Da Official True Blood Season 5 Thread

Comments

• truth_juice
    truth_juice Members Posts: 270 ✭✭
    Just a question. Isnt this based off a book? So how can we knock the producers? Unless they are deviating from the original story.
  • zombie
    zombie Members Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    zombie wrote: »
    Eric is fast, but not that fast . Not fast enough to grab a bottle of blood from bill from across the room. bill already had the bottle up to his mouth. not to mention that bill has been on a steady diet of human blood. while eric was out flying with his sister. russell was the only one fast enough to do that people are over estimating the power levels of the characters.
    You really believe that bruh? How did you come to this conclusion?

My conclusion came from eric being like 7x older than bill. Also he's been handling bill every time they got into it. He whooped bills ass several times right after he finished feeding and when he wasn't feeding.

Eric is fast but not that fast, yes eric can beat bill in a fight but eric is not the flash you are over estimating his power level and quite frankly eric wanted to pull bill back from the darkside not ? him. If Age was the end all be all of power then bill never would have survived any of the fights that he has had with older vamps and eric never would have been able to stake russell. vamps are fast but not as fast as people are making them out to be.
  • zombie
    It took Bill what? A couple seconds to drink all the blood. Eric can probably run half a mile in that time, so I'm sure he wouldn't a problem crossing the room.

HE IS NOT THAT FAST.
  • Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just a question. Isnt this based off a book? So how can we knock the producers? Unless they are deviating from the original story.
    Its been deviated from heavily.

Okay Lillith was talking to all of them, telling them they all are the chosen one. But then Bill drinks it and now he's Lillith? So Lillith is real and not made up? Who the ? is Lillith cause we still don't really know.
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It took Bill what? A couple seconds to drink all the blood. Eric can probably run half a mile in that time, so I'm sure he wouldn't a problem crossing the room.

HE IS NOT THAT FAST.

How you figure? We've seen vampires cross a room and ? people before they had time to react. Hell, in that very episode we saw Eric take out a room full of vampires before any of them could do anything. A room full of VAMPIRES. After seeing that, you're telling me he wasn't fast enough to run across the room and knock the blood out of Bill's hand. lol That doesn't even make sense.
    Will Munny wrote: »

Okay Lillith was talking to all of them, telling them they all are the chosen one. But then Bill drinks it and now he's Lillith? So Lillith is real and not made up? Who the ? is Lillith cause we still don't really know.

I was wondering this too. At first I thought she was just some kind of hallucination. Now I think she might be a real "Devil" like figure, that was looking for a proxy. Based on what Salome said, I'm guessing Lilith showed herself to all of them to see who would have what it took to be her top dog.
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    to me Eric is definitely fast enough. While Bill was talking to sookie Eric should have hit the speed burst button
  • BK Product
    BK Product Members Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2012
    Eric is fast, but not that fast . Not fast enough to grab a bottle of blood from bill from across the room. bill already had the bottle up to his mouth. not to mention that bill has been on a steady diet of human blood. while eric was out flying with his sister. russell was the only one fast enough to do that people are over estimating the power levels of the characters.

My conclusion came from eric being like 7x older than bill. Also he's been handling bill every time they got into it. He whooped bills ass several times right after he finished feeding and when he wasn't feeding.

Eric is fast but not that fast, yes eric can beat bill in a fight but eric is not the flash you are over estimating his power level and quite frankly eric wanted to pull bill back from the darkside not ? him. If Age was the end all be all of power then bill never would have survived any of the fights that he has had with older vamps and eric never would have been able to stake russell. vamps are fast but not as fast as people are making them out to be.

unless im mistaken he didnt ? Russel... the fairies did.. he absorbed too much of their light.
  • jaxn
    jaxn Members Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭✭
    BK Product wrote: »

unless im mistaken he didnt ? Russel... the fairies did.. he absorbed too much of their light.

Eric staked him..he just caught Russel off guad. Russel was too enamored by the fairies to notice Eric coming at him
  • jaxn

HE IS NOT THAT FAST.
    sure he is..like others have said. Eric just killed a room filled with vampires before any of them could react..let's just say Eric didn't take the vial from Bill because it would've prevented the progression of the storyline.
  • jaxn

Age is the end all be all. If you're referring to him killing Salome and the authority member, i mean you have to take in consideration he poisoned Salome and killed the other guy while he was jackin' off to Lillith's blood..that's not realy saying much for Bill. Eric staked Russell because Russell was too focused on the abundance of fairies he just came across.
  • zombie

Nope eric killed him russel turned to ? like all vamps who get stuck.
  • zombie

HE IS NOT THAT FAST.

How you figure? We've seen vampires cross a room and ? people before they had time to react. Hell, in that very episode we saw Eric take out a room full of vampires before any of them could do anything. A room full of VAMPIRES. After seeing that, you're telling me he wasn't fast enough to run across the room and knock the blood out of Bill's hand. lol That doesn't even make sense.
    Will Munny wrote: »

I was wondering this too. At first I thought she was just some kind of hallucination. Now I think she might be a real "Devil" like figure, that was looking for a proxy. Based on what Salome said, I'm guessing Lilith showed herself to all of them to see who would have what it took to be her top dog.

Eric had help from his sister and he got the jump on the guards by surprise. i have all seen all the episodes of this show, the only vampire who could have grabbed the bottle from bill without killing him was russel if eric was that fast the first fight bill had on this show with eric would have lasted 2 seconds. ERIC was in the doorway bill was across the room and sookie was inbetween them. from i have seen eric is not fast enough to get to bill in time.
  • zombie
    jaxn wrote: »

HE IS NOT THAT FAST.
    sure he is..like others have said. Eric just killed a room filled with vampires before any of them could react..let's just say Eric didn't take the vial from Bill because it would've prevented the progression of the storyline.

or lets say eric just was not fast enough nor was it his intention to fight bill which is what he would of had to do to get the bottle away from bill. all eric wanted to do was bring bill back from his maddness.
  • sdotcarter111
    sdotcarter111 Members Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2012
    Eric could have easily grabbed that bottle, True BLood always has vamps do stupid ? to further the storyline though.

Tell me im not the only one who was waitin for Bill to smack Sookie's simple ass when she stepped up to him. Cant stand that dumb ? .

Salome ol jewy sexy ass coulda got it one last time.
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Eric had help from his sister and he got the jump on the guards by surprise. i have all seen all the episodes of this show, the only vampire who could have grabbed the bottle from bill without killing him was russel if eric was that fast the first fight bill had on this show with eric would have lasted 2 seconds. ERIC was in the doorway bill was across the room and sookie was inbetween them. from i have seen eric is not fast enough to get to bill in time.

You serious? We not talking about what his sister helped do. They literally showed Eric take out like 6 guards singlehandedly in a matter of a couple of seconds. It doesn't matter that he caught them by surprise. The fact is he was able to take out multiple vampires in one go without any of them noticing. If he was fast enough to do that, he was fast enough to move across the room and knock the vial out of Bill's hand.

You said you've watched every episode. If that's the case I don't see how you can downplay Vampire speed so much. Pretty much any vampire could have traveled that distance in a fraction of a second. That means pretty much any vampire would have had a chance of stopping him while he was distracted by Sookie. Eric is stronger and faster than most vampires, so he definitely would have been able to do it.
  • major pain
    major pain Members Posts: 10,293 ✭✭✭✭✭
    yall really arguing about this?
  • BK Product
    ill have to watch again i guess... i saw all the light and blood i assumed it was from the fairies...
  • BK Product
    edited August 2012
    the reason Eric didn't run up on Bill is because they needed a cliff hanger for next season... that is all.
  • PILL_COSBY
    PILL_COSBY Members Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2012
    i saw all the light and blood i assumed it was from the fairies...
    Yo, I saw that too. I don't ever remember seeing something like that happen before. Maybe it means something or maybe that is what happens after you ? a vamper full of fairy blood?
  • PaperPlaneJane
    PaperPlaneJane Members Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yo, I saw that too. I don't ever remember seeing something like that happen before. Maybe it means something or maybe that is what happens after you ? a vamper full of fairy blood?

I wouldn't be suprised if some how he reassembled himself because of all the fairy energy he consumed and came back next season. LOL.
  • PILL_COSBY
    PILL_COSBY Members Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭✭✭

I wouldn't be suprised if some how he reassembled himself because of all the fairy energy he consumed and came back next season. LOL.
    That would be the ? . My little brother thought the elder fairy set russel up. He thinks she felt eric coming and distracted russel long enough until he got there. I think it was just fairy magic and russel thought he bit her. She couldn't have got clapped that fast lol.

• PaperPlaneJane

That would be the ? . My little brother thought the elder fairy set russel up. He thinks she felt eric coming and distracted russel long enough until he got there. I think it was just fairy magic and russel thought he bit her. She couldn't have got clapped that fast lol.

Naw she got clapped that fast...remember Vampires almost put Fairies into extinction thats why they have to hide. If it were a younger vamp like say Bill, Pam or Jessica...then she probably could have killed them with her powers since she was an elder fairy. But ancient vamps like Russell and maybe even Eric since he's over 1000 yrs old, would be to fast & strong for her.

• young_belvi
    young_belvi Members Posts: 732 ✭✭✭✭✭
    As for Eric knocking the vial out of Bill hands...It's not like we all knew what the blood would do to Bill. Eric just wanted to talk him out of the crazy ish he's been on. Everybody been dipping in that blood all season, so I think Eric could have fought Bill for it if he wanted to, I just don't think Eric gave that much of a ? . It was Bill's decision to make if he truly wanted to drink it all...But once Eric saw what happened after that swig I bet he wished he had did more to stop him from drinking it.
  • PaperPlaneJane
    edited August 2012
    As for Eric knocking the vial out of Bill hands...It's not like we all knew what the blood would do to Bill. Eric just wanted to talk him out of the crazy ish he's been on. Everybody been dipping in that blood all season, so I think Eric could have fought Bill for it if he wanted to, I just don't think Eric gave that much of a ? . It was Bill's decision to make if he truly wanted to drink it all...But once Eric saw what happened after that swig I bet he wished he had did more to stop him from drinking it.

Yeah I agree that he probably didn't care that much to just knock it out of his hand. I think Eric mostly wanted to get back to the Authority once he realized Pam was captured. He just added Bill into the rescue mission as a way to get Sookie & Jason to help. I think he knew Bill was all the way gone off that Lillith blood but cared enough at least to bring Sookie to try and talk him out of it. I think he felt like he owed him that much to do that but he wasn't finna go all out and force him to come with them....he gave him a choice.

• BK Product
    after watching the Russel death scene again:

I think they filmed it that way on purpose... they showed the "fairy light", they showed Eric with a stake to Russ's chest but they didnt show the actual stab like they did in most other vamp death scenes..kinda leads me to believe they got some type of swerve coming.

Wonder what happens to rev Newlin?

Wonder what type of strength and or powers "Bilith" will have?

Will be interesting to see what happens with Andy's fairy babies?