Do you think blacks deserve reparations?

High Revolutionary
High Revolutionary Members Posts: 3,729 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited April 2012 in R & R (Religion and Race)
I say yes.

What do you say?

Comments

• BoldChild
    BoldChild Members Posts: 11,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Blacks in the past did, but not us.
  • Amotekun
    Amotekun Members Posts: 7,820 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes. Every major bank, and insurance industry got its start off the slave trade and been goin strong since. Our ancestors deserved to be rightly compensated for their labor, we as their descendants have a right to collect on their behalf.

However we as a people still have too much of a slave mind to do anything proper with them. Most of us would spend it on ? sneakers and whips and rims for whips, and get gucci with the fits. That money would be back in white folks hands before the year is out.

If we didn't have a slave mind, we would've already had our reparations as we wouldn't have let the country rest until we got it. Which is why Johnny Cochran was killed. he was working on just how much Blacks were owed [enough to bankrupt america]
  • fiat_money
    fiat_money Members Posts: 16,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think people "deserve" anything, and reparations this late in the game seem like a bad idea.

So no.
  • heyslick
    heyslick Members Posts: 1,179
    fiat_money wrote: »
    I don't think people "deserve" anything, and reparations this late in the game seem like a bad idea.

So no.

Since some seem to think it will make a difference - Y not just give them whatever they want? - the media will protect them regardless of what they do, or don't do. Seriously, this issue never seems to go away - will black people ever be thankful for anything in America? other than complaining about WHAT they haven't got or demanding something they aren't entitled to? I came here many years ago to find out, Y are black people so damn angry and ? off most of the time? - still haven't figured that out - so I'll just avoid them in the real world and be better off.

• And Step
    And Step Members Posts: 3,726 ✭✭✭
    Yes.

Besides the lack of compensation for centuries, and destruction and stunting of African society, the Black people in America were well on their way to independence in America during the Reconstruction era and had built over 60 towns before the Great Compromise of 1877 took away federal protection and gave States rights to white rabid racists who then began to destroy town, craft discriminatory laws to thwart black progress, and murder, ? , pillage with immunity. Many companies in existence got their start not only in slave money, but they also got rich off of the sharecropping and planation like conditions this action set up. After destroying any semblance of Black independence these demons then set up plantation stores and unjust economic slavery systems like sharecropping to further exploit Black people.

This set Black people back even further and actually set up a pathology of disdain for independence because of fear of white reprisal.

So yes, according to legal and historical precedents, and even international law, Blacks are entitled to reparations. Besides it would be the humane and right thing to do.

Just saying........
  • Bodhi
    Bodhi Members Posts: 7,932 ✭✭✭✭✭
    co ? sign @ And Step and Public
  • Dave2one6
    Dave2one6 Members Posts: 1,669 ✭✭✭✭✭
    i think we deserve it only because the jewish, the native americans, and the japanese americans got reparations. fair is fair. if they got some, we should get some too only because our ? was way worse. make it official like theirs. thats all im saying.
  • heyslick
    Dave2one6 wrote: »
    i think we deserve it only because the jewish, the native americans, and the japanese americans got reparations. fair is fair. if they got some, we should get some too only because our ? was way worse. make it official like theirs. thats all im saying.

Here's some info many black people of today should/NEED to read. IMO all I've ever seen within these pages are individuals who wallow CONSTANTLY in ancient historical issues...and act as if NOTHING in America has changed for black people in general - I've always wondered Y are black people so damn ANGRY AND MAD....if I actually heard a black person say they are grateful for what this country affords them....I'd probably be shocked!

http://wattree.blogspot.com/2012/01/to-black-america-our-history-lies.html

• heyslick
    Yes. Every major bank, and insurance industry got its start off the slave trade and been goin strong since. Our ancestors deserved to be rightly compensated for their labor, we as their descendants have a right to collect on their behalf.

However we as a people still have too much of a slave mind to do anything proper with them. Most of us would spend it on ? sneakers and whips and rims for whips, and get gucci with the fits. That money would be back in white folks hands before the year is out.

If we didn't have a slave mind, we would've already had our reparations as we wouldn't have let the country rest until we got it. Which is why Johnny Cochran was killed. he was working on just how much Blacks were owed [enough to bankrupt america]

You're the epitome of bigotry - FYI Cochran died of a brain tumor and was at his home Y do you like to distort the truth? Y do so many black people wallow in the legacy of slavery? when are black people gonna come into the 21th century and stop believing people like you WHO DISTORT the truth. IMO you're black peoples worst enemy.