R&B in Oklahoma

Options
TimekaTylerPR
TimekaTylerPR Members Posts: 92
edited April 2012 in R&B & Alternatives
So what does everyone think about the talent here in Oklahoma. I am out here and I have been exposed to some pretty talented individuals. Do you think that Oklahoma will be next on the up and coming as far as entertainment is concerned?

Comments

• TimekaTylerPR
    Options
    Here is the hottest R&B artist coming out of Oklahoma right now. OPINIONS.....
    http://youtu.be/8WbMknPwqAM
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • TimekaTylerPR
    Options
    EXAMPLES OF WHAT
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
  • TimekaTylerPR
    Options
    You will soon see. He goes by T-Xclusive, he has some upcoming events that we are preparing for. He is the hottest coming out of Oklahoma right now so definitely be on the look out
  • silverfoxx
    silverfoxx Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 11,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    he doesnt sound bad, actually pretty good. He just needs to ? that cheesy "5 dollars for my new mixtape, hey im just trying to make so check my ? out" name.
  • TimekaTylerPR
    Options
  • TimekaTylerPR
    Options
  • $MoneyMakinMF$
    $MoneyMakinMF$ Members Posts: 75
    edited April 2012
    Options
    aint nobody checkin for no music comin out of Oklahoma...... what they gonna sing abt.... "I cut the head off ur horse (oklahoma version of bust your windows), "grow corn & tomatoes, AT THE SAME DAMN TIME", etc

even if a muhfucca does get recognized in mainstream, theyre gonna rep some other city, i.e. Houston, Dallas, Atlanta, etc

unless u are talkin the Oklahoma City bombing, OKC Thunder (NBA), Univ. of Oklahoma Sooners or Oklahoma State Cowboys (NCAA), then dont nobody give 2 ? abt the state of Oklahoma lol..... so keep that ? in Oklahoma
  • TimekaTylerPR
    Options
    aint nobody checkin for no music comin out of Oklahoma...... what they gonna sing abt.... "I cut the head off ur horse (oklahoma version of bust your windows), "grow corn & tomatoes, AT THE SAME DAMN TIME", etc

even if a muhfucca does get recognized in mainstream, theyre gonna rep some other city, i.e. Houston, Dallas, Atlanta, etc

unless u are talkin the Oklahoma City bombing, OKC Thunder (NBA), Univ. of Oklahoma Sooners or Oklahoma State Cowboys (NCAA), then dont nobody give 2 ? abt the state of Oklahoma lol..... so keep that ? in Oklahoma

WOW SO HARSH!!!! IT SEEMS LIKE YOU ONLY KNOW ABOUT OKLAHOMA WHAT THE MEDIA SAYS. YOU KNOW ABOUT THE WOW FACTORS, YOU ARE REFERRING TO OKLAHOMA AS SO COUNTRY STATE WHICH FURTHER LETS ME KNOW HOW STUPID YOU ARE. DO YOUR RESEARCH AND LISTEN TO SOME OF THEIR MUSIC.......THEN COME BACK ON HERE WITH AN EDUCATED OPINION VS ALL THIS IGNORANCE.
  • caddo man
    caddo man Members Posts: 22,476 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2012
    Options
    The problem with being based in a place like oklahoma is he has no base. Entertainment business is based on networking and production. He can have a certified hit on his hands, but he will have to fly to NYC and LA to get real exposure in front of the people that matter. Investors and producers!!!!!

R&B is a dying industry. It is not like rap where he can have a local following. For him to really prosper, he has to grind extra hard (ex. social media, mixtapes, tour, radio) or move to a place that has a better atmosphere for musicians (ex. Nashville, ATL, NYC, LA, etc.). He has to network and or build a rabid fanbase. Both of those things are hard to do in Oklahoma.

A good example is Tech 9ine. He has been grinding hard as hell in Kansas City. Outside of the midwest no mention. Get one shout out by Lil Wayne. Nationwide fame.

Another example is Ruben Studdard. All the push he had and he can barely get airplay.

He looks still young so steer him towards Pop and start auditioning for a show like American Idol, the voice, Americas got talent, sundays best (dont laugh)!
  • TimekaTylerPR
    Options
    I AM HIS PUBLICIST AND WE ARE WELL AWARE OF THAT, BRANDING HIS NAME ON A NATIONAL LEVEL. AND YES IT IS HARD TO DO IN OKLAHOMA, BUT IT CAN BE DONE. THERE ARE OTHER WAYS IN, OUTSIDE OF USING THESE BIG NAME COMPETITIONS. TECH N9NE IS A WONDERFUL EXAMPLE, HE GRINDS AND THAT IS WHAT IT TAKES, HE WAS DETERMINED AND DETERMINATION GOES A LONG WAY. SPEAKING OF WHAT'S "NOT" IN OKLAHOMA. THERE IS A MUSIC PRODUCER HERE THAT PRODUCES BEATS FOR TECH N9NE!! SPYDA THE WISE MUSICIAN. OKLAHOMA HAS A LOT OF TALENT AND POTENTIAL. IT JUST NEEDS TO BE PUBLICIZED. HE IS YOUNG AND HE IS GOOD. TEXAS HASNT ALWAYS BEEN WHAT TEXAS IS NOW, BUT IT HAPPEN BECAUSE SOMEONE MADE IT HAPPEN. OKLAHOMA IS NEXT
    FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER @TIMEKATYLERPR ADD ME ON THE FACE BOOK @TIMEKA TYLER
  • caddo man
    Options
    I AM HIS PUBLICIST AND WE ARE WELL AWARE OF THAT, BRANDING HIS NAME ON A NATIONAL LEVEL. AND YES IT IS HARD TO DO IN OKLAHOMA, BUT IT CAN BE DONE. THERE ARE OTHER WAYS IN, OUTSIDE OF USING THESE BIG NAME COMPETITIONS. TECH N9NE IS A WONDERFUL EXAMPLE, HE GRINDS AND THAT IS WHAT IT TAKES, HE WAS DETERMINED AND DETERMINATION GOES A LONG WAY. SPEAKING OF WHAT'S "NOT" IN OKLAHOMA. THERE IS A MUSIC PRODUCER HERE THAT PRODUCES BEATS FOR TECH N9NE!! SPYDA THE WISE MUSICIAN. OKLAHOMA HAS A LOT OF TALENT AND POTENTIAL. IT JUST NEEDS TO BE PUBLICIZED. HE IS YOUNG AND HE IS GOOD. TEXAS HASNT ALWAYS BEEN WHAT TEXAS IS NOW, BUT IT HAPPEN BECAUSE SOMEONE MADE IT HAPPEN. OKLAHOMA IS NEXT
    FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER @TIMEKATYLERPR ADD ME ON THE FACE BOOK @TIMEKA TYLER

If you are his publicist, stop typing in text. please!!!!!!! Also check out overseas opportunities. Over there you can do cover songs and tour!

And there are two Texas'. The one that can hold up an artist because of history and the other one that cant even showcase its best representatives.
    Houston can has the ability to showcase its artist because of history and connections. Rap-a-lot was built off of Geto Boys success but that success came from the connection with Rick Rubin. Without Rick Rubin, Geto Boys is still passing out tapes at the Galleria and Rap-a-lot is just another hood label. The other Texas is Dallas. WE see how long Dallas stayed on the map.

Before Oklahoma can get on the map, they have to substain some wins but even then they will not be able to do an Atlanta. ATL has one thing that you need to hold down a industry, INVESTMENT! There are plenty of places that has been in the spotlight but none of them have been able to substain. Right now ATL (hip hop & r&b) is the spot. before that Minneapolis (prince and babyface-LOL! j/k) before that Chicago(rapdelta blues), before that Memphis(blues), before that St Louis(rock and roll). The difference between those places and Oklahoma is people are investing in the industry.
    disclaimer: I didnt bring up NYC and LA because those will always be where music industry exec will stay.

I am about to go business and history, so stop reading here if you like.
    Georgia, Louisiana, and Tennessee has tax credit for digital entertainment. It would seem that it does not include music but it does. Only if you spend over a certain amount and Angel funding (google it).
    If you look at those places they all have one thing in common. Music meccas: Nashville (country music), New Orleans (Jazz), Memphis (blues), Atlanta (hip hop and R&B). HISTORY!!!!!!!! I am sorry to say Oklahoma has neither.
  • caddo man
    Options
    Not saying that Oklahoma cant do it. But he has to get established first and then try to hold up a place.
    Erykah Badu left Dallas.
    David Banner left Mississippi. Brandy also but she never went back.
    Master P left New Orleans.
    Sometimes you have to leave get a better footing in the industry so you can help others later.
  • TimekaTylerPR
    Options
    caddo man wrote: »
    Not saying that Oklahoma cant do it. But he has to get established first and then try to hold up a place.
    Erykah Badu left Dallas.
    Sometimes you have to leave get a better footing in the industry so you can help others later.

Very true but different strokes for different folks. I left New York now I am here. My entry into the entertainment industry is a well thought of plan and it is being executed as we speak. Doing all things through the most high ensures success

• caddo man
    Options
    caddo man wrote: »
    Erykah Badu left Dallas.

Very true but different strokes for different folks. I left New York now I am here. My entry into the entertainment industry is a well thought of plan and it is being executed as we speak. Doing all things through the most high ensures success

I wish you much success in the industry and in life!!!!!!!
    Hopefully your prediction comes true. OKC is a rising city business wise (gas and other industries).
  • TimekaTylerPR
    Options