Comments

• king hassan
    king hassan Members Posts: 22,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Man just let those dead people be dead and RIP. The ? , smh
  • rapmastermind
    rapmastermind Members Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I dont think this will be at all. it may be good here and there but a bunch of fans will consider it disrespectful to their fav artist. there is no interaction with the crowd at all. u are basically just watching a video.

That's what I'm saying, it won't be full concerts of Holograms, that would just be crazy, but performances here or there. But hey in the future, who knows the point is the technology is there and this performance proved it. Got Pac's motions down really well. Remember, after what Hollywood did with Gollum, Avatar and other visual effects, they have the technology to do it very realistic. Again as far as exploitation, what do you call posthumous albums and songs? Pac nor Biggie wanted a lot of that material out which is why it was in a vault while they were alive. MJ definitely didn't want that trash album "Michael" they put out released.
  • DarthRozay
    DarthRozay Members Posts: 20,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    GeE-757 wrote: »
    yeah, 2Pac was an irrational ? that would have stayed mad for more than 15 years

tupac would have plenty of reasonz 2 still b ? ;d @ ? dre 2DAY especially since alize sign;d a RACIST CRACKA pac wouldve kick;d ? azz drez azz!
    no way man. eminem produced one of his albums. they would've been best of buds
  • GeE-757
    GeE-757 Members Posts: 6,441
    Options
    no way man. eminem produced one of his albums. they would've been best of buds

yeah ha,..
  • High Revolutionary
    High Revolutionary Members Posts: 3,729 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Who owns 2pac's masters?

Cause as long as it's mainly 2pac's friends and family profiting from this, I don't see a problem.

• I.B. Blackman
    I.B. Blackman Members Posts: 3,323 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Man just let those dead people be dead and RIP. The ? , smh

10hiz2r.jpg

......My thoughts exactly.
  • rapmastermind
    Options
    Who owns 2pac's masters?

Cause as long as it's mainly 2pac's friends and family profiting from this, I don't see a problem.

Tupac's mother owns his masters and judging by the fact she let Eminem ruin his discography and dropped some average pothusmous LP's, she's not doing the greatest job but that's her son and she has the right to do whatever she wants. She obviously approved this or it wouldn't of happen.

GUGqv.png

"2 NOTORIOUS FOR HIP HOP: HOLOGRAM CONCERT COMING TO A CITY NEAR YOU IN 2014"

I can see it now, lol.
  • Gucci Scott King
    Gucci Scott King Members Posts: 883 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Only Tron can judge me

rwtEX.gif
  • GeE-757
    GeE-757 Members Posts: 6,441
    Options
    Tupac's mother owns his masters and judging by the fact she let Eminem ruin his discography and dropped some average pothusmous LP's, she's not doing the greatest job but that's her son and she has the right to do whatever she wants. She obviously approved this or it wouldn't of happen.

GUGqv.png

"2 NOTORIOUS FOR HIP HOP: HOLOGRAM CONCERT COMING TO A CITY NEAR YOU IN 2014"

I can see it now, lol.

smh@ da bold...PATHETIC!
  • semi-auto-mato
    semi-auto-mato Members Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I dont think this will be at all. it may be good here and there but a bunch of fans will consider it disrespectful to their fav artist. there is no interaction with the crowd at all. u are basically just watching a video.

That's what I'm saying, it won't be full concerts of Holograms, that would just be crazy, but performances here or there. But hey in the future, who knows the point is the technology is there and this performance proved it. Got Pac's motions down really well. Remember, after what Hollywood did with Gollum, Avatar and other visual effects, they have the technology to do it very realistic. Again as far as exploitation, what do you call posthumous albums and songs? Pac nor Biggie wanted a lot of that material out which is why it was in a vault while they were alive. MJ definitely didn't want that trash album "Michael" they put out released.

Yeah im with u...they did a real good job with the image and movements.
  • Turfaholic
    Turfaholic Members Posts: 20,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Tupac the GOAT

but ? looks good on camera. Crowd didnt get loud or hyped so it was prolly ass cheeks live.
  • Gucci Scott King
    Gucci Scott King Members Posts: 883 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Turfaholic wrote: »
    Tupac the GOAT

but ? looks good on camera. Crowd didnt get loud or hyped so it was prolly ass cheeks live.

Nah, I heard that they were shocked
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14 Members Posts: 15,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Tupac the GOAT

Its one thing to see the concert live and another to see how the fans look from a stream. Just like if you have every been to a pro sporting event they make sure mics are far away and quiet as possible up close while just getting a broad overall sound from the crowd.

I have seen sporting events and concerts i have went to on tv rebroadcasted or online and the sound difference or feel is completely different.

• rapmastermind
    Options
    Tupac the GOAT

From what I saw it sounded like the crowd was in disbelief. I would of been too. It's like when you saw the Dinosaurs in "Jurassic Park", you weren't expecting the T-Rex to look that real. I wasn't expecting the hologram to be that realistic from video, I can't even imagine what the crowd thought. Again it's like you are seeing the Ghost of Pac, it's very errie. Also I'm not saying the effects were Jurassic Park level, just a comparison of you not expecting it to look that good. I'm blown away by the whole thing.

• RickyRich
    RickyRich Members Posts: 13,062 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Tupac the GOAT

From what I saw it sounded like the crowd was in disbelief. I would of been too. It's like when you saw the Dinosaurs in "Jurassic Park", you weren't expecting the T-Rex to look that real. I wasn't expecting the hologram to be that realistic from video, I can't even imagine what the crowd thought. Again it's like you are seeing the Ghost of Pac, it's very errie. Also I'm not saying the effects were Jurassic Park level, just a comparison of you not expecting it to look that good. I'm blown away by the whole thing.

i think it caught alot of people off guard . most def i would feel shocked and speechless seeing pac up on stage even tho thats just hologram of him . Alot of ppl didt rlly get to see him perform like me so it would def leave ppl speechless .
  • RickyRich
    Options
    it would be crazy if went quite and all you heard was some one fartin
  • Nah Son
    Nah Son Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 9,367 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So how the ? did they really put this together? Is that taken from old concert footage and imported as a whole or did they create the whole thing from scratch? I need a making-of of this ? .
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Part of me is like this is dope
    Another part is like let him RIP

But I don't think this is going away, they have been working on holograms for awhile...now its spread to the music industry.

In 30 yrs you'll be able to go to your city holodome to go see any artist dead or alive perform
  • RickyRich
    Options
    ca21 wrote: »
    So how the ? did they really put this together? Is that taken from old concert footage and imported as a whole or did they create the whole thing from scratch? I need a making-of of this ? .

ya im lost on how they did that ?
  • rapmastermind
    edited April 2012
    Options
    ca21 wrote: »

Judging from the video this was clearly done with Motion Capture. They do it in video games and movies. They probably got someone to copy Pac's movements in motion capture and they super imposed his image in CGI-computer graphics. The voice is his and digitally remastered. It's crazy how technology has come this far.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1wK1Ixr-UmM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dTisU4dibSc
  • 2Fresh2def
    2Fresh2def Members Posts: 935 ✭✭✭
    Options
    the ? pretty ? creepy to me, i would not wanna be on stage with a hologram dead person, plus it gotta make his mom pretty sad beacuse its kinda like false hope cuz he aint really here...... smh @ hip hop, just let the ? rest
  • RickyRich
    Options
    mna its shock to see that ? didt make thru that bullshyt .
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? is creepy as ? to me, i would probably get nightmares from watching that ? live.
  • popbeijing
    popbeijing Members Posts: 123 ✭✭
    Options
    dumb stupid ? . this hip hop ? is getting worse day by day i tell ya...let the past go for petes sake....hes ? dead...
  • RickyRich
    Options
    popbeijing wrote: »
    dumb stupid ? . this hip hop ? is getting worse day by day i tell ya...let the past go for petes sake....hes ? dead...

why you mad tho?