The I Watched Recently Thread *possible spoilers*

Options

Comments

• rapmastermind
    rapmastermind Members Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2012
    Options
    The last 2 days I've watched a few movies
    Moneyball..it was really good one of the best sports films I've seen in a while
    Green Lantern...it was aight could've been better but I do hope they make a 2
    Haywire...didn't really like this at all
    Battle Royale...finally saw this movie I had never watched it before, and I had heard so much about it and I thought it was a very good movie

Gotta see Money Ball, heard nothing but good things about it. Green Lantern ended up better than I thought. Haven't seen Haywire. Battle Royale is a Classic. I saw "Hunger Games" and they clearly bit Battle Royale. "Hunger Games" is nothing more than a watered down PG Battle Royale.

Battle_royale_pochette.jpg

GRADE - A
  • ocelot
    ocelot Members Posts: 10,019 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Thor was ? ... F- to me...
  • kingofbama205
    kingofbama205 Members Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sherlock Holmes 2.....man this movie was good..so much better than the 1st..this one had great action scenes it was funny and the ending was classic
  • inthacut
    inthacut Members Posts: 955 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2012
    Options
    i just watched drive again the other day and i would have to agree, that was one of the best movies of last year. The Director and whoever scored the film did a great job.
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    yo rapmastermind did leonardo played good in j.edgar?
  • Well Got Dam
    Well Got Dam Members Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    one of the dopest movies ive seen a minute was Limitless with that one Hangover movie ? , ? was surprising too me
  • rapmastermind
    Options
    MR.CJ wrote: »
    yo rapmastermind did leonardo played good in j.edgar?

I love Leo, I really do, he's clearly one of the best actors of my generation. But I fully understand why he didn't get the oscar nod for "J. Edgar", the movie was all over the place. When it was getting bad reviews, I though the critics where hating on Leo and Clint but the movie was underwhelming, they just didn't understand how to tell his story to me. The make-up when he was older was terrible, looked way to much like Leo. Plus they mixed in the whole ? storyline, even though it was suppose to be true but the way they did it was a little weak. Overall I wasn't impressed and I love Clint as a director, he's been on fire in the 2000's but this was his miss. Leo will get his Oscar for "The Great Gatsby", I don't think he will get one for the Tarantino film cause it's going to be very controversial. But I do see Leo getting an Oscar in the next 4 years.
  • rapmastermind
    edited April 2012
    Options
    DAMITT wrote: »
    one of the dopest movies ive seen a minute was Limitless with that one Hangover movie ? , ? was surprising too me

I loved "Limitless" cause it surprised me too, sure there were a few corny parts but I liked it cause the whole movie just took a dark turn I wasn't expecting.
    Sherlock Holmes 2.....man this movie was good..so much better than the 1st..this one had great action scenes it was funny and the ending was classic

I loved the 1st one but I didn't give this one a chance but everyone is telling me it was just as good as 1st, so I will watch it on DVD.
    ocelot wrote: »
    Thor was ? ... F- to me...

"Thor" was so over hyped by comic fans last summer, I thought I was going to see one of the best origin films and I left feeling empty. Don't get me wrong when they were on Thor's planet It was very ILL the whole Earth aspect was so watered down. I hope his character is done some justice in "Avengers".
  • jonlakadeadmic
    jonlakadeadmic Members Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • CitySojourner
    CitySojourner Members Posts: 689 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i thought captain america was boring as ? ...D grade

Yeah, people kept telling me how good it was, but I thought it was lame-nothing that exciting about it. The director is too middle of the road, hopefully for the next one they get a more stylish director.

J. edgar I avoided because Clint Eastwood is a garbage director. Mystic River and a couple others were good, but he gets away with way too much garbage. After watching that movie where he plays the racist I gave up on him. Leonardo is good though, and he usually picks good movies to do. Even Arlington Road, which I though I would hate, ended up being pretty good.

Limitless was surprisingly good and well directed. Robert Deniro needs to retire from acting though-he ? up his legacy.

For those who haven't seen it "The Mechanic" was a good film.

• Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I liked contagion

And drive...ryan gosling just say "hey........kid........u........blink.....ed
    And he left the million in the parking lot come on bruh
  • MAKAVELI25
    MAKAVELI25 Members Posts: 5,595 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    "Drive" is incredibly overrated. It's not a bad movie or anything, but the amount of fanfare for it is proof that people are sheep
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I saw Drive late last year on IMAX

I thought it was decent; solid sound effects, editing, photography and the cool retro soundtrack and I watched it high. The film was made by a European so it didn't follow usual Hollywood style mechanisms.

Gone Baby Gone I saw 4 years ago. Affleck can make movies. The Town was good as well. His third film as director will be released this year I think
  • Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I did this Oz and The Sopranos earlier. Good series that kind of lost it towards the end.
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2012
    Options
    One film I recommend on BluRay and not for internet viewing is ...

Tree-of-Life-Movie-Poster.jpg
  • lighthearted26
    lighthearted26 Members Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Memoirs of a geisha just proves you will always be disappointed when reading the book before you see the movie.
  • loch121
    loch121 Members Posts: 12,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2012
    Options
    Everything about Drive is dope except the plot.I kept waiting on some twist to make the plot not so unoriginal.

it was a bad attempt at making a Good,Bad,and The Ugly Spaghetti Western, ? Bill type of movie, but the characters had no backstory and the end was just wack.

from the hype I expected more from the movie than a regular shoot em up.I love the music and the camera work and I think that's why ppl like it, but I saw several movies with better plots last yr

That intro music had me thinking I was bout to see some ? .I'm jacking that ?
  • In Your Moms Room
    In Your Moms Room Members Posts: 7,383 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2012
    Options
    I watched Drive last night. It was good. Gosling whispers half the time though, that ? erked me. i'd give it a 7/10.

I watched Grand Tureno on Thursday. It was really good. Didn't expect it to turn out how it did. 8/10.

I watched Shame on Monday or Tuesday. It's actually really good. Kinda depressing. Real crazy, had a sex scene that last a good 5/10 minutes. If you can get past the dangling ? in your face the first 5 minutes of the movie you will like it.8/10

• In Your Moms Room
    Options
    rip.dilla wrote: »
    One film I recommend on BluRay and not for internet viewing is ...

Tree-of-Life-Movie-Poster.jpg

WACK. as. ? .
  • dogfromduckhunt
    dogfromduckhunt Members Posts: 694 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Season 3 of Blue Mountain State. Don't know if the shows just gotten old, but s3 was terrible.

MI Ghost Protocol. Thought it was great. All the trailers I saw kinda ruined it, but still good. Felt like an hour 45 of straight action, then 10 minutes of paula patton in that dress, then back to the action. Was a good villain too. Didn't know why people hated the guy. Much better team that the third movie had.
  • clairvoyance
    clairvoyance Members Posts: 2,751 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @rapmastermind
    how did he show off his skills by making two sharp turns and pulling into a parking garage?
    when I saw that I was smh in disbelief like thats it? I agree I think Drive is overated. Havnt seen thor but is it really worse than Captain America? Between that and ironman 2 I refuse to watch again.

Only new movie I seen recently was Cabin In The Woods,thought the constant flipping back between the control room and the cabin just for cheap laughs became too redundant and the rediculous over exaggerated twist ending made matters worse.
  • In Your Moms Room
    Options
    @rapmastermind
    how did he show off his skills by making two sharp turns and pulling into a parking garage?
    when I saw that I was smh in disbelief like thats it? I agree I think Drive is overated. Havnt seen thor but is it really worse than Captain America? Between that and ironman 2 I refuse to watch again.

Only new movie I seen recently was Cabin In The Woods,thought the constant flipping back between the control room and the cabin just for cheap laughs became too redundant and the rediculous over exaggerated twist ending made matters worse.

Yes. Thor really is worse then Cap. America. Thor is terrible. Cap. America is average at best.

I c/s what you said about Drive for the most part. There wasn't a whole lot of driving. Kind of a misleading title, but still a solid story line.
  • rapmastermind
    Options
    @rapmastermind

LOL, you simplifying it, he did more than that, he proved how in control he was how he kept him calm in such a pressure situation, how he had it all mapped out in his head. This always was a foreshadow to his whole character. Wither there was much Driving in the film are not doesn't matter cause to me the theme was way bigger than just driving a car. Like I said, I really enjoyed the film, I could see someone not liking it but to me it was really dope and different than what i've seen recently. I would recommend it to anyone and the few people I have told about it all called me to thank me cause they hadn't seen a good movie in awhile.
  • rapmastermind
    edited April 2012
    Options

24449__480x400_trespass-2011.jpg

Grade - D

Nic Cage might need to hang it up, he's terrible right now. How you got 2 Oscar Winners and can't make a good movie. This was TV movie status. Joel Schumacher career been dead since he destoryed the Batman franchise, stay away from this.
  • Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Avoid the movie contraband