iPod/iTunes help

IceBergTaylor
IceBergTaylor Members Posts: 19,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited April 2012 in IllTek
I have a 160gb iPod thats barely a year old, ? been working fine. Earlier today I was putting some music onto my iTunes when I got a software update for iTunes, 10.6.1. I downloaded the update and installed it and what not. I connected my iPod and noticed that it wasnt synching and iTunes froze. I put my computer on hibernate just to disconnect my iPod. I disconnected it and suddenly all my music vanished. I connect my iPod back and again, it won't synch & iTunes freezes. I uninstalled iTunes and reinstalled it, same problems was happening. I tried uninstalling the updated iTunes and installed the last version to see if that would work. Still nothing resolved.

I ended up restoring my iPod somehow so that it connects to iTunes. I thought I figured it out, it was synching with iTunes and I started the process of putting all 7000 songs back, but during the synch it freezes at some point. I categorize my music by artists, alphabetically. The synch freezes exactly once I get to the letter D. So I have about 1100 songs. I'm going to apple tomorrow to see if they know wtf is goin on. Anybody have suggestions tho? This ? ? me the ? off.