Django Unchained First Screens (Picture) + Details

Options
darkrain
darkrain Members Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭
edited June 2012 in Lights, Camera, Action!

Comments

• MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • kingofbama205
    kingofbama205 Members Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jesus christ...I just got a ? .
  • bankrupt baller
    bankrupt baller Members Posts: 12,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • darkrain
    Options
    MR.CJ wrote: »
    i see frogs

WTF?......why it doesn't work? what did I do wrong?

Just click the source link so you will the picture and article.
  • The Prime Minister
    The Prime Minister Members Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I just hope there's a lot of killing in it.
  • PanchoYoSancho
    PanchoYoSancho Members Posts: 13,177 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • rapmastermind
    rapmastermind Members Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2012
    Options
    Those shots look pretty good. I read the script online and I think this will clearly be his most controverial film of his career. Black Issues are always complicated especially when dealing with Slavery. Only "The Roots" was about to capture the accuracy of the time. Based on the script I could see people complaining about it, it has rapings, slave fight pits and Dogs eating slaves. Also again a lot of slave ? in it. I think the cast is amazing like all Tarantino films but he needs to be careful cause he got a lot of flack for the whole "? Storage" fiasco in "Pulp Fiction" and you know "? " will be said 1,000 times in this one. But the photos look dope. I'm happy Will Smith didn't take this cause he played a slave in a western already with "Wild Wild West" and a slave ghost in "Bagger Vance" but Will does need to broaden his roles outside of saving the world from aliens. I think Jamie will do a good job. Leo is doing anything and everything for that Oscar, it's like he's beggin for it at this point.
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    this movie gon be nominated for an oscar
  • The Prime Minister
    The Prime Minister Members Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Man this joint doesn't come out til Christmas.
  • darkrain
    Options
    "Landa is a linguistic genius, and the actor who played him needed the same facility with language or he would never be what he was on the page," Tarantino said.

Tarantino grew so frustrated at casting that role, he was five days away from calling off the movie when Waltz auditioned.

"I told my producers I might have written a part that was un-playable," Tarantino said. "I said, I don't want to make this movie if I can't find the perfect Landa, I'd rather just publish the script than make a movie where this character would be less than he was on the page. When Christoph came in and read the next day, he gave me my movie back."

Didn't know that.
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    Options
    All his movies connect somehow with the characters. Its all one big universe and I would not be surprised if Django turns out to be a distant relative of Jules from Pulp Fiction
  • sdotcarter111
    sdotcarter111 Members Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2012
    Options
    Those shots look pretty good. I read the script online and I think this will clearly be his most controverial film of his career. Black Issues are always complicated especially when dealing with Slavery. Only "The Roots" was about to capture the accuracy of the time. Based on the script I could see people complaining about it, it has rapings, slave fight pits and Dogs eating slaves. Also again a lot of slave ? in it. I think the cast is amazing like all Tarantino films but he needs to be careful cause he got a lot of flack for the whole "? Storage" fiasco in "Pulp Fiction" and you know "? " will be said 1,000 times in this one. But the photos look dope. I'm happy Will Smith didn't take this cause he played a slave in a western already with "Wild Wild West" and a slave ghost in "Bagger Vance" but Will does need to broaden his roles outside of saving the world from aliens. I think Jamie will do a good job. Leo is doing anything and everything for that Oscar, it's like he's beggin for it at this point.

Everybody will be mad and hyped as ? by the time credits roll, ? /crackas will be brawlin in the lobby.
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • rapmastermind
    rapmastermind Members Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Also I don't know if releasing this on Christmas was a good release date. Nothing says the holidays like a Slave Movie.
  • kingofbama205
    kingofbama205 Members Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Man this ain't your average slave movie...we all know Tarantino doesn't stick to the script..this is gonna be a EPIC movie..like Inglorious ? was suppose to be a World War 2 type ? movie..and it was something completely different...almost all of his movies are released on X-mas
  • texas409
    texas409 Members Posts: 20,854 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    why is Tarrantino so obsessed with black folks though? i dont like dude for some reason and you ? in here cosigning him making a slave movie lol wack ass ?
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    why is Tarrantino so obsessed with black folks though? i dont like dude for some reason and you ? in here cosigning him making a slave movie lol wack ass ?

I'll be glad when all the simpleminded people move on from the word ? . That ? used to be a racial epithet that white people would use to down black people. Now that ? has been turned into a way for one group of black people to insult any other black people who don't agree with them. What kinda ? backwards nonsense is that ? ? ? ...
  • FroHawke
    FroHawke Members Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Can't wait for this. I actually want to see how much Tarantino can push my buttons as a black guy watching this.
  • darkrain
    Options

Cause he makes good movie. Yet you supporting Martin Scorsese cause most of his films are hating on black and have said "N!gger" in his films. At least Tarnatino has black cast, black lead role in his films unlike Martin Scorsese.
  • clairvoyance
    clairvoyance Members Posts: 2,751 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Im against this movie for obvious reasons and wont be supporting it but im not gonna front when I say that maid in the background in that pic looks good....
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    Why do people think slavery is off limits as subject matter? The ? happened. Are we just supposed to ignore it and pretend as if it didn't go down? I could see if this movie was going to glorify it and make it seem as if it was the best thing that ever happened to black people. If that was the case, of course every black person should boycott it. But it should be clear to anyone that's not what's going to happen. There will be some gruesome treatment of slaves to set the white antagonist up as a gruesome villain. The black protagonist will go to great lengths to accomplish a righteous goal setting himself up as a hero. In the end, the hero will likely pay the villain back for all his evil deeds in the most grotesque way (knowing Tarrantino). Knowing that's going to happen, the only people that should find this movie offensive are the ones that believe that slavery wasn't as big an evil as the movie will likely portray it as.
  • Dat1Dude7
    Dat1Dude7 Members Posts: 448 ✭✭✭
    Options

did u say alotta slave ? ?

alotta???

damn,
    i dont even know if im gonna be able to do this one

i seen Goodbye Uncle Tom and broke down. Had me wanting to go commit a federal crime

so when i think about it,jus like u said,
    this ? is Q.T.,
    what else can we expect

im curious to see if movie theatres erupt when this ? come out

and/or will it create alotta discussion on news channels
  • PaperPlaneJane
    PaperPlaneJane Members Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I think its gone be dope...............but u know Jesse Jackson & Al "Hawaiian Silky hair" Sharpton gone be marching on Hollywood when its released cuz they think its still the 60's. LOL.
  • texas409
    texas409 Members Posts: 20,854 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Shame on you ? ,getting excited,about a movie with multiple slave rapes you ? must be young
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    lol Right, because it's clearly the slave rapes that everyone wants to see.