Options
    ryder225 wrote: »
    DBZ >>>>>>>>>> All That ?

DBZ was a comic book? word?
  • DRO
    DRO Members Posts: 9,943 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Bruh... My wife would get mad at me cause it was a must that i watched justice league! I love that ? !
  • DRO
    DRO Members Posts: 9,943 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    dbz >>>>>>>>>> all that ?

rhonin warriors wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy better than dbz
  • sdrawkcabseh
    sdrawkcabseh Members Posts: 1,237 ✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    DBZ was a comic book? word?

No, DBZ derived from a manga, as well as many other anime. There is a difference between comic books and Manga, the only imprint that successfully blended the two was Jademan Comics( a now out of print comic book label from the late eighties/early nineties)....................................
  • sdrawkcabseh
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Spawn the animated series on HBO had a good three season run( although the third season sucked imo). Season two was great though..........................
  • sdrawkcabseh
    edited June 2010
    Options
    rhonin warriors wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy better than dbz

In terms of content, Ronin Warriors was better, but in terms of commercial delivery, DBZ was better. Ronin Warriors had better developed characters and their villains were more sensical( DBZ often pulled plot warping villains)..................................
  • ryder225
    ryder225 Banned Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Like I Said; DBZ >>>>>> ALL THAT ? !!!!!!
  • sdrawkcabseh
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Like I Said; DBZ >>>>>> ALL THAT ? !!!!!!

Naw bro, Gundam>>>>>a lot of anime. In terms of complexity, Gundam has endured. DBZ has loads of action/tight fight scenes(which was Akira Toryama's trademark in most of his animes), but it severely lacks in plot when it comes to character development and transitions among sagas( see Cell saga and Majin Boo saga).....................................
  • ryder225
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Naw bro, Gundam>>>>>a lot of anime. In terms of complexity, Gundam has endured. DBZ has loads of action/tight fight scenes(which was Akira Toryama's trademark in most of his animes), but it severely lacks in plot when it comes to character development and transitions among sagas( see Cell saga and Majin Boo saga).....................................

? is u talkin bout?
  • sdrawkcabseh
    edited June 2010
    Options
    ? is u talkin bout?

Lol, I'm saying, one thing that was kept constant in the Gundam installments, even those that didn't adhere to the "One Year War Storyline", like Gundam wing, still didn't drag on the series. The Cell saga kind of drug on, and gave emphasis in areas that it didn't need to be. Also, it killed off the protagonist(Son Goku), and made Gohan the hero far too many times( Cell Saga, Garlic Junior Saga, A little bit in the Namek Saga, before Goku showed up. Akira Toryama is a great presenter of action when it comes to DBZ, but he let the plot go awry for the simple sake of tons of action.

Gundam at least gives us a story, and keeps the characters complex, and the plot simple, except for the other way around. DBZ is better commercially, Gundam is superior in content..................................................................
  • Blazedadon87x
    Blazedadon87x Members Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Yu Yu hakusho

Bleach minus the filler arcs and episodes
  • Hisoka
    Hisoka Members Posts: 83
    edited June 2010
    Options
    One Piece........................................
  • ryder225
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Lol, I'm saying, one thing that was kept constant in the Gundam installments, even those that didn't adhere to the "One Year War Storyline", like Gundam wing, still didn't drag on the series. The Cell saga kind of drug on, and gave emphasis in areas that it didn't need to be. Also, it killed off the protagonist(Son Goku), and made Gohan the hero far too many times( Cell Saga, Garlic Junior Saga, A little bit in the Namek Saga, before Goku showed up. Akira Toryama is a great presenter of action when it comes to DBZ, but he let the plot go awry for the simple sake of tons of action.

Gundam at least gives us a story, and keeps the characters complex, and the plot simple, except for the other way around. DBZ is better commercially, Gundam is superior in content..................................................................

I aint one to be typing paragraphs, so ima sum it up like this; ? You Crazy
  • sdrawkcabseh
    edited June 2010
    Options
    sionb55 wrote: »
    The Watchmen

Check it ? ....

movie was amazing....

That film, like many others defiled and desecrated one of my favorite comic books. Watchmen can't be done on the bigscreen, because it's too intelligent for the average moviegoer. I cringed during it...................................
  • sdrawkcabseh
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Yu Yu hakusho

Bleach minus the filler arcs and episodes

Both are good series! Have you seen Poltergeist Report? The anime film to Yu Yu Hakisho?
  • Blazedadon87x
    edited June 2010
    Options

i had to admit Characters like Setsuna,Lockon,Tieria, and Ribbons kept me in for Gundam 00

Gundam Wing and G Gundam had characters like Heero,Duo,Trowa,Rain,Domon,Zechs,Treize,Master Asia and Sai as appeals...

the only characters from DB period i liked were Piccolo,Goku,Android 17,Krillin Future Trunks,Vegeta and Gohan up to the finale of the cell saga before he turned a ? ..any character that came afterwards like Goten,Buu,Pan,and Bebi seem force if u asked me
  • sdrawkcabseh
    edited June 2010
    Options
    sionb55 wrote: »
    that whole novel has sooo many layers to it but maaaannn they had to dumb it down for the mainstream ? woulda gone over heads.

that movie was still amazing tho.

But that's the thing; anything they try to dumb down from the industry will make them look ridiculous. Alan Moore has been displeased and he has a right to be, they butchered every one of his works, except for "From Hell"( which was terrific in my opinion). But they lightened up League of Extraordinary Gentlemen, and tried to "Matrixize" V for Vendetta. Hope they don't try to do a Miracleman film next.

My basic problem with the American film industry for the past few years has been that they put out the worst films. They take art and simply destroy it. Like ? on Picasso........................................................
  • Blazedadon87x
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Both are good series! Have you seen Poltergeist Report? The anime film to Yu Yu Hakisho?

i seen some of it,but not all...

Yu Yu hakusho is pretty much Bleach and Dragon Ball,but minus the fillers and it gets straight to the point and goal while doing
    character development for the 4 main characters
  • sdrawkcabseh
    edited June 2010
    Options
    i had to admit Characters like Setsuna,Lockon,Tieria, and Ribbons kept me in for Gundam 00

Gundam Wing and G Gundam had characters like Heero,Duo,Trowa,Rain,Domon,Zechs,Treize,Master Asia and Sai as appeals...

the only characters from DB period i liked were Piccolo,Goku,Android 17,Krillin Future Trunks,Vegeta and Gohan up to the finale of the cell saga before he turned a ? ..any character that came afterwards like Goten,Buu,Pan,and Bebi seem force if u asked me

Exactly. That's what I'm saying. I'm a Star Wars fanatic and even I was disappointed at Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace. It suffered the same problem. It gave us too many characters, cluttered up the story with unecessary events, and drug on a scene that talked down to the viewer( Though the duel between Qui-Gon, Obi-Wan and Darth Maul was one of the greatest Lightsaber battles).

Dude, I even have all of the Star Wars film soundtracks and originally composed John Williams scores from the films! Lol.............................................................
  • sdrawkcabseh
    edited June 2010
    Options
    i seen some of it,but not all...

Yu Yu hakusho is pretty much Bleach and Dragon Ball,but minus the fillers and it gets straight to the point and goal while doing
    character development for the 4 main characters

Are you a Star Wars fan by any chance?
  • Blazedadon87x
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Are you a Star Wars fan by any chance?

nah...just a bleach,Fullmetal Alchemist, and Yu Yu hakusho fan
  • sdrawkcabseh
    edited June 2010
    Options
    nah...just a bleach,Fullmetal Alchemist, and Yu Yu hakusho fan

All good series btw. Imma big Ghost in the Shell fan too, and Akira..............................................
  • kingofdetroit
    kingofdetroit Members Posts: 519 ✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    ? . The Uncanny X-Men in the 90's ? on all them comic book based shows, ? outta here with this thread.
  • Lorenzo de Medici
    Lorenzo de Medici Members Posts: 5,739 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    smh at all this Anime ? . Eyes be big as ? . I don't bangs wit' none of it.
This discussion has been closed.