Spiderman Q's

Options
Lou Cypher
Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited April 2012 in Quite Comical
alright, so in the upcoming spiderman movie i see its a bit different. No Mary Jane, instead some ? doctor lookin chick. and i hear that spider man uses devices to shoot webs out.

Now i watched the cartoon a lot back when i was little, and i could be wrong but didnt spiderman not use devices to shoot webs? was it like sam raimi's spiderman that had the webbing come straight from his wrist? i heard they are changing a lot of stuff with the new spidey movie.

Comments

• DrMindbender122
    DrMindbender122 Members Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That chic is Gwen Stacy. She was one of Peter's 1st loves. Her death indirectly @ the hands of the original Green Goblin in turn indirectly lead to his own death. One of the better old school Amazing Spiderman arcs.

I dunno why they have her and The Lizard in the new movie.

Spidey always had the web shooters, right until he find the Venom symbiote suit. Hence why that ? always carried web cartridges with him.

I dunno about nowadays; I haven't really been keeping up with Spidey lately.
  • Lou Cypher
    Options
    Ah i see. They got a new Spiderman series. "The Avenging Spiderman" ill have to check that out. on issue 4 now i beleive.
  • Maximus Rex
    Maximus Rex Members Posts: 6,354 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That chic is Gwen Stacy. She was one of Peter's 1st loves. Her death indirectly @ the hands of the original Green Goblin in turn indirectly lead to his own death. One of the better old school Amazing Spiderman arcs.

I dunno why they have her and The Lizard in the new movie.

Spidey always had the web shooters, right until he find the Venom symbiote suit. Hence why that ? always carried web cartridges with him.

I dunno about nowadays; I haven't really been keeping up with Spidey lately.

Because the Peter/MJ paradigm has been done. The reason why The Lizard is the villian instead of the Green Goblin is the character has protagonist in two films; in addition since the first Spidey movie, they've hinted that The Lizard would be the villian since Doc Connors had cameos in the previous movies.

When Gwenie there's the Shakespearean tradegy element in the movie. Pete and Dr. Connors are hella cool, so it's going to add dramatic tension to the storyline when The Lizard pushes Gwenie gets pushed off of the Williamsburg Bridge. I do wish they would get the bridge right though.
  • DrMindbender122
    Options
    Yeah. I heard that when Tobey Maguire was still playing Spiderman and SM 4 was in the works, The Lizard was gonna be the main villain.

I do remember Doc Connors in the 1st two SM movies.

Too bad they decided to do an entire reboot of the franchise; I grew to like Tobey playing Peter Parker. And it's kinda too soon to be doing a total reboot, but oh well.

Guess The Lizard is essentially replacing The Goblin in the "Gwen Stacy" arc for this movie.

I might get back into reading Spiderman. I hear that "Ends of the World" storyline going on now or is about to kick off in the comics is supposed to be pretty deep.
  • Lou Cypher
    Options
    Intriguing. Dr. Connor is he "The Lizard" when he was normal?
  • DrMindbender122
    Options
    He was one of Peter's college professors. He lost one of his arms, started doing some experiments to regenerate limbs, ? up and mutated himself into The Lizard, if memory serves me right.

While in his lizard form, Connors missing arm regenerates.
  • Lou Cypher
    Options
    Ah cool. im looking forward to the new spidey movie. I always hated tobey mcguire so when he was spiderman i just wasnt too into that movie, i got excited as hell for Venom in the 3rd and just like 99% of the other people i was ? how it turned out. i didnt think it would be possible to ? up a spiderman movie with venom in it but raimi found out how. Movie especially made me hate Tobey Mcguire lol.
  • MorganFreemanKing
    MorganFreemanKing Members Posts: 4,282 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lou Cypher wrote: »
    Ah i see. They got a new Spiderman series. "The Avenging Spiderman" ill have to check that out. on issue 4 now i beleive.

up to issue five right now. #4 is with Hawkeye and it's trash. #5 is with cap and is slightly better but the firsgt three issues are still the best thus far
  • DrMindbender122
    Options
    ASM_313_WP.jpg

This is back around when I used to read Spiderman religiously. Todd McFarlane is/was probably THE best Spidey artist. He made most of his villains look extra terrifying.
  • Lou Cypher
    Options
    Whoa! i had no idea mcfarlane did those! thats the spawn creator yeah?
  • DrMindbender122
    Options
  • jaxn
    jaxn Members Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    they're probably going with Gwen because she was his love interest before Mary Jane and he always had the web shooters. After the first Spidey movie, Marvel tried to use the organic webbing briefly in the comics, but it's back to normal now.
  • jaxn
    Options
    Spawn came about because of the black Spiderman outfit McFarlane designed..Marvel didn't want it for the long term iirc, so Todd made Spawn

• Lou Cypher
    Options
    jaxn wrote: »
    Spawn came about because of the black Spiderman outfit McFarlane designed..Marvel didn't want it for the long term iirc, so Todd made Spawn

Glad he did, Spawn is the GOAT imo. Villains, Characters, Story >>>>>> Spiderman's
  • rage
    rage Members Posts: 5,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yo how the ? does spiderman swing over water and fields without buildings to use as fulcrums??
  • Lou Cypher
    Options
    Excellent Question. Perhaps airplanes lol.
  • MorganFreemanKing
    MorganFreemanKing Members Posts: 4,282 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    rage wrote: »
    Yo how the ? does spiderman swing over water and fields without buildings to use as fulcrums??

lmao not really sure but Kaine ran out of sky scrapers in and fell in the new Scarlet Spider
  • jaxn
    Options

From what i've seen he does his swinging in city areas..if there's no buildings/trees or whatever around he has to do the old fashion way..running and jumping
  • rage
    rage Members Posts: 5,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

From what i've seen he does his swinging in city areas..if there's no buildings/trees or whatever around he has to do the old fashion way..running and jumping

Nah I've read comics where they had the ? swinging across the river and when he's been in other dimensions and ? .

• DrMindbender122
    Options
    I kinda like the suit he has now. ? appears to have semi-Iron Man qualities. But then again, I've been out of the loop I'm terms of what's been happening with Spidey since forever.

My 1st glimpse of the new Spidey suit was in Amazing Spiderman #683 this month.
  • jaxn
    Options

Nah I've read comics where they had the ? swinging across the river and when he's been in other dimensions and ? .
    Oh ok, i haven't seen any issues like that.

• jaxn
    Options
    Cain Marko wrote: »
    Was I the only one who liked the spider suit Stark designed for Parker. I mean it enhanced his strength and other gadgets.

I liked it too..that suit will be used in the new Ultimate Spiderman cartoon.