Lupe Fiasco Confirms Label Support Food and Liquor Part 2, Double Disc Unknown, Potential Release

13»

Comments

• DarthRozay
    DarthRozay Members Posts: 20,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    eyes low wrote: »
    RuffDraft wrote: »
    silverfoxx wrote: »
    TBH i dont know if Atlantic being behind thing is a good or bad thing, we all know their current idea of whats "hot" for current hip hop.

But let me say this, I will MARK THE ? OUT if the intro is that poetry chick speaking, and matthew santos and gemstones, soundtrakk, and the fine tatted up soul singing chick from his old albums are on their. Thats all i need.

P.S. i hope Lupe make ? think on this album, and dont dumb it down like Lasers.

Co-sign the bolded, but I think Atlantic will have received a solid product this time round... the hostility from the last release is not what they need and they got to see that Lupe was already popular for what he was and they basically ate their own words on that release, IMO.

I think the record labels listen to the public, in fairness, they chase the public like the money-grabbing ? that they are. If the public dictates that they thought the last album was weak, then I think they'll back Lupe and appreciate him more as an artist... but maybe I have too much faith in the label... or common sense.

To play devil's advocate here....Atlantic go what it wanted didn't it? A couple of high charting songs, a gold album, Lupe's soul. Plus Lupe looked like a fool blasting his label then when the album does well he started like the album. As much as ppl disliked Lasers it still went gold.

Yeah but his first 2 albums sold well and received critical acclaim
    and look how Atlantic react with Lasers even though he sold well on his first and second album.
  • Washington_Red
    Washington_Red Members Posts: 255
    Can't wait.

Hope he drops this as a double disc and it counts as 2 albums for his label. The sooner he finishes that deal with Atlantic the better.
  • IceBergTaylor
    IceBergTaylor Members Posts: 19,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2012
    $pyda wrote: »
    ^^Bishop G is on FNF and he was on some of Lupe's mixtapes & the Cool. Where the ? you been?

I dont remember anyone called Bishop G. I remember Gemini or Gemstones, whatever the dude was calling himself. He was on Dumb It Down and Little Weapon.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UktEpUM-iMM
  • RuffDraft
    RuffDraft Members, Writer Posts: 4,753 ✭✭✭✭
    Can't wait.

Hope he drops this as a double disc and it counts as 2 albums for his label. The sooner he finishes that deal with Atlantic the better.

Do you think he'll carry on making music after Atlantic?

According to others in this thread, it sounds like it'll be two albums... if this was listening session part 1.

You know Atlantic could be really funny about Part 2 just so they have him for even longer... that second part better be good for Lupe's sake.
  • antarticp
    antarticp Members Posts: 8,688 ✭✭✭✭✭
    $pyda wrote: »
    ^^Bishop G is on FNF and he was on some of Lupe's mixtapes & the Cool. Where the ? you been?

well we can only take his comments with a grain of salt ... thats like asking one of riff raffs buddies how good his album is LOL ;)
  • HustleThaDon
    HustleThaDon Members Posts: 28,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good ? . I don't care if it's a double disc or not. Just wanna hear the old Lupe..
  • BarreGoff
    BarreGoff Members Posts: 326 ✭✭
    Hopefully It's the best combination of Food & Liquor and The Cool.....