When Christians use Science to prove Atheist wrong.

Options
Goddammit
Goddammit Members Posts: 87
edited April 2012 in R & R (Religion and Race)
WoW.
My brain is hurting right now.
http://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=64512

Friends-

We all know how much the atheists love their "science". Well, a parent in my congregation sent me this little graphic, one of a series (she's trying to track down the original source). She's hoping to put together a Creation Science home school workbook!

MKyV6.png

I particularly like that the author has done the math in the footnotes.

My favorite
Amen Reverend!

A few years ago, I traveled with my brother and his family to the Grand Canyon in Arizona. It was the usual secular flippity flap from the tour guide about how that little stream of the Colorado River formed the canyon over "millions of years". We rolled our eyes but bit our tongues to not expose the man as the fool he was making of himself.

We know from Scripture that it took just 7 days for the worldwide flood to completely dry up, not "millions of years".

Quote:
Genesis 8:11-13 "And the dove came in to him in the evening; and, lo, in her mouth was an olive leaf pluckt off: so Noah knew that the waters were abated from off the earth.

And he stayed yet other seven days; and sent forth the dove; which returned not again unto him any more.

And it came to pass in the six hundredth and first year, in the first month, the first day of the month, the waters were dried up from off the earth: and Noah removed the covering of the ark, and looked, and, behold, the face of the ground was dry."
To make sure my nieces understood the poison of atheist geology, we recreated the event in the backyard with just a sandbox and water hose to show that that canyon was quickly made in just seven days as the floodwaters receded. And as the Bible says. The smiles on their faces were priceless as they understood where all truth and answers to science come from.

3cGxY.png

Praise ? for the truth.

Look at this response;
Originally Posted by jetrinka
Wow... I mean seriously, wow.....

How in the world can you be serious? Your entire argument is based on the assumption that the amount of fresh water on the earth is a limited resource. How is this true?
You think that there is an unlimited supply of water on the planet?

The opposite of a limited resource is an infinite resource. If the supply of water is infinite, where does it come from? Did ? leave a tap running from Heaven, where He keeps making more water?

? !!!!

Comments

• Drgoo0285
    Drgoo0285 Members Posts: 513 ✭✭
    Options
    i never understood how the bible says that the earth is only 6,000 years old...
  • CracceR
    CracceR Members Posts: 4,346 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    who cares if they wanna liv in lala land
  • Westie
    Westie Members Posts: 12,479 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol!!!!!! Sorry just....wow.
  • damobb2deep
    damobb2deep Members Posts: 19,972 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lol... smh I hate religion threads... (I've made a few but it jus turns 2 a bunch of bickering... the "non believers" try and Throw fact after fact at u to try and complex a simple question that even they can't answer...) (they also fail 2 take into consideration faith/ religion is the basis of science)
  • 2nd chances
    2nd chances Members Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    right..so according to christians. there's no continuity and conservation or energy..or in this case water?

when you drink water..it clearly never comes out the other end ...i get it..we keep on drinking and drinking until ofcourse water runs out ...huh?

or maybe im just confusing their idiotic writing...

and i feel sorry for those kids... df
  • leftcoastkev
    leftcoastkev Members Posts: 6,232 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2012
    Options
    trying to bring logic into a religious debate is like ? with no intention to bust.
    you can start but you just gon go back and forth for nothing in the end.
  • damobb2deep
    Options
    tryna bring logical questions science can't explain also is useless cuz it jus turns into a bickering match... both sides are majorly jus people who pick a side and dont follow blindly... rather u believe or dont is on u... but tryna convince the other side is wrong is useless... both sides have flaws...
  • damobb2deep
    Options
  • Goddammit
    Goddammit Members Posts: 87
    Options
    If mammals drink salt water, they dehydrate and die, right?

Somehow seals, manatees, whales and dolphins stay hydrated. Thank you ? .

And everything you said is both unoriginal and unfounded. Good day.

They dropping jewels.
  • tru_m.a.c
    tru_m.a.c Members Posts: 9,091 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    tryna bring logical questions science can't explain also is useless cuz it jus turns into a bickering match... both sides are majorly jus people who pick a side and dont follow blindly... rather u believe or dont is on u... but tryna convince the other side is wrong is useless... both sides have flaws...

dude you come off as ? in every one of these threads

that st.louis edumacation failed you b

you know zilch about science

• Melanin_Enriched
    Melanin_Enriched Members Posts: 22,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Did this ? really compare the grand canyon to a sandbox?
  • tru_m.a.c
    Options
    Paul told the Athenians, "And He has made from one blood every nation of men to dwell on all the face of the earth" (Acts 17:26). So, yes, we are all related. Eve was formed from the rib of Adam (Genesis 2:21-22), so we are literally all descend from one blood, which is Adam. The notion of race doesn't exist in the Bible; instead it speaks of nationalities which is much more accurate. This is why any human male can produce children with any human female, we are all of one family.

http://lavistachurchofchrist.org/LVanswers/2006/01-17c.htm

• fiat_money
    fiat_money Members Posts: 16,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Classic ? .

INB4 people actually believe it.
  • damobb2deep
    Options
    I can sound dumb 2 u ? that's yo opinion... but i'm jus staying my opinion lol... how can a opinion be dumb... I bet u can't prove i'm wrong tho lbvs...
  • tru_m.a.c
    Options
    The Bible nev er says in the beginning there were only Adam and Eve.

Go have a look.

In Genesis 1 ? creates mankind.

Then in Genesis 2 he rests, then after he rested does he create Adam and Eve.

Adam and Eve were created on the eigth day, which we know was roughly 6,000 years ago. We know this because the bible gives us Adam's geneaology, but we also know that the earth is much older than that. Thus Adam was not the first man.

The trees in the garden of Eden represent other nations. The Bible explains this to us.
    It says for example that the Seders of Lebanon were in Eden.
    It says also that the Pharaoh was in Eden. etc. etc.

Ezekiel 31:9
    I have made him fair by the multitude of his branches: so that all the trees of Eden, that were in the garden of ? , envied him.

Trees do not feel envy

There were other nations on the earth that were not in Eden.
    This is where Cain found a wife and built his cities. If yu do not understand the bible it is because the holy spirit has not shoen you the truth.

http://www.godlikeproductions.com/forum1/message1747560/pg1

lmao there's so much wrong with this quote....ugh time for work
  • tru_m.a.c
    Options
    how can a opinion be dumb...

the ? ???

? you are the epitome of a ?
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    CeLLaR-DooR Members Posts: 18,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    tru_m.a.c wrote: »

the ? ???

? you are the epitome of a ?

Grinds my gears when ? say, "My opinion can't be wrong...Its my opinion..blah blah"

• damobb2deep
    Options
    explain 2 Me how a opinion can be wrong.... lol
  • Amotekun
    Amotekun Members Posts: 7,820 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Wrong forum dun move this ? to R&R

• BiblicalAtheist
    BiblicalAtheist Members Posts: 15,668 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    But science if from the devil and no matter how much you try and explain it, you'll still be the adversary trying to knock them off their pedestal.
  • Amotekun
    Amotekun Members Posts: 7,820 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Duns ? is the the Supreme Scientist. Imagine what a human could do if they could utilize the full potential of the mind...

Magic, miracles, supernatural manifestations are only sciences that the human mind cannot comprehend yet.

S.C. Clarke a famous science fiction author wrote about subjects that presently are facts today.

I won't argue for or against the bible, but I think man's arrogance in declaring that their is no being of higher intelligence or even deified intelligence to just be idiotic. We still have yet to discover all there is to be discovered on this one planet, but can declare what is and what isn't for the WHOLE universe.

? to me has be a being of supreme intellect and science and could make the finest mortal minds look like a bunch of ? playing in mud.

For science to ? on religion and vice versa is completely wrong of both, because both disciplines involve a certain amount of faith in order to progress.
  • a.mann
    a.mann Members Posts: 19,746 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2012
    Options

when it's obvious you pulling out your ass?
  • nex gin
    nex gin Members Posts: 10,698 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2012
    Options
    Did this ? really compare the grand canyon to a sandbox?

Indeed she did.....
    Bible Thumpers (1) Atheists (0)
    smdh.......
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Now all it's missing is a chicken evolving into a shark and language being in your DNA.
  • BK Product
    BK Product Members Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    explain 2 Me how a opinion can be wrong.... lol

In my opinion the sky is made of marbles.....