The Avengers or Dark Knight Rises

I Am Him
I Am Him Members Posts: 261 ✭✭✭
edited April 2012 in Quite Comical
I know everybody is going to see both, but just for fun, which one are you looking forward to the most. I say Avengers because this is something that has never been done before and it will be interesting to see how it all comes together.

Comments

• Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think seeing all the avengers together will be bad ass. But i KNOW dark knight is gonna be the better movie. Iron Man and hulk are the only avenger movies that i liked that were solo. Thor and Cap movies sucked imo, but im sure they were just introductory movies. So im def anticipating batman more than avengers. Avengers already looks like its gonna have starks cheesy comments and michael bay style effects all throughout the ? .
  • I Am Him
    I'm more excited about seeing Anne Hathaway as Catwoman than anything else in Dark Knight
  • Lou Cypher
    I want to see that in tight leather as well. Im looking forward to Tom Hardy Breaking bats back too tho. and the story of him going to prison for harveys crimes.

Curious as to how well this Mark Ruffalo fella will do as hulk, really wish norton was able to sign on.
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    dark knight rises
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    im a dc guy so Dark knight

and although as a kid u want to see a movie with alot of superheros i think in a way it kind of messes it up being that the heros need to share air time
  • rage
    rage Members Posts: 5,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am not going to front that latest trailer of the Avengers had me hyped...

http://youtu.be/NPoHPNeU9fc

But I KNOW the opening sequence of Dark Knight alone will ? on anything the Avengers throws at it.
  • A.J. Trillzynski
    A.J. Trillzynski Members Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dark Knight Rises by far
  • PanchoYoSancho
    PanchoYoSancho Members Posts: 13,177 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2012
    The probability of Dark Knight Rises being a ? movie are far less than the probability of The Avengers being a ? movie.

I think everyone who's seen the first two Batman films under Nolan as well as his other work would be beyond shocked if the movie wasnt great. The next Chris Nolan flick to be disappointing will be the first one.

Cant say the same about Avengers.
  • A.J. Trillzynski
    A.J. Trillzynski Members Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2012
    i watched Inception again recently and it greatly increased my excitement for Dark Knight Rises, its just a great ? movie..

i watched Captain America again recently and was like ehhhh.... i know it's not the same Director, but that movie pretty much sucked. so did Iron Man 2, Thor was good but overall i'm about 50/50 on the Marvel movies.
  • CitySojourner
    CitySojourner Members Posts: 689 ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2012
    Spider-man 3, Super-man 3, TMNT 3, Back to the Future 3, X-men 3, Blade Trinity, Austin Powers 3, Godfather 3. Dark Knight Rises...

Avengers pretty much showed all the action in the trailers. Plus alot of it took place in the same location which usually isn't a good sign. But they are having early showings of the film which means they're proud of it. Between the two films I think Avengers gets the edge.

I think the new Spider-man will surprise alot of people and be better than both movies.
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    CeLLaR-DooR Members Posts: 18,880 ✭✭✭✭✭

DKR will be a great film...Artistically and storywise...the Avengers will have some DOPE action...will probably be a little too funny...

the new Spidey will be the perfect mixture of both

I'm more excited about DKR
  • BK Product
    BK Product Members Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • yeah i rap so don't
    yeah i rap so don't Members Posts: 3,874 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Equally excited for both, Batman is the goat, but come on, multiple heroes in one.
  • Lou Cypher
    reaperbong wrote: »
    i watched Inception again recently and it greatly increased my excitement for Dark Knight Rises, its just a great ? movie..

i watched Captain America again recently and was like ehhhh.... i know it's not the same Director, but that movie pretty much sucked. so did Iron Man 2, Thor was good but overall i'm about 50/50 on the Marvel movies.

Haha im almost the opposite. I thought Iron Man 2 was the better of the iron man movies. i thought they should have handled Tony's alcoholism differently, maybe make it more depressing then kind of making it almost jokey. But it was cool seein mickey rourke in there fighting. Last battle should have been more epic tho... Captain america i thought was way better than Thor. Thor felt like it had an action spot in the beginning. nothing till the last 10 minutes of the movie. I understand these movies are sort of an introduction to some people but atleast make them fight lol. Nolan is an excellent director. and im glad they atleast have him for "Guidance" on man of steel.
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Equally excited for both, Batman is the goat, but come on, multiple heroes in one.

this is what im saying, this could either make the movie or break it
  • willhustle
    willhustle Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 6,550 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm going with Dark Knight Rises since it's the final chapter in Nolan's Batman trilogy. I'm sure The Avengers will be very good but I think Nolan is going to hit another home run like he did with the first 2 movies.
  • I Am Him
    I liked both Batman movies but I think TDK focused on the Joker a bit too much. I think it was more the joker's movie than batman's. They did better with the action in TDK(less close-ups so I could actually see Batman fighting) but it was a bit slower Batman Begins. All in all, in the words of Mr. Scott, Can't Wait.
  • I Am Him
    Spider-man 3, Super-man 3, TMNT 3, Back to the Future 3, X-men 3, Blade Trinity, Austin Powers 3, Godfather 3. Dark Knight Rises...

Avengers pretty much showed all the action in the trailers. Plus alot of it took place in the same location which usually isn't a good sign. But they are having early showings of the film which means they're proud of it. Between the two films I think Avengers gets the edge.

I think the new Spider-man will surprise alot of people and be better than both movies.

Only if it is not another origin story. unless it is totally different from the other one. i'm waiting for the miles version of spider-man.
  • eyes low
    eyes low Members Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The scene after the credits for the avengers > dark knight rises
  • infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    The Dark Knight Rises
  • Lou Cypher
    eyes low wrote: »
    The scene after the credits for the avengers > dark knight rises

Spoiler wrap that ? .
  • eyes low