Dragon's Dogma Demo Drops Today - Impressions?

Options
focus
focus Members Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited April 2012 in IllGaming
DragonsDogma.jpg
Dragon's Dogma is an upcoming action role-playing game that is being developed by Capcom for the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360. The game features an open world fantasy setting, in addition to hack and slash and survival horror elements, and is planned to be released in North America on May 22, 2012, May 25, 2012 in Europe, and May 24, 2012 in Japan. The game is being developed by staff members that had worked on previous Capcom franchises such as Resident Evil, Devil May Cry, and Breath of Fire.

Whet your appetite with a taste of the high fantasy, open world action that Dragon's Dogma has to offer in this demo. Battle as an Arisen of the past or rid the countryside of a fearsome magickal beast -- the choice is yours. Use the robust character creation tool to customize your Arisen and main ? , play them in the Countryside Quest now, and import them into the full game later. From height to hairstyle, eye color to nose shape, mold your heroes as you see fit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HYbH25f36Qg

Comments

• satyrone
    satyrone Members Posts: 4,696 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    im about to download right now.
  • satyrone
    Options
    so i jus got done playing the demo and its cool. but i thouht you were able to level up your custom character a lil bit for the full version of the game
  • Alkindus
    Alkindus Members Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭
    Options
    lol forgot this was out

*rushes to the Ps3 for download
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Played it yesterday. It was cool. I like the way your group follows you around and has their own individual roles. I like hopping on top of the giant monsters and hacking away at their head. Def gonna get this game. Maybe wait for a slight price drop tho.
  • satyrone
    Options
    Lou Cypher wrote: »
    Played it yesterday. It was cool. I like the way your group follows you around and has their own individual roles. I like hopping on top of the giant monsters and hacking away at their head. Def gonna get this game. Maybe wait for a slight price drop tho.

yea i like that too. the AI characters actually help you which is cool. yea its mos def a cop for me too.
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    satyrone wrote: »
    Lou Cypher wrote: »

yea i like that too. the AI characters actually help you which is cool. yea its mos def a cop for me too.

Took me forever to find out how to heal lol, i thought the mage would cast a spell on me. then after dying so many times i realise the mage casts the white orb nearby and you gotta run to it. Def anxious to see what kind of story this will have. Prolly gonna be some epic ass battles. i also wonder how many pawns you can have at one time.
  • bankrupt baller
    bankrupt baller Members Posts: 12,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    sounds like a snoozer
  • dallas' 4 eva
    dallas' 4 eva Members Posts: 11,216 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Pickin it up first day. Gonna go pre order tomorrow.
  • Alkindus
    Alkindus Members Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Yeah I know I'm late but game is ? lol. I like the jumping/grabbles and the overal combat mechanics. The pawns/followers are quite lively to, probably gonna spend the first several hours hesitating between what type of class I'm gonna play the game with, usually play sword/shield style but the bow/daggers combo is sick in this game.

first day cop no doubt