Yes or No: Can Ross Carry an Album on his own?

Comments

• Miles HIGH
    Miles HIGH Members Posts: 5,441 ✭✭✭
    Jamaica wrote: »
    Styles was on bmf, gucci was on mc hammer, I'll give you those other songs though

That's true...But on ? ...Most radio stations down here used to just cut him out...MC Hammer wasn't really that big...
  • birdcallaveli
    birdcallaveli Members Posts: 6,508 ✭✭✭✭
    Miles HIGH wrote: »
    The simple answer is yes.

Most of Ross's features are singers, not rappers... So I never understood why this gets brought up....HIs biggest singles are either just him, or him and a singer...What y'all want the ? to get on auto tune and start harmonizing too?

really?

Rappers on Teflon Don: 9

Jay Z
    Diddy
    TI
    Kanye West
    Styles P
    Jadakiss
    Gucci Mane
    Drake
    Raekwon

Singers on Teflon Don: 7

Erykah Badu
    Cee lo
    John Legend
    Neyo
    Trey Songz
    Raphael Saddiq
    Chrisete Michel

drake was singing on his feature
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Drake was rapping on the single version. I give ross credit at least he has enough sense to get features for his albums.
  • SlickestR
    SlickestR Members Posts: 2,787 ✭✭✭✭✭
    on a full album set of say 12-13 tracks... an artist should have at least 6 features, and i'm not talking about each feature for different tracks.

as far as Rick Ross, he should be able to, i don't see why not.. but you know them ? .

he's gon have at least 10 features, and have at least 2-3 tracks by himself on there.
  • Supreme_Mind999
    Supreme_Mind999 Members Posts: 5,185 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ppl on here KNOW I don't particularly ? with Ross because I feel he exaggerates in his raps.Real people don't have the need to exaggerate things for the sake of being accepted.

But I will give him credit where credit is due..Ross can put a decent song together by todays standards..Port of MIA had some good cuts. He can carry a album for HIS audience..Personally "Rich 4eva" and his newer ? is boring to me..Its the same ? over and over.Jeezy makes better music than ross.I can't FEEL most of that ? MMG putting out(Except Stalley).

Its a muthafuckin shame they got rid of Pill
  • StillDreaming
    StillDreaming Members Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭
    Ross>>>>>Kanye
  • Miles HIGH
    Drake was rapping on the single version. I give ross credit at least he has enough sense to get features for his albums.

Nope..."Paris Morton Music" just got so much extra buzz that dj's attached the two songs...And Ross just extended the video...It that song comes on the radio right now...Drake's long ass verse ain't gon be part of it...
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here it the trackisting and production credit for his next album

1. ? Criss (production by the Inkredibles)
    2. Maybach Music 3 ft TI and Jay-z (produce by Justice League)
    3. Feast my ? ft Fat Joe, Dj Khaled (produced by NO ID)
    4. Sheep skin dreams ft John Legend (produced by Cool and Dre)
    5. From N.O. to M.I.A ft Lil Wayne and Baby (produced by
    6. Rims and Dunks ft Dr. Dre (produced by Dr. Dre)
    7. Leer Jet Music (produced by DJ Toomp)
    8. When i eat, you eat ft Keisha Cole (produced by Rico Love)
    9. Linen suits ft Wale, Meek Millz, Stalley (produced by Just Blaze)
    10. Crab cakes ft Kanye (produced by Kanye)
    11. Mama cries ft Kelly Rowland (produced by Lex Luger)

Bet it goes something like that
  • 5th Letter

Nope..."Paris Morton Music" just got so much extra buzz that dj's attached the two songs...And Ross just extended the video...It that song comes on the radio right now...Drake's long ass verse ain't gon be part of it...

Hot97 played the version with drake rapping.
  • KingJamal
    KingJamal Members Posts: 20,652 ✭✭✭✭✭
    usmarin3 wrote: »

LOL @ Leer Jet music
  • Miles HIGH

Hot97 played the version with drake rapping.

In regular rotation?...I doubt it..But Ion live in New York, so if they did, cool, but that still wasn't the official version of the single...Just like down here, a lotta dj's was cuttin Styles outta BMF...
  • 5th Letter
    @Miles HIGH the same version from the music video
  • Miles HIGH
    @Miles HIGH the same version from the music video

The same version that isn't the official single...But two songs put together, which they made an extended video for...Like I said...
  • HustleThaDon
    HustleThaDon Members Posts: 28,566 ✭✭✭✭✭

Why would he re-release a song he already made?
  • vageneral08
    vageneral08 Members Posts: 19,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The simple answer is yes.

Most of Ross's features are singers, not rappers... So I never understood why this gets brought up....HIs biggest singles are either just him, or him and a singer...What y'all want the ? to get on auto tune and start harmonizing too?

really?

Rappers on Teflon Don: 9

Jay Z
    Diddy
    TI
    Kanye West
    Styles P
    Jadakiss
    Gucci Mane
    Drake
    Raekwon

Singers on Teflon Don: 7

Erykah Badu
    Cee lo
    John Legend
    Neyo
    Trey Songz
    Raphael Saddiq
    Chrisete Michel

1. You named his most heavily featured album period...And that same album is looked at by most of his fans as his weakest out the 4...2. The Drake feature is Drake singing, not rapping

3. Again, the biggest songs off that album were either just him: "BMF", "I'm Not A Star"...Or featuring singers "Super High", "Ashton Martin Music"...

what? ? say port of miami is his worst album dawg teflon don is one of his better albums
  • vageneral08
    and ? complain about game having too many features smh
  • Miles HIGH

what? ? say port of miami is his worst album dawg teflon don is one of his better albums

I ain't never met no ? who been a fan since Port Of Miami that would say that ? ...That's ? ....And I'm not sayin Teflon Don was wack...But it's definitely his weakest due to arrangement, repetetiveness, and kinda failing to live up to all the hype that was around it...
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭

Why would he re-release a song he already made?

For the same reasons he has been releasing the same sounding albums since Trilla. He pretty much made the same song twice (MC Hammer, BMF) on his last album anyways.
  • vageneral08

I ain't never met no ? who been a fan since Port Of Miami that would say that ? ...That's ? ....And I'm not sayin Teflon Don was wack...But it's definitely his weakest due to arrangement, repetetiveness, and kinda failing to live up to all the hype that was around it...

I dont know where you be at but majority of ? around here will tell you port of miami is the weakest album ross has dropped
  • Miles HIGH

I dont know where you be at but majority of ? around here will tell you port of miami is the weakest album ross has dropped

Shiiiiiiiit...To each his own, cuh...The only thing that makes that album worse than any of his others is the sound quality in the way he was recordin back then...His voice was all rough, and his adlibs used to be hella loud and ? ...But other than that, POM is classic...It was dope from front to back...
  • Supreme_Mind999
    Supreme_Mind999 Members Posts: 5,185 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some cats on here need to take the panties off lol...Chill with that calling me troll because I dont ? ryde..We cant all feel the same way about things
  • juan travolta
    juan travolta Members Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Port of Miami is ross weakest album imo. Teflon Don and Deeper than rap are both better.
  • riddlerap
    riddlerap Members Posts: 17,132 ✭✭✭✭✭
    no, he cant. or else.. he would have already. singer or not. its not like every hook needs to be sang. its still a crutch.
  • H-Rap 180
    H-Rap 180 Members Posts: 15,452 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some cats on here need to take the panties off lol...Chill with that calling me troll because I dont ? ryde..We cant all feel the same way about things

Dont pay that ? no nevermind, I been flagged 1,000 times already, I gave you two Goats on GP.

As far as features go you have to put things into perspective, for instance a lyricist like Nas averages 7.5 features per album, the most abusive instance of features is JayZ who had a record-breaking 24 guest-features on his double C.D "Blueprint 2".

JayZ',s "Vol 2 Hard knock Life" is the only album in Hiphop history to my recollection that has a guest rapper on every song but one....do the research.

The "Blueprint 3" had 11 guests (Alicia Keyes, Rihanna, Kanye West, Young Jeezy, Drake, J.Cole, Kid Cudi, Swiz Beats Pharell, Luke Steele & Mr Hudson.....but I dont remember hearing any complaints.

I ? with MMG because I pay close attention to the direction of the culture and they the only crew on a mainstream level thats not trying to white-wash the culture with Euro-pandering, token-whites, and pop aspirations...Wale got the HBCU's, Meek got the streets and Stalley got the Blue-Collar workers..

They got Columbian film crews (Jon-J & Dre), Afrikan rappers and Producers, (Wale & Aonebeatz)
    Haitian DJ's, (SamSneaker) a Puerto-Rican rapper (Gunplay) a Jamaican singer (Magazeen) and an entire division
    Maybach Latino with Cubans & other Latino/Latina family.

..3 dark-skinned nagas & a light skinned brutha with a Sunni-beard that aint riding skateboards, dressing in skinnies,
    rapping in non-Creole French, doing Emenim duets or signing a token-white artist?!?!

This ? is deeper than rap, this aint them Grand Hustle ? dropping B.O.B pop tracks and co-signing a Iggy Azelia or a YMCMB trying to be the new millenium Village-people with their half-Asian, half-EastIndian, half-WhiteJewish, half-Latin crew of Bi-sexual & Biracial artists marketed towards the buying demographics.

This aint them ShadyTeam geeks making headphone music or G.O.O.D music ran by a metro-sexual, or Taylor Gang/Jet Life E-famous, or Bad-Boy trend-hopping for survival, aint no white Crips like CTE or pipedreams like Aftermath.... its the resistance against the dark forces that want to strip HipHop of its Streets & Struggle Soul and make it some emasculated Creame-in-the-coffee Pop-fest.

• MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    "I know Pablo, Noriega, the real Noriega
    He owe me a hundred favors"