Aquaman.

Options
Lou Cypher
Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited April 2012 in Quite Comical
Nobody likes him. I thought he was stupid as hell when i first started getting into heroes/comics. but the guys in the new 52 that do the aquaman comic are doing a damn good job. Anyone reading it? i think its pretty damn dope and gives me a whole new respect for the guy, so far in Justice League he hasnt had to much of an impact. just the sharks jumpin out the water. Anyone know some good stories involving him? or a book where he showed some dope skill? Or whats your opinion on the new 52 aquaman?

Comments

• VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I haven't finished it fully yet, 2012 Lou, in the process
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nice! I read up to issue 18 but picked it back up at 47. Been following it since.
  • Splackavelli
    Splackavelli Members Posts: 18,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I don't get why he was such a joke in the first place. He's almost as strong as Superman. He's a king. It must be those old super friends cartoon . That's the reason spent it's a common joke that all he does is swim and talk to fish. Even in those old super friends shows there was an episode where he swam across three ocean surface carrying a 1ton block of cement on his shoulder. How many internet geeks who these jokes can do that?. I forgot to mention that he's also a formidable hand to hand combatantand was a one time leader of the justice league.
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The only people who thought he was a joke were people who never read an Aquaman comic book. Anybody who did knew he was thrill decades before Geoff Johns ever wrote an Aquaman comic.

? his title was one of the ones that introduced something like his arch nemesis murderimg his child years before it became fashionable for superhero comics to become grim dark and trauma oriented.
  • Splackavelli
    Splackavelli Members Posts: 18,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    oh yeah and that justice league line up when he was leading was trill. they were mostly second stringers but they still kicked ass. that run introduced vibe, and vixen , gypsy and this white cyborg named steele. the core members were aquaman zatanna martian manhunter and the elongicated man. firestorm comes back to the team a few issues later.

vibe in the comics is paco ramon and he was a puerto rican breakdancing ex gangmember lol. he had a stereotypical accent like tony montana. he talked like: yo wassup man chu wanna battle? lol. some one on youtube said paco and cisco are both nick names for Francisco is this true?
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Cisco definitely is shorthand for Francisco. I never thought of Paco that way but I guess it could be like Bob to Robert or ? to Richard.
  • zzombie
    zzombie Members Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    There really needs to an omnibus of the peter David run on aqua-man from the 90's should also include the Atlantis chronicles mini-series
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options