Was the first Mortal Kombat movie the best Game-> Movie adaptaion?

[Deleted User]
[Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
edited April 2012 in Lights, Camera, Action!
The user and all related content has been deleted.

Comments

• themadlionsfan
    themadlionsfan Members Posts: 9,133 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would say so.....to bad the second one sucked......
  • rapmastermind
    rapmastermind Members Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2012
    Yes the 1st Mortal Kombat was the best, I saw it when I was about 15, loved it.

Mario Bros - Disgraceful and an Atrocity
    Prince of Persia - A ? Mess
    Tomb Raider 1 - Probably 2nd Place, Tomb Raider 2 - Weak
    Street Fighter - Watched it one time and never watched it again, lol at Guile being the main character and Ken and Ryu being supporting cast. Soundtrack was fire though
    Dead or Alive - TV Movie status
    Mortal Kombat: Annihilation - Weak
    Resident Evil - Stop making sequels enough is enough
    Doom- SMH @ the Rock
    Final Fantasy - the animation was good but the movie was average
    Double Dragon - They really couldn't of been serious when they did this.

It's sucks that Hollywood just can't make good video game movies. The characters in games are so ILL and we have the effects. Super Mario would be Epic if done right. Zelda could be on Lord of the Rings status if done right. After all these movies I wish Hollywood would stop making video game films.
  • [Deleted User]
  • huey
    huey Members Posts: 11,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    i was so young when it came out but mk movie was the ? to me when i was kid....Doom wasnt that bad imo
  • [Deleted User]
  • ocelot
    ocelot Members Posts: 10,019 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I thought Doom was funny...
    but yeah MK was the GOAT
  • CottonCitySlim
    CottonCitySlim Members Posts: 7,063 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep mk is still the gold standard, silent hill was good. Lesson here is stick close to source material you will do good, take liberties and you fail
  • CitySojourner
    CitySojourner Members Posts: 689 ✭✭✭✭
    what about silent hill?
    DoA should have had bustier girls.
    ? is this euro model ? ?

i own double dragon on vhs and dvd...

Silent Hill was really good, flawed, but still good.

• ocelot
    The problem is Hollywood doesnt take games seriously...

If a ? of War movie is made I want the people that made the game to be heavily involved...
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    CeLLaR-DooR Members Posts: 18,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
    MK the GOAT...Which says a lot about the ridiculously subpar video game movies that have been released

And I don't see why its so hard...Its not like before, when games had little to no storylines...These days games are as intricate as any other medium...Save for books
  • jay83
    jay83 Members Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2012
    How do you make this thread and not post the reptile lui kang fight?

But yeah you are right.

The feeling you got when you first saw scorpion and subzero walk through those doors on that boat as a kid= priceless.

Mortal Kombat 2 was a result of listening to the fan boys and trying to fit every single character from the game in the movie somehow. just a disaster. and Jax was just laughable.

• themadlionsfan
    jay83 wrote: »
    How do you make this thread and not post the reptile lui kang fight?

But yeah you are right.

The feeling you got when you first saw scorpion and subzero walk through those doors on that boat as a kid= priceless.

Mortal Kombat 2 was a result of listening to the fan boys and trying to fit every single character from the game in the movie somehow. just a disaster. and Jax was just laughable.

yup....thats what I always said about MK2.....they simply tried to do too much...and the end result was aweful.....should have just focused on a few characters from the 2nd game and came with a cohesive story....lmao @ shao khan and raiden being brothers
  • bankrupt baller
    bankrupt baller Members Posts: 12,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    are they making a new mortal kombat?
  • stoneface
    stoneface Members Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2012
    Yeah , MK is the best. The choreography is what put it over the top. Silent Hill was solid, too, though.
  • Mr. 66Hundred
    Mr. 66Hundred Members Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭
    are they making a new mortal kombat?

supposedly
    and that old ass dude that played the original Scorpion is still throwin his name in there to play Scorpion in the updated version smh ? must not have ? else goin in his life
  • CracceR
    CracceR Members Posts: 4,346 ✭✭✭✭✭
    silent hill is by far the best game->movie adaptation
  • jay83
    jay83 Members Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭✭✭
    CracceR wrote: »

maybe i didnt really play the game but I thought that movie was just strange and weird. I finsihed watching the movie like "what did I just watch?" But if the game was like the movie then damn.

and Alone in the dark is the worst movie ever, maybe even worst than House of the Dead.(at least hotd was at least laughably bad)
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    mk1 was decent but all them other movies based on video games leave me saying wtf did i just see
  • themadlionsfan
    jay83 wrote: »
    CracceR wrote: »

maybe i didnt really play the game but I thought that movie was just strange and weird. I finsihed watching the movie like "what did I just watch?" But if the game was like the movie then damn.

and Alone in the dark is the worst movie ever, maybe even worst than House of the Dead.(at least hotd was at least laughably bad)

House Of The Dead.....how that pile of heaping...steaming horseshit got green lighted for theaters is beyond me.....? is easi;y one of the worst movies I have ever seen.....one of the few movies I've walked out on......how that ? didn't head straight to dvd is beyond me...
  • dontdiedontkillanyon
    dontdiedontkillanyon Members Posts: 10,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2012
    Silent Hill is the best we've had so far. The film has the look and the atmosphere of the games spot on (the cinematography was great), it's just the moment you're introduced to the other townspeople that the film falls apart and never really recovers. That, and the fact the film just isn't very scary. Just hoping the sequel improves on the original and we actually get a good film this time around.
  • dontdiedontkillanyon
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I didnt think silent hill was that great. maybe it was because i never played the game or didnt see it until i was 17. That ? gettin ? by barbed wire was grimy tho. Mortal Kombat was dope. i actually liked the 2nd one too lol.
  • ocelot
    How was Max Payne with Marky Mark and Luda?
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sucked. that movie was ? .
  • dontdiedontkillanyon
    ocelot wrote: »
    How was Max Payne with Marky Mark and Luda?

? film.