Happy 17th Birthday "The Infamous", Does this album ever get OLD????

Options
2»

Comments

• Florence52
    Florence52 Members Posts: 7
    Options
    on "Drink away the pain". The interludes were dope too. There isn't a single weak song on the album. I couldn't find one. So props to Hav and P for dropping this avatar4.jpg
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? never gets old. i remember hearing this ? like oh ? they dissing redman on one of the interludes

rapping noyd was my ? too.
  • king hassan
    king hassan Members Posts: 22,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Man Q-Tip did a lot more on this album than we thought huh. And I have a gang of those samples at the crib. Those beats made me go dig. That's why I love hiphop
  • idoitforhiphop10
    idoitforhiphop10 Members Posts: 5,973 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Prodigy pre Jay-Z beef was top 5 DOA. Even Jay himself would tell u that. Why you think he sampled P's voice for the D'Evils hook. Havoc always was versatile with his production. Listen to the Infamous, than Hell On Earth and Murda Muzik, they all have a new/innovative sound. They're also one of the only duos to go platinum makin straight street anthems. Mobb Deep is the GOAT duo.
  • idoitforhiphop10
    edited April 2012
    Options
    Prodigy pre Jay-Z beef was top 5 DOA. He had oe of the most distinctive/grimmy deliveries ever, which made his lyrics that much more vivid. Even Jay himself would tell u that. Why you think he sampled P's voice for the D'Evils hook and millons of other rappers would sample P's lyrics. Havoc always was versatile with his production. Listen to the Infamous, than Hell On Earth and Murda Muzik, they all have a new/innovative sound. They're also one of the only duos to go platinum makin straight street anthems. Mobb Deep is the GOAT duo.
  • idoitforhiphop10
    Options
    my bad about the double post.
  • rapmastermind
    rapmastermind Members Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    There is an argument that "The Infamous" is better than "Reasonable Doubt". But I can not put it over "ILLmatic or Ready To Die".
  • idoitforhiphop10
    Options
    There is an argument that "The Infamous" is better than "Reasonable Doubt". But I can not put it over "ILLmatic or Ready To Die".

It is better than RD to me. I like the production on the Infamous better than illmatic and RTD. They're all kneck in kneck as far as lyricism. All got the same formula of vivd storytellin.
  • a_list
    a_list Members Posts: 4,886 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

i'd put the infamous over rtd, the rest is a coin toss....pretty even to me
  • DMTxTHC
    DMTxTHC Members Posts: 14,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2012
    Options
    It's crazy that Matty C who introduced Puff to Big was the executive producer of "The Infamous", he was also responsible for doing Big's unsigned hype article. Anyways, that's cool Big like "Temperature's Rising" cause it's easily one of my fav's off the album. The storytellin was dope. I also loved the fact that they admitted "The Infamous" did influence Cuban Linx and that the recording of "Eye for an Eye" lead to "Verbal Intercourse". Mind you this album had Rae on 2 tracks and Ghost too. Both articles were great, Complex did a good job. Amazing album. When you think about it Mobb is more underrated than anything. This is why my generation holds on to these albums. Will any of you guys from this generation be able to go back 17 years and play the stuff now straight through like "The Infamous"?, doubtful.

Yes, I remember when I stumbled upon that album back in middle school during the snap-ringtone era, around 05. That album (along with Illmatic, OB4CL, 36 Chambers and RTD) helped me gain interest in Hip-Hop from the 90s. I bootlegged thousands of songs from Limewire over the years.

...You're right, most albums released in the past several years don't that much replay value, if any at all. I think a few albums such as American Gangster and Graduation will stand the test of time though.

And I think both The Infamous and Hell On Earth is better than RD.
  • rapmastermind
    Options
    Hearing albums like this remind me why I feel in love with Hip Hop, too bad I have to go back to this to find that love.
  • *~queenbee~*
    *~queenbee~* Members Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I love that whole album except for that ? awful track Right Back You with Raekwon and Ghostface.
    I wouldn't compare The Infamous to any other album that dropped around that time because to me they are all equally classics. Aside from RD, RTD, OB4CL, Illmatic, etc., all having an unique east coast sound they brought something different to the culture.
  • rapmastermind
    edited April 2012
    Options
    I love that whole album except for that ? awful track Right Back You with Raekwon and Ghostface.
    I wouldn't compare The Infamous to any other album that dropped around that time because to me they are all equally classics. Aside from RD, RTD, OB4CL, Illmatic, etc., all having an unique east coast sound they brought something different to the culture.

"Right back At you" was hard to me, I think everyone went in but this was the version that was suppose to be on the album and in my opinion should of made the album but they didn't want two songs with the same title and at that time Wu was really popular so they wanted Ghost and Rae more so they put in on the Sunset Park Soundtrack and called it "Back At You", Classic outtake from the "Infamous" album, the beat is clearly Infamous style Mobb:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nONljL8LSXA

• BarreGoff
    BarreGoff Members Posts: 326 ✭✭
    Options
  • playboy buddy rose
    playboy buddy rose Members Posts: 2,844 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    bein a brooklyn nigguh i was always jealous of the other boroughs... queens had mobb deep, staten island had wu tang, bronx had bdp, manhattan had dipset, even long island had eric b & rakim,epmd,& public enemy but brooklyn outside of the beastie boys never had that one group that was at that superstar status... gang starr & m.o.p. were & boot camp click were goodbut not necessarily great.
  • SneakDZA
    SneakDZA Members Posts: 11,223 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    bein a brooklyn nigguh i was always jealous of the other boroughs... queens had mobb deep, staten island had wu tang, bronx had bdp, manhattan had dipset, even long island had eric b & rakim,epmd,& public enemy but brooklyn outside of the beastie boys never had that one group that was at that superstar status... gang starr & m.o.p. were & boot camp click were goodbut not necessarily great.

you can't be serious right now.

brooklyn pass revoked.