The Avengers or Dark Knight Rises

Comments

• eyes low
    eyes low Members Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lou Cypher wrote: »
    Is the man of steel movie a sequel to superman returns? or is it a complete reboot?

its a complete reboot
  • yeah i rap so don't
    yeah i rap so don't Members Posts: 3,874 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yall think they will do a Justice League movie? i mean they got Green Lan out already, they said originally it was planned for a trilogy. Said that they got a script for flash. Batman and Superman already made. alls they need is Cyborg Wonder Woman and Aquaman. but i think thats too many movies for some not as popular characters for DC to do. and i highly doubt christian bales diva ass would do a JL movie.

Man you late as ? . NO! That is why they made the Green Lantern movie, because the Justice League got scrapped, and yes Bale turned it down and so did the guy who was Superman. The rumors were Nolan did not like how they portrayed Batman. Batman was going to ? Superman in the movie and be exiled from the Justice League.
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yall think they will do a Justice League movie? i mean they got Green Lan out already, they said originally it was planned for a trilogy. Said that they got a script for flash. Batman and Superman already made. alls they need is Cyborg Wonder Woman and Aquaman. but i think thats too many movies for some not as popular characters for DC to do. and i highly doubt christian bales diva ass would do a JL movie.

Man you late as ? . NO! That is why they made the Green Lantern movie, because the Justice League got scrapped, and yes Bale turned it down and so did the guy who was Superman. The rumors were Nolan did not like how they portrayed Batman. Batman was going to ? Superman in the movie and be exiled from the Justice League.

Dumb, did that ever happen in the comics?
  • eyes low
    eyes low Members Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭✭✭
    They are suppose to do a lobo movie but its probably gonnna be ass I forgot who was directing it but I know he only made like 2 or 3 movies and they were all kids movies
  • yeah i rap so don't
    yeah i rap so don't Members Posts: 3,874 ✭✭✭✭✭

Dumb, did that ever happen in the comics?

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/superjoker/news/?a=8190

I like when movies create arch's outside of the comics, when executed right. After Batman's secret files were discovered and put to use by Ra's AL Ghoul to defeat the Justice League, they had a vote if they would kick him out or not and Batman left before he was told the result.
    eyes low wrote: »
    They are suppose to do a lobo movie but its probably gonnna be ass I forgot who was directing it but I know he only made like 2 or 3 movies and they were all kids movies

Lobo is not a big enough villain to have his own movie without him first appearing in a Superman movie and General Zod is the villain in Man Of Steel, so that is ? -poor decision making in terms of trying to brand a character.
  • I Am Him
    I Am Him Members Posts: 261 ✭✭✭
    You would think having a big movie company like WB behind you, they would be able to put out more decent movies with different characters. Can I get my Wonder Woman movie with Cathrine Zeta Jones please.
  • nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I Am Him wrote: »
    You would think having a big movie company like WB behind you, they would be able to put out more decent movies with different characters. Can I get my Wonder Woman movie with Cathrine Zeta Jones please.

if she was young...she kinda old as ? ...
  • I Am Him
    This is true, but it could be the Hippolyta version, where something happens to Diana and her moms has to step in to find and rescue her.
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    CeLLaR-DooR Members Posts: 18,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Saw the Avengers today...DKR has a lot to do if its to be the best comic book film of the year...
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator

this ? woul have been dope
  • CitySojourner
    CitySojourner Members Posts: 689 ✭✭✭✭
    Saw the Avengers today...DKR has a lot to do if its to be the best comic book film of the year...

Initially I thought Avengers would be better than Dark Knight Rises, but after seeing Avengers today I think DKR will easily be better than Avengers.
  • Loo.Loo
    Loo.Loo Members Posts: 682 ✭✭✭✭
    lol who actually believes Avengers will be better than DKR. C'mon son.

I'm gonna see both. But aside from some cool action scenes, my expetations for Avengers isn't that high.

For DKR, I expect nothing but black excellence.
  • CitySojourner
    Loo.Loo wrote: »
    lol who actually believes Avengers will be better than DKR. C'mon son.

I'm gonna see both. But aside from some cool action scenes, my expetations for Avengers isn't that high.

For DKR, I expect nothing but black excellence.

I see where you're coming from, but historically the third sequel of a film usually turns out bad.

• I Am Him
    I'm just excited to see a universe come together on screen. This is not only comic book movie history, this is movie history period. It's a game changer, I just wish DC would have the ? to do this with their universe.
  • CitySojourner
    I Am Him wrote: »
    I'm just excited to see a universe come together on screen. This is not only comic book movie history, this is movie history period. It's a game changer, I just wish DC would have the ? to do this with their universe.

I bet they will once they see the Box office gross for Avengers.

• bless the child
    bless the child Members Posts: 5,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Dark Knight Rises, I cant bet money the Avengers will be wack like Thor was.
  • rage
    rage Members Posts: 5,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2012
    The Dark Knight Rises, I cant bet money the Avengers will be wack like Thor was.

You will lose that bet...

Avengers is DOPE...I didnt have high hopes for this movie and I know DKR will blow it away quality wise. But this was a good at times great movie, they really do stich together all the movie universes in this one movie. The action scenes are visually stunning and leaps and bounds ahead of anything else we've seen.....yet. All of the actors do a very good job of taking the film and the characters seriously, with a particularly good performance from Tom Hiddleston.

Avengers is a real live comic book...and its fantastic at accomplishing that, DKR is going to be a comic book brought to real life and will probably be the better film.
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    rage wrote: »

You will lose that bet...

Avengers is DOPE...I didnt have high hopes for this movie and I know DKR will blow it away quality wise. But this was a good at times great movie, they really do stich together all the movie universes in this one movie. The action scenes are visually stunning and leaps and bounds ahead of anything else we've seen.....yet. All of the actors do a very good job of taking the film and the characters seriously, with a particularly good performance from Tom Hiddleston.

Avengers is a real live comic book...and its fantastic at accomplishing that, DKR is going to be a comic book brought to real life and will probably be the better film.

Couldn't have said it better myself...They give all four Avengers good amounts of play...They know that the audience wants to see action...That's what they give ya...

DKR will be a better film...But the Avengers is a quality, quality comicbook movie
  • I Am Him
    Marvel's The Avengers has already reached $185.1 million at the international box office before opening in North America on May 4th.
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dark Knight it has a history..
  • vageneral08
    vageneral08 Members Posts: 19,535 ✭✭✭✭✭

why do ? keep thinking this silly ? ? Captain America must've been a good movie then lol
  • I Am Him
    It also has to worry about that third movie curse, although i don't care what anybody says, i like X3. It had more action than the first two x movies combined.
  • Melanin_Enriched
    Melanin_Enriched Members Posts: 22,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    How are some of y'all already seeing the movie?
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Batman is unfuckable with
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    How are some of y'all already seeing the movie?

Came out in England on the 26th of April