Django Unchained First Screens (Picture) + Details

Comments

• Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shame on you ? ,getting excited,about a movie with multiple slave rapes you ? must be young

so u mad cause a non black person made a movie about slavery?
  • darkrain
    darkrain Members Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭
    Shame on you ? ,getting excited,about a movie with multiple slave rapes you ? must be young

so u mad cause a non black person made a movie about slavery?

Rosewood.

• rapmastermind
    rapmastermind Members Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2012
    @The Lonious Monk

I feel you but my issue is the fact that Tarantino is touching on a very harsh subject matter and Hollywood doesn't have a great history with Slave subject matter. Again I read the script and it's pretty brutal if it's filmed like that. I think some Black Folk might be upset. It's not that Slavery is off limits it's the fact Hollywood's viewpoint and movies of slavery has been very bias to always show the White Person as a savior. Even the premise of this, A white guy is guiding him and helping him. It would be one thing if Jamie was on a solo mission on some hard body ish. Also QT has a great history with portraying strong female characters well Jamie's wife in the film is far from strong, she is ? and in ? . Again I don't want to judge a movie before it's done but I find it funny Spike Lee gets so much hate but if he did a movie like this White People would stay away but since it's QT, now everyone want to see a Slave Movie. "Roots" is by far the only REAL and True view of slave times in entertainment period.
  • rapmastermind
    rapmastermind Members Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dat1Dude7 wrote: »
    did u say alotta slave ? ?

alotta???

damn,
    i dont even know if im gonna be able to do this one

i seen Goodbye Uncle Tom and broke down. Had me wanting to go commit a federal crime

so when i think about it,jus like u said,
    this ? is Q.T.,
    what else can we expect

im curious to see if movie theatres erupt when this ? come out

and/or will it create alotta discussion on news channels

Well it's more than 1 ? scene in the script, To me more than 1 is way to many. Again I got love for QT, I think he's a brilliant writer and film maker but this is a subject matter he has to be careful on.

• atribecalledgabi
    atribecalledgabi Members, Moderators Posts: 14,063 Regulator
    why is Tarrantino so obsessed with black folks though? i dont like dude for some reason and you ? in here cosigning him making a slave movie lol wack ass ?

name a slave movie directed by a black director?

you dont own slavery

steve mcqueen is making one for next year.
    but that's beside the point. django unchained is gonna a sight to see.
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    CeLLaR-DooR Members Posts: 18,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Errm...I've got no beef with slave films...none at all...as a writer myself, all topics should be available for you to cover...But Tarantino just seems to have this obsession with blacks...Dunno...And do we need to see more than one ? ?...If I kno' Tarantino, the scene will be very graphic...Gonna read the script...I'll be back...
  • Dat1Dude7
    Dat1Dude7 Members Posts: 448 ✭✭✭
    I cant watch this ?

Everyone talkin about the script so i had to google the script.
    Its been much dialogue about this for the past year, AND I AINT EVEN KNOW.

this comment here killed it for me
    In Django Unchained, Jamie Foxx's character attempts to rescue his wife only after Christopher Waltz's character tells him its time to do so. Also, Jamie Foxx's character has his ? fondled by Samuel L. Jackson's character who also threatens to cut them off. Regarding Black women there are also issues in that Tarantino seems to think the main purpose of a Black woman in his movies is to curse and/or fight. Tracie Thoms & Sydney Poitier in Death Proof. Vivica A. Fox in ? Bill. Jackie Brown was a fully-realized strong character who was not created by Tarantino, but instead a white character from Rum Punch adapted by Tarantino and colored... Brown. The character of Broomhilda in Django Unchained as written by Tarantino is a human mattress. She is ? at the beginning, in the middle, and at the end of his story. She is made to stand unclothed in front of a crowd, pacified with JELLY BEANS, then bet in a card game like a horse, whipped naked from a hotel into mud, forced naked into a sweatbox, then ? again while crying. No character growth, no story arc, no hopes, dreams, thoughts, expectations, or will of her own. No triumph. No humanization. She is a victim, victim, victim. ? , cry, ? , cry, ? , cry, ? . The End. Roll credits. These are Quentin Tarantino's visions of Black people.

http://blogs.indiewire.com/shadowandact/ive_read_tarantinos_django_unchained_script_and_well_its_certainly_not_nat_

I honestly dont even think the movie should be called Django Unchained. This movie seems like the glorification of abuse/violence and nothin about redemption.

also,i always gave props to QT for Jackie Brown. smh, sad to find out that wasnt his character originally.
  • KingJamal
    KingJamal Members Posts: 20,652 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Denzel says ? tarantino

17984-25740.jpg
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    edited April 2012
    Just read the script...The female lead gets ? too often...The first time is understandable...They wanna portray the heartlessness of their first bounty...The second time...Not really a rapin'...Leo chases her around a saloon like in those old Westerns while she's naked...3rd time is damn unnecessary....Its right at the end of the film..
    these times Leo's dead...the German is dead and Jamie Foxx is about to save her...Was readin' it like...What's the point of this?...

IMO...Leo and the German die too early...Leo doesn't really have a super big role...He comes in about halfway......I'd be very surprised if he were to win an Oscar for this...
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    who the female lead?

kelly washington?
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    MR.CJ wrote: »
    who the female lead?

kelly washington?

Kerry...Yeah...

Oh and guys...You're not gonna like Samuel L's character...At all
  • KingJamal
    MR.CJ wrote: »
    who the female lead?

kelly washington?

Kerry...Yeah...

Oh and guys...You're not gonna like Samuel L's character...At all

facepalm.jpg
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    You wanna kno' why?
  • KingJamal
    You wanna kno' why?

Go ahead. Just put it in a spoiler.
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    Right...So...Leo plays this ? named Candie...He owns Kerry Washington (Hilda)...The German and Django (who is pretendin' to be a black slave owner) are at Candie Land (Candie's plantation and slave battle station)...They devised a plan to get Hilda nice and legally...They were to hoax Candie into throwin' her in as part of a deal when they 'buy' a fighter slave'...SLJ (Stephen) is an extremely obsequious house-? ...the worst kind...He sees that Django and Hilda have a connection...Just when the transaction is to be completed, he tells Candie...
  • KingJamal
    Right...So...Leo plays this ? named Candie...He owns Kerry Washington (Hilda)...The German and Django (who is pretendin' to be a black slave owner) are at Candie Land (Candie's plantation and slave battle station)...They devised a plan to get Hilda nice and legally...They were to hoax Candie into throwin' her in as part of a deal when they 'buy' a fighter slave'...SLJ (Stephen) is an extremely obsequious house-? ...the worst kind...He sees that Django and Hilda have a connection...Just when the transaction is to be completed, he tells Candie...

FOR THE LOVE OF GAWD SAM

SMH
  • Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ? people getn mad and emotional about this ? ..pull ya skirt down b..
  • atribecalledgabi
    atribecalledgabi Members, Moderators Posts: 14,063 Regulator
    @KingJamal

that reaction is why that spoiler button will not be clicked until the movie comes out lol
  • texas409
    texas409 Members Posts: 20,854 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Errm...I've got no beef with slave films...none at all...as a writer myself, all topics should be available for you to cover...But Tarantino just seems to have this obsession with blacks...Dunno...And do we need to see more than one ? ?...If I kno' Tarantino, the scene will be very graphic...Gonna read the script...I'll be back...

real ? finally someone gets what im saying
  • KingJamal
    @KingJamal

that reaction is why that spoiler button will not be clicked until the movie comes out lol

lol
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    if the lead is kerry washington something tells me she has no qualms bout getting ? by whitemen...she probably take that role for free
  • KingJamal
    if the lead is kerry washington something tells me she has no qualms bout getting ? by whitemen...she probably take that role for free

Thats exactly wat I said lol

Her getting ? by white men is probably why she wanted the part
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭

damn

• CeLLaR-DooR
    And from what I could gather...Kerry doesn't have that many lines...
    I would have preferred her to be a strong-willed, iron-hearted slave...Who takes the punishment she gets like a true G...And is like, '? all crackers'...But she's a damsel in distress down to the last...how she becomes Candie's slave is some silliness...Basically...They call young, nice lookin' slave-hoes 'ponies'...At some pony auction, some Sacha Baron Cohen's family buy her for him...Coz he's a loser and a ? ...And he falls in love with her...Its not clear whether she has feelings for him...But she'd much rather be there than anywhere else...She gets dinner table privileges...So at Candie Land...white folk like to show their ponies off and gamble and ? ...Some of these hoes are as young as 13...So Washington and Cohen are at Candie Land...Cohen plays Candie at poker...Loses...Candie shoots hims...goes to get his new pony...Snatches her while she's sleepin'...chases her around the saloon naked...Just like in them old westerns...
  • KingJamal
    Kerry Washington is just.........smh