The real reason people like "Wack" rappers , The answer is simpler than you think

124»

Comments

• Supreme_Mind999
    Supreme_Mind999 Members Posts: 5,185 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sion. wrote: »
    I agree fam. Pac & DMX wasnt the most lyrical ? in the game but ? could relate to them on an emotional level.

Funny tho, seems like that element of emotion is dead now thanks to these ? who are characters playin somebody they aint (i.e. Rick Ross).

Music is something you feel, thats why I think ? like DMX, Eazy E, 50 Cent or Ice Cube were so successful with the masses. You could find a million more rappers that were better than them technically but couldn't sell a record or hold a crowd's attention. Charisma man..... I swear that ? is missing today :(

Wateva X was lyrical..X and pac told stories in rhyme..Most punk ass rappers can't do it..Today's mainstream artist just spews random punchlines about nothing

• young_reezy
    young_reezy Members Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree fam. Pac & DMX wasnt the most lyrical ? in the game but ? could relate to them on an emotional level.

Funny tho, seems like that element of emotion is dead now thanks to these ? who are characters playin somebody they aint (i.e. Rick Ross).

Music is something you feel, thats why I think ? like DMX, Eazy E, 50 Cent or Ice Cube were so successful with the masses. You could find a million more rappers that were better than them technically but couldn't sell a record or hold a crowd's attention. Charisma man..... I swear that ? is missing today :(

Wateva X was lyrical..X and pac told stories in rhyme..Most punk ass rappers can't do it..Today's mainstream artist just spews random punchlines about nothing

Exactly, people get the word lyrics confused with wordplay acrobatics. The song content is more random now because thats how the listeners thought process has been conditioned to think.

• blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator

Rappers have ALWAYS played characters they aren't...hell go listen to Rapper's Delight...you think they had all that ? they talked about? Hell the 3rd verse is ghost written...
  • FucktheIC
    FucktheIC Members Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭✭✭
    LMAO at fans of Nas, Jay-Z and 80's hip hop saying "people are followers."

Yup, definitely bucking a trend. It's not like those people don't have millions of fans.
  • blackbloc
    blackbloc Members Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2012
    t/s is way off , you basically just gave the reason why people love music from their teens years and always see it as better then anything before or out now . if an artist music doesn't give you a emotional response why listen? if you looking for some of knowledge/education pick up a book
  • MC The Rapper
    MC The Rapper Members Posts: 8,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    blackbloc wrote: »
    t/s is way off , you basically just gave the reason why people love music from their teens years and always see it as better then anything before or out now . if an artist music doesn't give you a emotional response why listen? if you looking for some of knowledge/education pick up a book

Just making people think about why they like something.
  • FucktheIC
    FucktheIC Members Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭✭✭
    blackbloc wrote: »

Exactly, I've never understood that ? .

I listen to "wack" music b/c it's entertaining. Nothing more, nothing less.
  • BarreGoff
    BarreGoff Members Posts: 326 ✭✭
    absolutely agree