ATL HAWKS offer max money to joe johnson

Options

Comments

• Datdude87
    Datdude87 Members Posts: 3,627 ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    john2009 wrote: »
    http://blogs.ajc.com/hawks/2010/06/30/atlanta-hawks-all-in-with-max-offer-for-joe-johnson/

heres da deal: hawks can offer him 6 yrs 119 million
    other teams can offer 5 yrs 92 million

smh...sounds like gilbert arenas/rashard lewis all over again. except gil was ballin b4 he signed that contract and fukd his knee up. rashard was...ok...avgin' 20+ pts or whatever....but he was never a max guy at all. a nice 2nd option...a better 3rd option
  • Focal Point
    Focal Point Members Posts: 16,307 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Damn... JJ wins...
  • sTaY_TrUe
    sTaY_TrUe Members Posts: 4,189 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    We'll see if he about winning or money. I'm gonna say money
  • Dick Shitman
    Dick Shitman Members Posts: 9,032 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    sTaY_TrUe wrote: »
    We'll see if he about winning or money. I'm gonna say money

we already know that answer. he went from a suns team that won 62 games to a hawks team fresh off a 13 win season. he about the money. i aint mad at him
  • Mdizzle9000
    Mdizzle9000 Members, Writer Posts: 8,319 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Just let crawford ass start, let jj walk and use the money to get stronger at other postions and the bench. Why pay dude to choke? Is the gm into some ? ? ? Smh no atl@atl
  • DubbGotti614
    DubbGotti614 Members Posts: 308 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    get rid of josh smith and try to bring in a better PG or Chris Bosh
  • cleanraesable
    cleanraesable Members Posts: 210
    edited July 2010
    Options
    On this business you have to take the money and run. Take the biggest deal you can. The problem with Atlanta is that they suck and can't even fill up the arena for home games.
  • babyface killa
    babyface killa Members Posts: 134 ✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Just let crawford ass start, let jj walk and use the money to get stronger at other postions and the bench. Why pay dude to choke? Is the gm into some ? ? ? Smh no atl@atl

^^^^^right here
  • savage life
    savage life Members Posts: 112
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Chris Bosh, Ray Allen. more production, more experience, more leadership, less money
  • one_manshow
    one_manshow Members Posts: 4,591 ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Joe Johnson is one of the most overrated players in the NBA....he doesn't deserve no max contract ? the Hawks management is sniffing coke they can sign two good players with that money.
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    get rid of josh smith and try to bring in a better PG or Chris Bosh

get rid of their best player and bring in Bosh who still dosent give them a legitimate 5 smh
  • spaceagepimpin
    spaceagepimpin Members Posts: 436
    edited July 2010
    Options
    fucc Joe....we gettin Dirk
  • Mdizzle9000
    Mdizzle9000 Members, Writer Posts: 8,319 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Lol@john2009 making a thread about atlanta doing something john2009 would do if he was their GM
  • John_Blazini
    John_Blazini Members Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Damn ? is wrong with these ? ??? That ? is far from a Max contract player hahahah ATL lost.
  • D.D.S.
    D.D.S. Members Posts: 7,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Max-b wrote: »
    after what happened in last years playoffs i wouldnt give him max money

co-sign
    and let's not 4 get the comments he made about atlanta.
    he basically siad he could care less about the fans
  • ricanprince
    ricanprince Members Posts: 1,869 ✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    he is a very good player, but def. not a max player
  • Tommy Billfiger
    Tommy Billfiger Banned Users Posts: 3,809 ✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Yahoo Sports reports: Free agent Joe Johnson received a six-year, $119 million "maximum" contract offer from the Atlanta Hawks early Thursday morning, and sources close to the All-Star guard expect him to accept it and remain with his current team.

Thank you ?
  • MillzOG
    MillzOG Members, Moderators Posts: 14,508 Regulator
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Yahoo Sports reports: Free agent Joe Johnson received a six-year, $119 million "maximum" contract offer from the Atlanta Hawks early Thursday morning, and sources close to the All-Star guard expect him to accept it and remain with his current team.

Thank you ?

damn, IDK whether to be happy about this or not because the Knicks aren't "front runners" to sign Lebron at this point.
  • Tommy Billfiger
    edited July 2010
    Options
    damn, IDK whether to be happy about this or not because the Knicks aren't "front runners" to sign Lebron at this point.

I aint want no parts of this ? on my team.

He shot 38% in the playoffs and 40% he puts up kobe percentages without the points.Homie gonna be 35 years old gettin 20 million a year this is a bad investment
  • MillzOG
    edited July 2010
    Options
    I aint want no parts of this ? on my team.

He shot 38% in the playoffs and 40% he puts up kobe percentages without the points.Homie gonna be 35 years old gettin 20 million a year this is a bad investment

yea i dont want him on my team either, for those exact reasons....but at this point, its looking like Joe Johnson or Rudy ? as the perimeter scorer for my team next year smh

Unless we could somehow pull off a Melo deal.
  • allied
    allied Members Posts: 2,887 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    yea i dont want him on my team either, for those exact reasons....but at this point, its looking like Joe Johnson or Rudy ? as the perimeter scorer for my team next year smh

Would definitely take Rudy ? over JJ just based off age.
  • Tommy Billfiger
    edited July 2010
    Options

Yea but rudy ? straight tho.I know it aint the premier Acquisition but I'd take that ? over Joe johnson anyday.He puts up jj numbers is a better rebounder and can play Defense and he 6 years younger

I still think the knicks might get gilbert arenas if this Fa class ends up being a dud
  • sTaY_TrUe
    sTaY_TrUe Members Posts: 4,189 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    ATL desperate smh, they still won't get far with this core. When will they learn....
  • MillzOG
    edited July 2010
    Options
    allied wrote: »
    Would definitely take Rudy ? over JJ just based off age.
    Yea but rudy ? straight tho.I know it aint the premier Acquisition but I'd take that ? over Joe johnson anyday.He puts up jj numbers is a better rebounder and can play Defense and he 6 years younger

I still think the knicks might get gilbert arenas if this Fa class ends up being a dud

I'd take Rudy ? over JJ no doubt, BUT I wouldnt want him gettin a Max contract, and that might be what it will take to make sure that Memphis doesnt match whatever offer sheet they get.

The Gilbert arenas scenario is the worst possible scenario imo, that ? been injured ever since he signed his max deal and hes not a real point guard which is what D'Antoni would need in order to run his system in NY.
  • MillzOG
    edited July 2010
    Options
    sTaY_TrUe wrote: »
    ATL desperate smh, they still won't get far with this core. When will they learn....

all ATL needs is a big man, like a 7 footer that can block shots and rebound...so that Horford isnt tryna guard Dwight Howard/Andrew Bogut/Brook Lopez and those kind of players, Horford is a PF not a Center and for some reason Hawks management and coaching staff STILL haven't noticed this.