I'm thinking about buying a Tahoe..

Options
So ILL
So ILL Members Posts: 16,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited April 2012 in Let Me Ride
I just rode by a used car lot and saw it. It's a '98, 4X4, The sticker says there are 115,000 miles on it....I even checked the gas mileage on it just now and it gets 15 miles per gallon on average. I think I'm gonna check it out sometime this week...

Thoughts?

Comments

• King_MOEbra
    King_MOEbra Members Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That's a lot of mileage on that truck, even though it's 14 years old.
  • So ILL
    edited April 2012
    Options
    That's a lot of mileage on that truck, even though it's 14 years old.

I thought so too, at first, but the mileage seems pretty good for it's age and price. They only want $6,000 for it. And I've seen people driving them pretty good at around 200,000 miles.
  • _Menace_
    _Menace_ Members, Writer Posts: 26,613 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    15mpg? on the highway or city?
  • So ILL
    Options
    _Menace_ wrote: »
    15mpg? on the highway or city?

Highway..
  • Matt-
    Matt- Members Posts: 21,585 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    that gas mileage is woat. i am in the market for a truck, and came across the new tahoe hybrids, but even those i think only get maybe 20-25mpg
  • So ILL
    Options
    matt- wrote: »
    that gas mileage is woat. i am in the market for a truck, and came across the new tahoe hybrids, but even those i think only get maybe 20-25mpg

Over 20 is good for a truck that big. The one I'm looking at is an older truck so I wasn't expecting it to get anymore than like 15-16 on the highway. Those big trucks ain't gonna get great mileage on them, especially with the current price on gas.
  • _Menace_
    _Menace_ Members, Writer Posts: 26,613 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    My aunt has a 02 suburban and its similar to a Tahoe it costs her 100$ every time she fills up.

I dont know where you stand financially,but that will be a ? to pay to fill up the tank.
  • So ILL
    Options
    _Menace_ wrote: »
    My aunt has a 02 suburban and its similar to a Tahoe it costs her 100$ every time she fills up.

I dont know where you stand financially,but that will be a ? to pay to fill up the tank.

It would be a real ? to fill up. I test drove it earlier and it ran well, but that ? is a gas guzzler, for real. I drove it for about 20 minutes and I can only imagine how sad I'd be after a road trip smh lol....I'm probably not gonna run that ? ...
  • dwade206
    dwade206 Members Posts: 11,558 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Why the ? would you buy a Tahoe when gas is resembling cognac prices a gallon?
  • So ILL
    Options
    dwade206 wrote: »

? said Cognac prices lmao....U ain't lying, though...

That's the main reason why I'm not buying it..
  • King_MOEbra
    King_MOEbra Members Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I had to give you a GOAT for that one. LMMFAO!
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options

19579.gif
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
    so bad broad who lives next door pushes a 2007/2008 joint broad is like 32 bad as ? ? just waiting for any slight flirting from her end...be hittin it in the back seat of that ?