raptors luking into bosh trade for byum and odom............

john2009
john2009 Confirm Email Posts: 2,081 ✭✭
edited July 2010 in From the Cheap Seats
What if it’s Chris Bosh that controls the action this summer. Hear me out before you go throwing things across the room and screaming at your computer.

If Bosh is the player everyone wants to pair with another superstar … why wouldn’t he be the linchpin to the summer?

And it’s not just the teams with cap space that are anxious to get their hands on Bosh.

One of my most trusted sources indicated to me last night that a sign-and-trade package is being discussed that would send Bosh to the Los Angeles Lakers — the Lakers mentioned as centerpieces of a potential deal were Andrew Bynum and Lamar Odom, though you would expect only one of them to be included in a proposed deal.

As with all things being “discussed” this time of year, it doesn’t mean it’s going to happen. But the mere discussion is intriguing enough for us to wonder what Toronto GM Bryan Colangelo is working on if he knows Bosh is leaving.

(Anyone that has a hand in a potential Kobe Bryant, Pau Gasol, Bosh and Ron Artest core four being formed is sure to be left off of a few Christmas card lists around the league this year.)

Comments

• 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    edited June 2010
  • Mdizzle9000
    Mdizzle9000 Members, Writer Posts: 8,319 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
  • Alpha_Ambition
    Alpha_Ambition Members Posts: 9,698 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    john2009 wrote: »
    What if it’s Chris Bosh that controls the action this summer. Hear me out before you go throwing things across the room and screaming at your computer.

If Bosh is the player everyone wants to pair with another superstar … why wouldn’t he be the linchpin to the summer?

And it’s not just the teams with cap space that are anxious to get their hands on Bosh.

One of my most trusted sources indicated to me last night that a sign-and-trade package is being discussed that would send Bosh to the Los Angeles Lakers — the Lakers mentioned as centerpieces of a potential deal were Andrew Bynum and Lamar Odom, though you would expect only one of them to be included in a proposed deal.

As with all things being “discussed” this time of year, it doesn’t mean it’s going to happen. But the mere discussion is intriguing enough for us to wonder what Toronto GM Bryan Colangelo is working on if he knows Bosh is leaving.

(Anyone that has a hand in a potential Kobe Bryant, Pau Gasol, Bosh and Ron Artest core four being formed is sure to be left off of a few Christmas card lists around the league this year.)

149zi81.jpg
    . .
  • DatGuyJ22
    DatGuyJ22 Members Posts: 1,093
    edited June 2010

????????????
  • Dick Shitman
    Dick Shitman Members Posts: 9,032 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    im no spelling ? , but "luking" my nig? luking?
  • Alpha_Ambition
    edited June 2010
    ROFL I didnt notice the thread title "luking"
  • john2009
    edited June 2010
    bigb86 wrote: »
    149zi81.jpg
    . .

i got it from NBA.COM
  • b*braze
    b*braze Members Posts: 8,968 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    The laker fan in me says yes. The NBA fan in me says hell the ? no.
  • sTaY_TrUe
    sTaY_TrUe Members Posts: 4,189 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
  • Alpha_Ambition
    edited June 2010
    http://hangtime.blogs.nba.com/2010/06/30/does-bosh-control-the-market/?ls=iref:nbahpt1

here's the story
    ? who wrote the article's name is Sekou Smith he sounds untrustworthy
    and his blog is called hang time lol
  • HustleTree
    HustleTree Members Posts: 2,526 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    ? shitman wrote: »
    im no spelling ? , but "luking" my nig? Luking?

****dead***** lmao
  • ThaChozenWun
    ThaChozenWun Members Posts: 9,390
    edited June 2010
    ? Shitman wrote: »

Dis my bad, da way I spelled dat is my fault. Dat aint da way I usually spell dat durr.
  • john2009
    edited June 2010

? ...we on a ? message board called cheapseats..u think i didnt notice i typed "luking"...

dis is how i type on da internet internet message boards.. NOT just here...no need to be formal here.........
  • G.R.I.P. Money $$$
    G.R.I.P. Money $$$ Members Posts: 18,939 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    dis ? is one of the funniest posters...
  • Hustlers Ambition$
    Hustlers Ambition$ Members Posts: 245
    edited June 2010
    NO

Is Chris Bosh a better player than Bynum? Yeah at this point

But does he make us a better team? I don't think he will imo

Bynum provides us a 7ft 300 pound defensive presence. Players have no choice but to alter their shots anytime Bynum is in the paint. Even injured he gave the Celtics some problems with his length.

Chris Bosh is very good but he is a PF and not a defensive minded one at all..... I would rather have Gasol should stay at PF and play in stints at Center when Bynum sits down. Bosh is no where near the defensive presence Bynum is and we would feel the loss when playing teams with big frontlines or really fast pg's.

Lamar Odom even with his inconsistencies is so versatile and is the guy that keeps the second unit together. He also plays very well with Pau Gasol. When you have two big men that can run their own fullcourt fastbreak, you have a problem!
  • Dick Shitman
    Dick Shitman Members Posts: 9,032 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    if you LA, i dont see why you mess with a good thing.
  • john2009
    edited June 2010
    NO

Is Chris Bosh a better player than Bynum? Yeah at this point

But does he make us a better team? I don't think he will imo

Bynum provides us a 7ft 300 pound defensive presence. Players have no choice but to alter their shots anytime Bynum is in the paint. Even injured he gave the Celtics some problems with his length.

Chris Bosh is very good but he is a PF and not a defensive minded one at all..... I would rather have Gasol should stay at PF and play in stints at Center when Bynum sits down. Bosh is no where near the defensive presence Bynum is and we would feel the loss when playing teams with big frontlines or really fast pg's.

Lamar Odom even with his inconsistencies is so versatile and is the guy that keeps the second unit together. He also plays very well with Pau Gasol. When you have two big men that can run their own fullcourt fastbreak, you have a problem!

^^^^^
    THIS!! what lakers should be focusing on is da PG spot......they need to keep fisher minutes in regular season at 20 mins a game so that he will be fresh in april.......... they need a good DEEFNSIVE PG
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    edited June 2010

thats why i think this trade is bs
  • Hustlers Ambition$
    edited June 2010

Exactly....

Bynum even injured has been involved in 2 championship runs. Leave the formula ALONE!

If he stays healthy ? we have a problem for the next couple of years.
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    John is like Pac Man Jones in Zone defense..
  • Hustlers Ambition$
    edited June 2010
    ^^^^^
    THIS!! what lakers should be focusing on is da PG spot......they need to keep fisher minutes in regular season at 20 mins a game so that he will be fresh in april.......... they need a good DEEFNSIVE PG

Yeah we do. I wanted us to draft one....but from what im hearing the pg class wasn't too strong after Wall anyway.....

Fisher at about 25 mins a game next year would be nice. I hope he stays though
  • bull6599
    bull6599 Members Posts: 6,640 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Yeah we do. I wanted us to draft one....but from what im hearing the pg class wasn't too strong after Wall anyway.....

Fisher at about 25 mins a game next year would be nice. I hope he stays though

I think he stays. Even at his age he has too much championship experience, knowledge of the triangle, and the chemistry w/ and trust of Phil & Kobe to be let go. From what I've seen so far the FA pool is a little shallow as far as PG's go. I think NBA.com has Felton as the best PG available but his offense is meh (especially his shooting) so maybe they can find somebody that can fit their needs. Either hope to find a diamond in the rough or bring Shannon Brown back and both the team & he SERIOUSLY work on converting him into a legit PG w/ a consistent jump shot this offseason
  • DarcSkies777
    DarcSkies777 Members Posts: 5,600 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    All LA has to do this season is not do anything stupid. Getting rid of Bynum & Odom for one guy that aint gonna get you another championship is doing something stupid.

We are still the best in the West no matter what. No trade. Especially for the best 6th man on the team and a starter who is damn good when his knee isnt trying to peek our from under his skin to say hi to people.
  • Lorenzo de Medici
    Lorenzo de Medici Members Posts: 5,739 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    HustleTree wrote: »
    ****dead***** lmao

hahaha I thought the ? meant "lucking" and forgot the C. But if he meant "looking"....DAMN!
  • Lorenzo de Medici
    Lorenzo de Medici Members Posts: 5,739 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    All LA has to do this season is not do anything stupid. Getting rid of Bynum & Odom for one guy that aint gonna get you another championship is doing something stupid.

We are still the best in the West no matter what. No trade. Especially for the best 6th man on the team and a starter who is damn good when his knee isnt trying to peek our from under his skin to say hi to people.

yeah, ? this Ru Paul ass ? for real. chrisBosh.jpg

No on all fronts my ? . Just no.