Nick Minaj moves 75K 2nd week down 70%

Options

Comments

• SlickestR
    SlickestR Members Posts: 2,787 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    SlickestR wrote: »
    honestly, from listening to that Nicki interview with that ? from Breakfast Club, when she was talking about the blueprint for female emcees and how nobody has made one, i believe that Lil Kim or Foxy Brown could of set that blueprint...

Lil Kim if she kept going with the music, she coulda been like 10 albums deep by now and probably would of had at least 6 platinum album ESPECIALLY when the beef with her and "Roman" was popping off.... She shoulda dropped an album on that hoe after the "Black Friday" Mixtape...

Or better yet, make that her album. Between her and Foxy, Kim had more potential to make it happen, Foxy on the other hand was getting into too much trouble and ? .... but even she could of bounce back with another album.. but them females were on some other wild and crazy ? .

Nicki shoulda really got into acting or doing tv if she really wanted to get out her crazy side and leave Mixtape Nicki for music..
    eve would of been the best example of a female rapper going big time. eve did that tv show and then when she went back to the music thing she had already lost her fanbase, and lost her hunger for rap by then.

i think at a certain age or time, female rappers die out because they have so many avenues and they just steer away from music to do other things and forget all about the music. It's like they're not interested in it no more. As well as the upkeep with their age and thier image in the media..
  • rapmastermind
    rapmastermind Members Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    nah that can't be a right , lmfao if it is

Nope, this week probably under 15k. This is not going Platinum, I said it from the beginning. LOL @ Falling off commercially when you are MORE popular than when you dropped. It's clear this album turned off not just Hip Hop fans but Pop fan's ain't buying it either. Sure "Starships" did well as a ringtone but the album is not doing well. How you dropping this hard and you got how many songs and videos on rotation? The album sucked and the Lil Kim comparisons should end now. Kim didn't fall off until like her 4th album. This also shows me Drake should get a little props, he could of very well been in this same position but he did grow artistically on his 2nd album and didn't try to change to dramatically and the fans rewarded him.
  • Lab Baby
    Lab Baby Members Posts: 8,154 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Week1: 250k
    Week 2: 79k
    Week 3: 49k
    Week 4: 33k

=410K

Week 5:

9 27 NICKI MINAJ PINK FRIDAY... ROMAN RELOADED YM/CM/UNIVERSAL REPUBLIC 3,896 (NOW IN: 52.57%)

Wow It's over for this LP.

No ? way. I DEMAND you check that again.

*rubs hands Birdman style waiting impatiently for Nicki's sextape*
  • SlickestR
    SlickestR Members Posts: 2,787 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    FuriousOne wrote: »

I think that Azealia is only going to get the attention from the indie fan base.. Her sound is not commercial at all, she's just another alternative rapper.. she makes Rave music, she's just apart of the wave of these new age fusion rappers.
  • rapmastermind
    edited May 2012
    Options
    I was wrong, It's 54% in, this is selling less than 10k in her 5th week. It's over. International sales ain't saving it either. How she go from #9 on the charts to damn near 30. It's falling fast.

• Lab Baby
    Lab Baby Members Posts: 8,154 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I was wrong, It's 54% in, this is selling less than 10k in her 5th week. It's over. International sales ain't saving it either. How she go from #9 on the charts to damn near 30. It's falling fast.

See, I knew you missed something... she's not selling 4k, she's selling 8k... get your facts straight ? #teamnicki

Wait...
  • HailBlackMary
    HailBlackMary Members Posts: 93
    Options
    Falling off is often what happens to people who get into music for money and not for the love of making quality music that will stand the test of time. There are excepts like P Diddy who is a mastermind hustler at worse a shrew businessman at best. But generally phonies get found out and disappear. The term artist is so overused nowadays. An artist makes something special/original/creative/classic, that which will garner them fame and respect long after they leave this world.
  • 704Hustla
    704Hustla Members Posts: 838 ✭✭✭
    Options
    never really listened to her anyway
  • N YO HOOD
    N YO HOOD Members Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    She's not that great of a singer
  • DaBull
    DaBull Members Posts: 9,261 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • loch121
    loch121 Members Posts: 12,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That awkward moment when Nikki and Gaga see each other at the kroger and they're wearing the same outfit
  • TheBossman
    TheBossman Members Posts: 19,796 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2012
    Options
    N YO HOOD wrote: »
    She's not that great of a singer

thats a GOAT post because she is a rapper lol
  • TheBossman
    TheBossman Members Posts: 19,796 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2012
    Options
  • Billy_Poncho
    Billy_Poncho Members Posts: 22,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Them ? be buyin they own albums
  • EturnalRap
    EturnalRap Members Posts: 16
    Options
    she has another cd? is that what that "stupid hoe" song was from. not my favorite song though
  • Gen. Stasia
    Gen. Stasia Members Posts: 2,074 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    She better get on her Goobs Back to the Drawing Board ? because she fell off. Welp time for me to drop my mixtape.

Still think she can come back on her 3rd album but she gonna have to totally reinvent herself.
  • blackbloc
    blackbloc Members Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    nicki should of just kept jacking lil kim instead of selling out to the fullest extent a so called spitter has ever done
  • Plap Sun
    Plap Sun Members Posts: 966 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    thank ?

lets get this ? out the game

i cant stand seeing these hoes go full ? to sing her verse
  • rapmastermind
    Options
    Well, finals numbers went up a bit:

9 17 NICKI MINAJ ROMAN RELOADED YM/CM/UNIVERSAL REPUBLIC 19,048 -41%

That puts her at about 430k after 5 weeks. She will crawl past Gold and won't go much futher than that. Under 10k next week for sure. She better release another single but even Take Care is holding better and it's been on the charts way longer.
  • antarticp
    antarticp Members Posts: 8,688 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    H-Rap 180 wrote: »

Despite the fall and a drop of 5.40% for week-on-week sales for singles over the last week, sales of singles have actually increased overall, with figures up by 11.89% compared with this time last year.

Album Sales Hit Lowest Number In 21st Century | BALLERSTATUS.com

and thats prob the reason why the industry is quick to sign a rapper who can make great singles vs signing one with great singles with a great album to go along with it ..........
  • rapmastermind
    Options
    antarticp wrote: »
    H-Rap 180 wrote: »

Despite the fall and a drop of 5.40% for week-on-week sales for singles over the last week, sales of singles have actually increased overall, with figures up by 11.89% compared with this time last year.

Album Sales Hit Lowest Number In 21st Century | BALLERSTATUS.com

and thats prob the reason why the industry is quick to sign a rapper who can make great singles vs signing one with great singles with a great album to go along with it ..........

The era of "ALBUMS" is pretty much dead if you don't have an established fanbase or your not a brand. This is why the game is filled with "SINGLES" artist. Haven't heard a complete or good album in a long time especially in Hip Hop. This is why I don't buy albums anymore, artist aren't even trying to drop some quality. Esco, Hov, Ye and Outkast if they ever make albums can get my money, anyone else is a wait and see approach.

• Disciplined InSight
    Disciplined InSight Members Posts: 13,478 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I've already told ya'll...I'm surprised she lasted this long.
  • Co_Town_Michael
    Co_Town_Michael Members Posts: 5,551 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I went to Hastings earlier and seen literally 30 copies of this ? album sitting on the shelves untouched.
    Nicki lost.
  • GeE-757
    GeE-757 Members Posts: 6,441
    Options

That puts her at about 430k after 5 weeks. She will crawl past Gold and won't go much futher than that. Under 10k next week for sure. She better release another single but even Take Care is holding better and it's been on the charts way longer.

lol didnt take care do like 600k da 1st wk?...
  • Mr.LV
    Mr.LV Members Posts: 14,089 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    GeE-757 wrote: »

lol didnt take care do like 600k da 1st wk?...
    Yeah Drake sold 600k in a week but we all know Drake is much better artist than nicki by miles.