Comments

• atribecalledgabi
    atribecalledgabi Members, Moderators Posts: 14,063 Regulator
    Options
    search him. then i'll ? you.
  • clairvoyance
    clairvoyance Members Posts: 2,751 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Saw this again yesterday and I dislike this movie more than when I saw it the first time especially bane.......everything this thread praises bane for I couldnt stand about him. But I still think that rooftop scene between cat/bat should of been drawn out longer, that should of been the show down but it cuts short with that bat score cueing in which kills me everytime. Bane approaching with his operatic score was tight and bat/cat side by side was ol school classic ish, should of told his men to drop the weapons for a one on one plus it was at night it was the perfect setting. The first actual showdown is lackluster 2nd time seeing it. I want a bane reboot imo he wasnt done with justice in this,bane was too much of a terrorist/emcee rather than a brawler which I wanted to see more of. They could of done way more with bane...way more. If they have to incorporate CGI for us to get the venom so be it, If he has to get his hulk on just a lil bit bring it on.

And I saw dkr twice was not really by choice dont feel like explaining. Im done w/ this thread though...
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    CeLLaR-DooR Members Posts: 18,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Saw this again yesterday and I dislike this movie more than when I saw it the first time especially bane.......everything this thread praises bane for I couldnt stand about him. But I still think that rooftop scene between cat/bat should of been drawn out longer, that should of been the show down but it cuts short with that bat score cueing in which kills me everytime. Bane approaching with his operatic score was tight and bat/cat side by side was ol school classic ish, should of told his men to drop the weapons for a one on one plus it was at night it was the perfect setting. The first actual showdown is lackluster 2nd time seeing it. I want a bane reboot imo he wasnt done with justice in this,bane was too much of a terrorist/emcee rather than a brawler which I wanted to see more of. They could of done way more with bane...way more. If they have to incorporate CGI for us to get the venom so be it, If he has to get his hulk on just a lil bit bring it on.

And I saw dkr twice was not really by choice dont feel like explaining. Im done w/ this thread though...

Yo man...I totally understand...And you're expressin' your opinions in the correct manner...none of that 'this ? is wack' silliness that other detractors came with..

This post is a perfect example of how you can't please everyone....
  • Fly society513
    Fly society513 Members Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The first fight scene between bane and batman jumped into my top 3 of all time fight scenes in a movie. From when that gate closes then batman turning around, the the silence besides the water falling in the background, mane's quotables as their fighting and that final shot of that ? bane walking away holding part of the mask then tossing it.
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    CeLLaR-DooR Members Posts: 18,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The first fight scene between bane and batman jumped into my top 3 of all time fight scenes in a movie. From when that gate closes then batman turning around, the the silence besides the water falling in the background, mane's quotables as their fighting and that final shot of that ? bane walking away holding part of the mask then tossing it.

The arrogance...Didn't even think about keepin' it as a trophy...? looked at it...and dismissed it...Like the Bat was nothin'...
  • A.J. Trillzynski
    A.J. Trillzynski Members Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    gonna watch this again on Imax Saturday night they still got late showings.. will be my 3rd time, also saw TDK 3 times in the theatre.
  • RawAce
    RawAce Members Posts: 4,800 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    rofl @ how much bickering went on in this thread
    ? reminded me of the old men in the barbershop on Coming To America

but still,
    i will never get over how broke bruce wayne jus escaped a prison in the middle east and then made it back to gotham.

i jus chalk it up to maybe he pick pocketed his way back home using the skills he learned as a thief before
  • focus
    focus Members Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Are we at a point now were we can all agree that this movie was trash, or is it still too soon for some?
  • evoljeanyes
    evoljeanyes Members Posts: 3,740 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? was garbage truck juice...
  • texas409
    texas409 Members Posts: 20,854 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lol ? was aggy when dudes said this was ass cheeks

smh I was so hype about seeing this too scust
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Someone on this forum said all three films are "masterpieces" .. .

:-S
  • CracceR
    CracceR Members Posts: 4,346 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    imo in terms of nolan movies the prestige, inception>>>>batman trilogy
  • Karl.
    Karl. Members Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    CracceR wrote: »
    imo in terms of nolan movies the prestige, inception>>>>batman trilogy

I'd put Memento before Inception.
  • evoljeanyes
    Options
    ? said momento over inception ahahaha...? please
  • rip.dilla
    Options
    Memento is easily Nolan's best film and cost 10 times less the budget of Inception and TDKR .. Insomnia comes a close second

Dude's movies started going over the 2 hour mark .. Becoming way too tedious
  • evoljeanyes
    Options
    Inception is one of the most phenomenal films are made...momento is tight, but its no where near better than inception. Y'all can no-sign me all you want. It's not BETTER. We can go with facts if you'd like.
  • rip.dilla
    Options
    Inception was boring as hell and pretentious .. .

Only good thing about that film was the cinematography and FX .. . talking about "dreams" every ? 5 minutes.

LOL
  • marc123
    marc123 Members Posts: 16,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I pressed stop on the dvd once i realized the movie was about dreams and never went back.
  • CracceR
    CracceR Members Posts: 4,346 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    iono man i like a movie about dreams, i dream every night multiple times
    and the fx were crazy
    i have never seen memento or insomnia tho
  • marc123
    marc123 Members Posts: 16,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    CracceR wrote: »
    iono man i like a movie about dreams, i dream every night multiple times
    and the fx were crazy
    i have never seen memento or insomnia tho

Menemento is a must watch.

• Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2013
    Options
    Inception was like a big budget remake of the themes from Memento but without any of the charm and an even colder and less sympathetic ? lead character. Insomnia wasn't really all that good either though. Only Nolan movies I liked besides his first 2 Batman joints were Memento and The Prestige.
  • DarthRozay
    DarthRozay Members Posts: 20,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    All Nolan's movies are dope imo. Top 5 directors for me. I'm excited to see his next movie, even though I know nada about it.
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm excited to see his next movie, even though I know nada about it.

Interstellar: "The film features a team of space travelers going through a wormhole."

Good enough for me. I like that type of sci-fi ? .

I could name 5 directors I think are better than Nolan right now though. Don't know if he'd even make my top 10 but at least he tries to do more with mainstream films now.