Comments

• the_focused_one
    the_focused_one Members Posts: 560 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    "Panic Button Ready Sir..."
  • infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    Options
    Damn 75 k.....Drake increased from his 1st album to his 2nd album, Nicki lost fans
  • bankrupt baller
    bankrupt baller Members Posts: 12,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ^ she gets mad as ? when people say shes bitting laddy gaga
  • YamoleySensei
    YamoleySensei Members Posts: 8,508 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    the Queen of Hip Hop, Pop and R&B will easily bounce back from this....she's only a hit or 2 away from receiving another platinum plaque.....
    all hail Queen Nicki ^:)^
  • GeE-757
    GeE-757 Members Posts: 6,441
    Options
    damn everybodyz 2nd wk numberz b lookin krazy now
  • Cutler 26 INT's LOL!
    Cutler 26 INT's LOL! Members Posts: 7,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Thats what she get for that "Spaceships" ? she puttin out...

• southernmade
    southernmade Members Posts: 2,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I think that Grammy performance ? her up......she had a chance to grab the music industry by the throat and she blew it....even throwing 2chainz (arguably the hottest ? out) on a record didn't help her. Are her overall sales bad? Of course not...but she definately lost some fans from the last album...
  • ThaCerealKilla
    ThaCerealKilla Members Posts: 450 ✭✭✭
    Options
    I think that Grammy performance ? her up......she had a chance to grab the music industry by the throat and she blew it....even throwing 2chainz (arguably the hottest ? out) on a record didn't help her. Are her overall sales bad? Of course not...but she definately lost some fans from the last album...

Yes + that dumb "stupid hoe" song she released as her a single didn't help neither.
  • southernmade
    Options

Yes + that dumb "stupid hoe" song she released as her a single didn't help neither.

horrible street single....don't know what the ? her team was thinking with that one....
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What did i tell ya'll, 75k to a tee. lol
  • dc's teflondon
    dc's teflondon Members Posts: 5,895 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    female rappers get that one album that does well; then its downhill from there and add to the fact people ain't hyper about her gimmick and finally realized she not that nice..baby already made his money off her so he ain't trippin
  • Lab Baby
    Lab Baby Members Posts: 8,154 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    N/H @ me knowing this... peep around 8:20

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvb7QY6YW7Y

She basically sayin she'd rather make them moves for the money than to get props on the streets... bet she regrets saying that now.
  • southernmade
    Options
    female rappers get that one album that does well; then its downhill from there and add to the fact people ain't hyper about her gimmick and finally realized she not that nice..baby already made his money off her so he ain't trippin

No, female rappers with a gimmick....Missy had a 4 or 5 album run...all outselling the previous....until she put at that "Cook Book" ? ....that wasn't a very good album at all....
  • willhustle
    willhustle Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 6,550 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Well I read hitsdailydouble and it had her 2nd week sales at 44,000+ w/55% in. Either way that's one hell of a drop off and a bad one at that. How you go from 252k to just 75k if it fell that low she's gone have a hard time going Gold.
  • Lab Baby
    Options

Sheeiit, every Missy album went at least platinum. Queen Latifah and Eve got some under their belts too. It's the hoes that fall into that super duper star ego and count their eggs before they hatch, then when they fall off they can't come back.
  • dc's teflondon
    dc's teflondon Members Posts: 5,895 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

No, female rappers with a gimmick....Missy had a 4 or 5 album run...all outselling the previous....until she put at that "Cook Book" ? ....that wasn't a very good album at all....

missy is more than a rapper..she sings and does other ? ..look what happened to kim, foxy, eve, etc
  • H-Rap 180
    H-Rap 180 Members Posts: 15,452 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2012
    Options

I'm going to have to agree with you, she did the Halftime at the Superbowl with Madonna and she had the worlds attention at the Grammys and she blew it with that horrible performance.

Some people say her Grammy performance was sacrilegious but we can all agree that it wasn't HipHop and it got her a lot of bad press.

I think the novelty of being the "new female rapper" kinda wore off but with that said I think she has a very voluptuous figure and I could possibly see myself performing ? on her upon her exiting a bubble-bath at a swank Hotel.

Check the article doe.

Album Sales Hit Lowest Number In 21st Century

Music sales have been declining for years. However, sales numbers0 hit a record low recently, plummeted to the lowest number in 12 years.

According to Music Week, overall LP figures over the last week were 27.62% down with week-on-week sales, totaling just over 1.44 million.

Compared to figures of 1,882,878 for the same week last year, that's a drop of 23.19%. Overall, last week's numbers are lower than any of the 640 previous weeks that have elapsed since the year 2000.

This comes despite Adele's 21 hitting #1 for 22nd week, giving her a 23 career weeks at the top slot, overtaking a record jointly-held by David Bowie and Dire Straits.

The British songbird has one week that 19 spent at #1, plus 22 weeks for her 21 album.

However, sales for 21 this week were just 22,235, and still manages to reach #1, the lowest for a chart-topping album for 11 weeks.

Despite the fall and a drop of 5.40% for week-on-week sales for singles over the last week, sales of singles have actually increased overall, with figures up by 11.89% compared with this time last year.

Album Sales Hit Lowest Number In 21st Century | BALLERSTATUS.com

• southernmade
    Options

missy is more than a rapper..she sings and does other ? ..look what happened to kim, foxy, eve, etc

Thats why I compared her to Nicki more so than the other females....Nicki sings too or some variation of singing lol...Kim had at least two...Eve had two I believe....Foxy ehhh not so much.

• Lab Baby
    Options

Cookbook was dope as hell

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gQ28BSSQHEs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wHV5E-lpme4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vrI-X4uKDIQ

It was a little on the R&B side, but still dope.
  • southernmade
    Options
    ^ Wasn't feeling it homie and I ? with Missy...
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Simple answer her fans not feeling the music.
  • KINGEC
    KINGEC Members Posts: 7,833 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So when the sextape droppin?