FIRST LISTEN & IMPRESSIONS - Apollo Brown & O.C.: Trophies (2012) Release: 1st May

Options
2»

Comments

• traestar
    traestar Members Posts: 6,030 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    RuffDraft wrote: »
    traestar wrote: »
    traestar wrote: »
    Hahaha love the play by play posting!! :tu

Glad you digged it, I'll try to upload bandcamp links with every thread!!! I loved this album, from start to finish, I don't think anything will touch it this year *hopes I'm wrong*.

Great album.

I live on bandcamp, I've heard ALOT of albums (from free to name your price) on bandcamp over the past few months...

In fact I got one that I've been playing for a minute.

Which one is that??? I need to hear more…

Astro Nautico

Listened to it earlier, I'll post up my thoughts… in the thread :tu

No prob, there are many different albums i've heard from bandcamp. I go here to
    check them too producersiknow.com
  • RuffDraft
    RuffDraft Members, Writer Posts: 4,753 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Dope, props on the link.

I feel this is album of the year, you heard anything close???
  • traestar
    traestar Members Posts: 6,030 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Dope, props on the link.

I feel this is album of the year, you heard anything close???

not really of that caliber

• Meta_Conscious
    Meta_Conscious Members Posts: 26,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    this is my pick for album of the year so far...
    pure hip hop no filler...
  • RuffDraft
    edited June 2012
    Options
    Stopitfive wrote: »
    this is my pick for album of the year so far...
    pure hip hop no filler...

Agreed, great album with little to challenge it. Going to check that Del though soon!! & Aesop's set to drop!
  • satyrone
    satyrone Members Posts: 4,696 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    finally copped. ? good this is inline to be album of the year with Killer Mike,Del,& Aesop(even tho his didnt drop yet its still gonna be that good LOL!)
  • RuffDraft
    Options
    satyrone wrote: »
    finally copped. ? good this is inline to be album of the year with Killer Mike,Del,& Aesop(even tho his didnt drop yet its still gonna be that good LOL!)

Mannn, I have this over that Killer Mike, although I liked it.

What you think to the production and O.C.'s performance? I think Apollo really shined yet his beats from Clouds were by far and away the best apart from Prove Me Wrong, which is dope.

Del's and Aesop's I can't wait to hear!!!
  • satyrone
    satyrone Members Posts: 4,696 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

What you think to the production and O.C.'s performance? I think Apollo really shined yet his beats from Clouds were by far and away the best apart from Prove Me Wrong, which is dope.

man o.c ripped it tho. and and Apollo did some beast ? on the boards.its hard to find a fav song at the moment.

• Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Anotha One is my favorite song. Love me a weed song.
  • bigev240
    bigev240 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 10,925 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Just order the CD this morning. I'll give you a review when I get it.
  • RuffDraft
    Options

man o.c ripped it tho. and and Apollo did some beast ? on the boards.its hard to find a fav song at the moment.

@satyrone, no doubt, it was incredible what Apollo did on the boards… again!!! You found a favourite song now?
    Lou Cypher wrote: »
    Anotha One is my favorite song. Love me a weed song.

Haha that beat is dope and from Clouds (the instrumental album Apollo did last year), did you check it last year (Clouds)?

Great song, though I don't smoke haha
    bigev240 wrote: »
    Just order the CD this morning. I'll give you a review when I get it.

Props @bigev240, great disc. Still potentially my favourite of the year, although Oddisee has made it really tough now… I think O.C. rips it more and I do prefer Apollo to Odd, yet that guitar led 'You Know Who You Are' is my favourite track of the year and from Oddisee's 'People Hear What They See'.
  • bigev240
    Options
    Just got the CD today and I have to say is this ? is hot. From beginning to end its nothing but bangers.
  • RuffDraft
    Options
    Just got the CD today and I have to say is this ? is hot. From beginning to end its nothing but bangers.

One more awakened head! Props :tu

Glad you picked it up as well, you got any favourites? Think it's a contender for one of the best you've heard this year? & If so, what's it alongside?
  • bigev240
    Options

Glad you picked it up as well, you got any favourites? Think it's a contender for one of the best you've heard this year? & If so, what's it alongside?

I got to say Options, The First 48, and Angels Sing are the ones so far.
  • Legacy804
    Legacy804 Members Posts: 33
    Options
    Beautiful and refreshing. "Nautica" Lyrics and Beat is classic.
  • achewon87
    achewon87 Members Posts: 5,464 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2012
    Options
    Just listened to this last night. My word, ? knocks. Probably should be album of the year, did not skip 1 track on this. To be honest best album I have probably heard over the last few yrs. "The Pursuit" and "Anotha One" are my faves right now. And the intro is mad funny. Great production, great execution.
  • RuffDraft
    Options

I got to say Options, The First 48, and Angels Sing are the ones so far.

@bigev240

Nice picks, honestly can't go wrong with the whole release as I think everyone else feels…
    Legacy804 wrote: »
    Beautiful and refreshing. "Nautica" Lyrics and Beat is classic.

@Legacy804

Dark beat on that one. I think all releases from Mello Music Group encompass 'Beautiful and Refreshing' though. You should check out The Left & Oddisee if you haven't already :tu If you have, who's your favourite on Mello Music Group?
    achewon87 wrote: »
    Just listened to this last night. My word, ? knocks. Probably should be album of the year, did not skip 1 track on this. To be honest best album I have probably heard over the last few yrs. "The Pursuit" and "Anotha One" are my faves right now. And the intro is mad funny. Great production, great execution.

@achewon87

Haha @ My word.

Anotha One borrows production from Apollo Brown's 'Clouds' instrumental release from last year, he's incredible as a producer but O.C. did magical work with that track.

Glad you're feeling it, have you checked out Oddisee's People Hear What The See? Check my sig if not :tu
  • stupot0607
    stupot0607 Members Posts: 1,914 ✭✭✭
    Options
    First impression - ? amazing! We The People was the standout from the album so far for me!

i got a confession i never picked up O.C. Jewels. ive had Word life for a long time now aswell.
  • Meta_Conscious
    Meta_Conscious Members Posts: 26,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm still bumping this... he carried this ? with no features... crazy...
  • RuffDraft
    Options
    stupot0607 wrote: »
    First impression - ? amazing! We The People was the standout from the album so far for me!

i got a confession i never picked up O.C. Jewels. ive had Word life for a long time now aswell.

Good man! Glad you enjoyed it! Pick up Jewelz next!
    Stopitfive wrote: »
    I'm still bumping this... he carried this ? with no features... crazy...

Co-sign, still bumpin' this too. I think it's got the nod over Oddisee for me too as the album of the year thus far, although I'm yet to give Son of Yvonne a spin despite it being at home (I'm away for 3 weeks).