You rockin with the true and living"
  • Bodhi
    Bodhi Members Posts: 7,932 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • bambu
    bambu Members Posts: 3,529 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    bambu wrote: »
    And since you are an agnostic, I will pose another question. An opinion that I've read is that agnosticism is intellectual fence sitting. I guess that you would say atheism amounts to arrogance. But I don't want to put words in your mouth. What do you have to say about that? And since atheism is lack of belief, agnosticism is lack of positive belief, both are imo forms of unbelief. Why agnostic as opposed to atheist or non theist?

There are several classifications for agnostics, I tend to fall in the agnostic theism camp....

You are right.... I do believe that atheism amounts to arrogance, unless you have some "proof" that there is no higher power in this universe....

I think you misunderstood, though. I wasn't asking you for your background. I want to know what your theory of intelligent design is. Where does the universe come from? What is this intelligence that you credit for creation? How did creation take place?

The answers that you seek are, in military terms,"above your paygrade."

That's why I wanted you to answer my original question that you never really provided an answer for: Where is the evidence that whites are superior to blacks?

I still dont see why you disregard the "evidence" that I already posted from the pioneer fund... this may not blatantly state what you are looking for, but as I said these studies are now morphing to bio demography which is less conspicuous....
    51EAQX1KAML._SL500_AA300_.jpg

This is probabaly more of what you are looking for,
    newscientist.com/blogs/shortsharpscience/2009/09/did-early-humans-evolve-in-eur.html

nature.com/nature/journal/v449/n7160/full/nature06134.html

Would you like to take a stab at some of this "evidence?"

You asked a gang of questions.....

My answers may seem snide, specifically the bold. However, they are sincere....Hence agnosticism

Not that I do not have personal beliefs, you said you didn't care for backgrounds .... I have been sharing my views on intelligent design from the jump and all over the R&R....
  • Bodhi
    Options
    Answer them please. And reply to my response to your o.g. Question
  • The True Flesh
    The True Flesh Members Posts: 466 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Remember when there were all those people on this board promoting that whole "the Jesus story is the same as the Horus story" stuff and the true educated people came in here and sh*tted all over that nonsense?

.......Ahh good times.

PEACE
  • bambu
    edited July 2012
    Options
    Answer them please. And reply to my response to your o.g. Question

No doubt brother... When I get some more time
    Remember when there were all those people on this board promoting that whole "the Jesus story is the same as the Horus story" stuff and the true educated people came in here and sh*tted all over that nonsense?

.......Ahh good times.

PEACE

Careful brother.... Intelligent Design is perhaps the only issue that we will agree on....

I do not tolerate misinformation related to the Nile Valley......

HOTEP
  • Bodhi
    Options

No doubt brother... When I get some more time

You have time to talk ya ? from thread to thread, follow me around and hit the feelings button whenever I post but you don't have the time to reply to a comment I promptly posted a day after I said I would. I mean, you claim to be so educated on the subject and it's been how many days since I answered your question you were so eager to have answered?

• bambu
    Options
    You are gonna have to get specific homie..... I think I covered everything aside from athiesm v. agnosticism directly and I stated the arrogance that accompanies "knowing" that there is no higher power or ? .
  • Bodhi
    Options
    One, specifically, that you missed was that I asked you what you thought about the claim that agnosticism equals intellectual fence sitting. Go back and read my posts, bro
  • bambu
    Options
    I could agree with that statement. However, I believe that when an individual reaches a certain level of consciousness they understand that which is unknown to man....

This level of consciousness is not a thing that can be learned or taught by any master...

At one point I actually cosigned evolution theories, but after spending much time researching it came to the conclusion that it violates all ancient codex and is detrimental to indigenous peoples across the globe.

Make no mistake Darwins theory stands on firm ground. However, it does not cannot tell the origins of man. Evolution theories sprung up prior to the discovery of the genotype and phenotype. It attempts to incorporate genetics, even though the theory's staunchest opposition has emerged from the field.

• maestro_lungs
    maestro_lungs Members Posts: 255
    Options
    &
    I could agree with that statement. However, I believe that when an individual reaches a certain level of consciousness they understand that which is unknown to man....

This level of consciousness is not a thing that can be learned or taught by any master...

At one point I actually cosigned evolution theories, but after spending much time researching it came to the conclusion that it violates all ancient codex and is detrimental to indigenous peoples across the globe.

Make no mistake Darwins theory stands on firm ground. However, it does not cannot tell the origins of man. Evolution theories sprung up prior to the discovery of the genotype and phenotype. It attempts to incorporate genetics, even though the theory's staunchest opposition has emerged from the field.

I Was Agnostic for a Very Long Time & My Feelings on it was I Was Fence Sitting. Now I Do Agree there is a Certain Level of Consciousness Man Can Achieve through Meditation or Through Some Other Means Perhaps.

I Disagree That This Level Can't be Taught or Learned to be Achieved & I See no Reason to Think this is Supernatural State or Anything Supernatural Being the only way to Achieve it.

I Typically Hate Evolution Conversations, Cause They Always Turn into Origins of Life Convo's & That is not What Evolution is About! It's Pretty Much Proven Science, What People seem to want to Talk about is abiogenesis ...

My Question to You I Guess is, If You're Agnostic, Aren't You & A Atheist on more Common ground than not? What Would Make You Jump off The Fence & Become a Theist or Atheist? Btw I Have Yet to Meet a Atheist who 100 Percent Believes There is No ? . What I Hear from Most Intelligent Atheist is They Lack Belief because of Lack of Proof & If More Proof was to Become Available they would Change they Mind. How is That Arrogant?
  • Bodhi
    Options
    I agree with Maestro. The Buddha spoke on reaching a higher level of consciousness, which within that practice is called Nibbana or more popularly termed in the west, Nirvana. There is no ? involved in any of it.
  • bambu
    Options
    &

I Was Agnostic for a Very Long Time & My Feelings on it was I Was Fence Sitting. Now I Do Agree there is a Certain Level of Consciousness Man Can Achieve through Meditation or Through Some Other Means Perhaps.

I Disagree That This Level Can't be Taught or Learned to be Achieved & I See no Reason to Think this is Supernatural State or Anything Supernatural Being the only way to Achieve it.

I Typically Hate Evolution Conversations, Cause They Always Turn into Origins of Life Convo's & That is not What Evolution is About! It's Pretty Much Proven Science, What People seem to want to Talk about is abiogenesis ...

My Question to You I Guess is, If You're Agnostic, Aren't You & A Atheist on more Common ground than not? What Would Make You Jump off The Fence & Become a Theist or Atheist? Btw I Have Yet to Meet a Atheist who 100 Percent Believes There is No ? . What I Hear from Most Intelligent Atheist is They Lack Belief because of Lack of Proof & If More Proof was to Become Available they would Change they Mind. How is That Arrogant?

Not the greatest Master can go even one step for his disciple; in himself he must experience each stage of developing consciousness. Therefore he will know nothing for which he is not ripe. ~ Inner court, Temple of Luxor

Isn't this the reason you forsake "indoctrination"

I don't really have anything in common with an individual that found some discrepancies in the Bible and then turned to a pseudoscience in order to "debunk" it....

Although I agree with the fence sitting bit, I have chosen a position on most of these topics such as I.D. v. evolution and have been sharing it across this room....

There are various degrees of agnosticism, atheism, and theism. If I had to classify myself, I would be a strong agnostic theist.

When an individual states that there is no proof and therefore no ? . It just appears similar to an individual stating that they have proof of ? and therefore a ? .

Kind of like the ? calling the kettle black.... or arrogance

• Bodhi
    Options
    Hey ? , you've been online all day. When are you going to find the time to respond? Or are you dodging my response?
  • bambu
    Options
  • Jabu_Rule
    Jabu_Rule Members Posts: 5,993 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2012
    Options
    I'm of the mind state that the nature of this universe as proven through science and observation already, proves that there no place for the current ? concepts. There isn't much room left to come up with an accurate variation of such a theory. On top of that, there is nothing proven in religion and atheist tend to point that out while offering counters that display the possibility that other factors were involved in initiating the state of the universe through reproducible observation and mathematical theorizing. The ? theory isn't sound because there is no proof religious or non to support it with the centuries that they've had to try

People are too impatient for results while dismissing the mounting evidence that draws us closer to a possible answer. Then you have those who want to speak abstract about the universe being ? , but then, why not just call it the Universe or some other non Euro name? What is the need for a ? in such a wondrous place that exist through probability which grants us the ability to interact and understand it? People argue against Religion because it has influenced society to an unhealthy degree infringing on the ability to question the nature of things and at times with vengeance.

The origins of the Gods was the naming of events which helped us to give definition to life. Giving the Sun and the Wind spirit names (deities) which "evolved" into Gods, and then a single ? ). Even concepts got spirit names. People learned to manipulate this info to influence and control. It was a way for our ancestors to conceptualize what they observed, and they bought it to the people as folk tales and stories similar to that of the Natives of America, but we shouldn't be taking everything literally. I know this because the religions of Africa still exist such as Yoruba before their successor religions replaced them.
  • maestro_lungs
    maestro_lungs Members Posts: 255
    Options
    &

Not the greatest Master can go even one step for his disciple; in himself he must experience each stage of developing consciousness. Therefore he will know nothing for which he is not ripe. ~ Inner court, Temple of Luxor

Isn't this the reason you forsake "indoctrination"

I don't really have anything in common with an individual that found some discrepancies in the Bible and then turned to a pseudoscience in order to "debunk" it....

Although I agree with the fence sitting bit, I have chosen a position on most of these topics such as I.D. v. evolution and have been sharing it across this room....

There are various degrees of agnosticism, atheism, and theism. If I had to classify myself, I would be a strong agnostic theist.

When an individual states that there is no proof and therefore no ? . It just appears similar to an individual stating that they have proof of ? and therefore a ? .

Kind of like the ? calling the kettle black.... or arrogance

Atheism isn't a Person who Found some Discrepancies in The Bible & Turn to Pseudo-Science, You too Smart for that Blanket Statement!. You Leaving out Secular Jewish & Atheist Hindus. Not to Mention the Different Religions that Don't Figure a Deity in They Doctrine can be Consider Atheist, while in the strictest technical sense of the word I'm an agnostic (I'm not 100% certain that there is no ? ), in any real practical sense I'm an atheist. I don't think the existence of ? is impossible, but I think it's very, very improbable -- improbable enough for me to rule it out as a hypothesis.

A comparison I've been making a lot lately is Zeus. I am about as sure that there is no personal interventionist creator ? as I am that there is no Zeus. But I wouldn't call myself an agnostic about Zeus. I would call myself an atheist about Zeus. I can't absolutely prove that Zeus doesn't exist-- but I think Zeus's existence is sufficiently improbable that I don't have to consider it as a possibility, and I certainly don't live my life on the assumption that he might exist.

And I feel exactly the same way about Yahweh/Jehovah/Allah, or whatever you want to call the all-knowing, all-powerful, all-good, personal interventionist creator ? .
  • Bodhi
    Options
    Thats what I thought
  • bambu
    Options
    Thats what I thought

Look homie... this will be the last time I respond to a disrespectful comment...

What am I dodging from????

The Buddha??

I think you are worng!!!

I have provided my evidence from the temple at Luxor....

My wisdom knowledge is greater than yours.....prove otherwise!!!

• Bodhi
    Options
    You're dodging my response to your stupid ass question that you continued to ? around with for several days until I answered it and ? up ya program
  • Bodhi
    Options
    Now you stallin talking about I need more time brother. You been on the ? damn computer all ? damn day talking that ? and act like you don't know what the ? is going on
  • bambu
    edited July 2012
    Options
    I responded to all your responses.......

What???
    Be specific........

I'm not dodging you.....
  • beenwize
    beenwize Members Posts: 2,024 ✭✭
    Options
    Hey ? , you've been online all day. When are you going to find the time to respond? Or are you dodging my response?

Lmbo

• bambu
    edited July 2012
    Options
    beenwize wrote: »

I have nothing more to contribute to this forum rather than follow bambu around and make meaningless comments on complex topics

FIXED.......
  • beenwize
    beenwize Members Posts: 2,024 ✭✭
    Options
    beenwize wrote: »

I have nothing more to contribute to this forum rather than follow bambu around and make meaningless comments on complex topics

FIXED.......

U MAD?

I haven't even had time to be on here much lately otherwise I would join the debates and assist others that have been sonning your ass. I been skimming the forums every once in a while seeing u constantly trying to make some type of ancient Egypt related thread of 100% copy/paste Google bs that's not new to anyone. U just on here looking for cosigners since your ? is too weak to form your own opinion on controversial topics as most free thinkers are able to do.

This discussion has been closed.