seen them on the TV, "Magnum P.I." and "Miami Vice." But I never seen the big, crazy joint — the joint you beat somebody over the head with. The dude was cool then, same as he is now. This brother has always been a cool brother.

MTV: Nas, five years ago we were doing an interview, and we were talking about some of the greats: Slick Rick, Rakim, KRS-One. When did you start feeling comfortable being mentioned in the same breath as some of those people you came up watching?

Nas: You know what it's like? You can only fight it for so long. Then, when your influence is so great on so many artists, you gotta accept it. Nah mean? ? don't give you a gift. For you, you can't turn your lights down on your shine. You can't dim your lights for nobody. It just took its natural course.

MTV: With the climate of rap changing now, how does that affect you when putting out new material? The focus is not on lyrics, as it was back in the day.

Rakim: I'll answer that right quick, Nas. That's why it's up to brothers like me and him to keep it going. 'Cause if we turn around and fall victim to what's going on, then it's a wrap. Nas is doing an album, I'm doing an album. We can make a big statement right here. When this man drops an album, they already looking for it. Nas — you know he's gonna say something, and the same thing for Rakim. So if we stay focused and do what we do, I think everybody wants that real hip-hop back.
  • BackInWhite
    BackInWhite Members Posts: 23,591 ✭✭✭✭✭
    you ? stupid ? !
    ? !
    i ain't seen this much dickriding since skyy black, cherokee d'ass, and beauty dior did a scene together
    sheesh!
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • alphajjc
    you ? stupid ? !
    ? !
    i ain't seen this much dickriding since skyy black, cherokee d'ass, and beauty dior did a scene together
    sheesh!

Its 2012.......people are still calling something dickriding if people are showing support for an artist?

No Im pretty straight, I dont have any ? thoughts about Nas

If you dont like a discussion then what is the point of popping up in here again? Sorry that I'm not saying "? Nas"

Seriously get out of here with the high school BS, calling any and every type of support "dickriding"
  • BackInWhite
    BackInWhite Members Posts: 23,591 ✭✭✭✭✭
    alphajjc wrote: »
    you ? stupid ? !
    ? !
    sheesh!

Its 2012.......people are still calling something dickriding if people are showing support for an artist?

No Im pretty straight, I dont have any ? thoughts about Nas

If you dont like a discussion then what is the point of popping up in here again? Sorry that I'm not saying "? Nas"

Seriously get out of here with the high school BS, calling any and every type of support "dickriding"

support is cool but a couple of you ? is blatantly ? gobbling in here
  • alphajjc
    As said by sdotdub

Nas addresses Camron:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PA73Es3uZck

The "House In Virginia" line about Camron was in reference to the ? rumors about him. It looks like he also did something similar in "Money Over ? " (MOB) with Jim Jones by reference his blood set.
  • MC The Rapper
    MC The Rapper Members Posts: 8,140 ✭✭✭✭✭

MTV: Rakim, Nas paid you the ultimate compliment in 2004 by recording "U.B.R. (Unauthorized Biography of Rakim)" [on Street's Disciple]. What was it like when you heard that song breaking down your whole life?

"He kind of opened my eyes, like, 'OK, people's watching. People really know about Rakim.' It kind of let me know where I was in the world." — Rakim

Rakim: That kind of puts things in perspective. You got this far and somebody that you respect, somebody that's on a high plateau, took time and showed you love. And to hear a lot of it, I was like, "Where did he get that from? How did he know that?" He does put things in perspective, man. He kind of opened my eyes, like, "OK, people's watching. People really know about Rakim." It kind of let me know where I was in the world.

Nas: Thanks, man. I always wanted to know how you felt about that, 'cause if somebody made a song talking about me and stuff like that, I wouldn't know how to react. I just had to make a song about Ra 'cause if we in there making songs in the studio, let's make songs about things that are important. The dude is important right now, so I made a song about how he inspired [people] a great deal. I used to look at Ra like, "This dude's an alien. He's an alien. He's not from here." That's how I feel to this day.

Nas: It took me a day. I went online. I was up on Rakim forever, though — you ain't up on Rakim, then you don't belong in rap. I was always up on Ra and I met him as a kid. I was a young teen getting into the game and I met Ra. He came in the studio by himself, put the [medallion] on the table. With the cables, two beepers — it was crazy. I [hadn't] never seen a cell phone, really. I seen them on the TV, "Magnum P.I." and "Miami Vice." But I never seen the big, crazy joint — the joint you beat somebody over the head with. The dude was cool then, same as he is now. This brother has always been a cool brother.

MTV: Nas, five years ago we were doing an interview, and we were talking about some of the greats: Slick Rick, Rakim, KRS-One. When did you start feeling comfortable being mentioned in the same breath as some of those people you came up watching?

Nas: You know what it's like? You can only fight it for so long. Then, when your influence is so great on so many artists, you gotta accept it. Nah mean? ? don't give you a gift. For you, you can't turn your lights down on your shine. You can't dim your lights for nobody. It just took its natural course.

MTV: With the climate of rap changing now, how does that affect you when putting out new material? The focus is not on lyrics, as it was back in the day.

Rakim: I'll answer that right quick, Nas. That's why it's up to brothers like me and him to keep it going. 'Cause if we turn around and fall victim to what's going on, then it's a wrap. Nas is doing an album, I'm doing an album. We can make a big statement right here. When this man drops an album, they already looking for it. Nas — you know he's gonna say something, and the same thing for Rakim. So if we stay focused and do what we do, I think everybody wants that real hip-hop back.

whats ether about that , if you look at the interview Nas never talked to rakim about the song until way after it was released , even if it is an unauthorized biography atleast tell dude you gon do the song before you do it before putting his biz in the streets but this is the person yall look up too
  • alphajjc

whats ether about that , if you look at the interview Nas never talked to rakim about the song until way after it was released , even if it is an unauthorized biography atleast tell dude you gon do the song before you do it before putting his biz in the streets but this is the person yall look up too

Well obviously I cannot put ether for my own post. I wasn't disagreeing with you or anything I said that I think they both talked about it I was just posting the full article that I came across recently. Trust me man as big a fan I am of Nas, I did not agree with him doing this at all.
  • will blax
    will blax Members Posts: 539 ✭✭
    Nas has had a great career in my opinion

http://youtu.be/-tV7pFQPldo
  • spc4mack
    spc4mack Members Posts: 202 ✭✭
    edited April 2012
    Nas had a lot unreleased disses on a bunch of DJ Clue mixtape. Here is one where he gets at Tupac. As an added bonus you got Nature getting at Mega. This is what started their beef.
    youtube.com/watch?v=zSktw_pVLZk

If somebody could embedd this for me. I forget how to do it
  • alphajjc
    edited April 2012
    spc4mack wrote: »
    Nas had a lot unreleased disses on a bunch of DJ Clue mixtape. Here is one where he gets at Tupac. As an added bonus you got Nature getting at Mega. This is what started their beef.
    youtube.com/watch?v=zSktw_pVLZk

If somebody could embedd this for me. I forget how to do it
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zSktw_pVLZk"]youtube.com/watch?v=zSktw_pVLZk

• angrymaninc
    angrymaninc Members Posts: 657 ✭✭✭
    Agrv2385 wrote: »
    sooo who did he diss on i am...????

I dont think he dissed anyone

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kxxvc4Tk_ug

I'm pretty sure he was getting at jay on this song...

Also this song was made about Cormega:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VoMhU91MdzQ
  • T. Sanford
    T. Sanford Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 25,291 ✭✭✭✭✭
    smh @ Nas being the King Of Losing
  • alphajjc

Good point. I forgot in "We Will Survive" how he was praising Biggie and was criticizing another big NY rapper who was acting like he was as good as BIG

So it looks like Nas really has dissed a rapper on every solo album except for his debut album
  • angrymaninc
    angrymaninc Members Posts: 657 ✭✭✭

Good point. I forgot in "We Will Survive" how he was praising Biggie and was criticizing another big NY rapper who was acting like he was as good as BIG

So it looks like Nas really has dissed a rapper on every solo album except for his debut album

lol pretty much
  • alphajjc
    edited April 2012

lol pretty much

And unless Nas brings up an old beef in the future, it looks like "Life Is Good" may be the first time in 18 years that he does not diss another rapper on his solo.

None of us cannot be completely sure because were not Nas, but I dont see who he would diss on Life Is Good............besides the IRS and Kelis
  • illedout
    illedout Members Posts: 8,194 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another thing to add to this thread, I just came across this info from another website that came out years ago. As we all know from his dozens of unreleased songs, Nas is one of those rappers that constantly is editing certain tracks that he makes. Apparently Ether was suppose to have another line in it but it was stopped........

AHH: One thing that just came up today, Nas apparently has a response to Jay Z’s "The Takeover" on his upcoming album, which implicates you and Pun and includes the lyrics: "Call yourself gangsta but you were begging for pardon that night in Carbon when Terror Squad flipped on your squadron tried to front on their checks till Pun put a gun to your chest."

Fat Joe: We gotta hear it but damn, what a way to put me right in the middle of the beef huh? We don’t comment on that, that's old news. Like I said all the negative energy all that sh*t you can throw that out the window.
    Nas is crazy. No question that we are allies with Nas Escobar. We love Nas. I almost named my son after Nas. As far as him and Jay Z with the beef: that’s they stuff. Until somebody tries to involve me in that sh*t, that’s it. I ain’t got no problem with the whole Rocafella. It’s well documented. Everybody keeps trying to get me to talk about that sh*t in every interview. Why don’t they ask Jay Z that stuff? I read his interveiws, nobody asks him. If you interview him, ask him.

Damn that Nas line go hard..
    And Joey ? always talking ? ...
    He a funny niqqa...
  • illedout
    ca21 wrote: »
    How the ? are those lines separate when the second part starts out with the word "calling"?

Let me school you delusional Nas stans on the use of the past progressive:

"1. If an action happened while another action took place. The past simple is used for the short action and the past progressive for the long action.
    2. Two past actions happen at the same time."

U reaching homie..

• alphajjc
    I still cannot believe that Colombia prevented those "alleged" original Nas lyrics to "Ether" from coming out
  • illedout
    I still cannot believe that Colombia prevented those "alleged" original Nas lyrics to "Ether" from coming out

I like how ether came out..
    ? was on point..

but the line where Nas say pun put a gun to ya chest
    shouldve been on there...

• alphajjc
    edited April 2012
    illedout wrote: »

? was on point..

Now that I think about it, the Ether that came out on Stillmatic was fine, he just needed to fix it up SLIGHTLY by adding the Big Pun line.

Flashback interview:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uZljllp-_BI

LMAO at Nas "I felt his pain" "Pitiful"
  • H-Rap 180
    H-Rap 180 Members Posts: 15,452 ✭✭✭✭✭

? was on point..

Now that I think about it, the Ether that came out on Stillmatic was fine, he just needed to fix it up SLIGHTLY by adding the Big Pun line.

Flashback interview:

Dopest thread I seen on here in a minute.

Columbia is notorious for their censorship, they censored the word "Jews" on "Carru on Tradition" and they censored the name "Farrakhan" on the track listing for "Untittled".

• alphajjc
    H-Rap 180 wrote: »

? was on point..

Flashback interview:

Dopest thread I seen on here in a minute.

Columbia is notorious for their censorship, they censored the word "Jews" on "Carru on Tradition" and they censored the name "Farrakhan" on the track listing for "Untittled".

I cannot stand censorship in music that is already explicit and already has the "Parental Advisory" sticker on it. I mean it just defeats the purpose.

It makes no sense.

• vageneral08
    vageneral08 Members Posts: 19,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So ? aint gonna bring up when he made memphis bleek a victim?
  • alphajjc
    So ? aint gonna bring up when he made memphis bleek a victim?

Lol so why didn't you do it for us?