Django Unchained First Screens (Picture) + Details

Options

Comments

• darkrain
    darkrain Members Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭
    Options
    it looks like QT doing the blaxpoltation film. He pays homage to blaxpolation films and he always paid homage respect to old underrated/low budget films. I can def watch this film and I don't think black people will mad at this film.
  • MorrisBX
    MorrisBX Members Posts: 652 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2012
    Options
    looks real dope!

VIDEO: Django Unchained (Quentin Tarantino Movie - Starring Jamie Foxx And Leonardo DiCaprio) (Official Movie Trailer) - ThatHustle.com
    6oeycg.jpg

Django Unchained Official Trailer #1 (2012) Quentin Tarantino Movie HD

With the help of his mentor, a slave-turned-bounty hunter sets out to rescue his wife from a brutal Mississippi plantation owner.

View Trailer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rC8VJ9aeB_g
  • clairvoyance
    clairvoyance Members Posts: 2,751 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ^^^ how do you say film5x in 2-3 sentences?
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    CeLLaR-DooR Members Posts: 18,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ^^^ how do you say film5x in 2-3 sentences?

yeah he needs to step his pronoun game up
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? dope. trailer makes it seem like a happier film than i imagined it would be. Atleast the music did lol.
  • BK Product
    BK Product Members Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lou Cypher wrote: »
    ? dope. trailer makes it seem like a happier film than i imagined it would be. Atleast the music did lol.

felt the same way......like an afterschool special.
  • loch121
    loch121 Members Posts: 12,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    BK Product wrote: »
    Lou Cypher wrote: »

felt the same way......like an afterschool special.

The way it was explained out first it always had a Shaft in slavery vibe to me
  • BK Product
    BK Product Members Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    the trailer did have a "fun/safe" feel to it......
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Will Smith dropped this for Men In Black
  • KingJamal
    KingJamal Members Posts: 20,652 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2012
    Options
    rip.dilla wrote: »
    Will Smith dropped this for Men In Black
    Will also dropped The Matrix for Wild Wild West
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    Options
    Smith is Hollywood's WOAT decision maker

Tryna tell them Matrix ? he wants comedy in the film...? ' clown...That's why he won't win an Oscar for the next 10/15 years
  • KingJamal
    edited June 2012
    Options

Tryna tell them Matrix ? he wants comedy in the film...? ' clown...That's why he won't win an Oscar for the next 10/15 years

I gotta cosign this. Will also made the choice to NOT have Spike Lee direct Ali and have some sorry director direct it. The result....one big ass boring film. What a waste. The only way Will can make up for that is if he finally does "The Last Pharaoh" movie
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    Options
    KingJamal wrote: »
    Here ya go. I saw it earlier

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eUdM9vrCbow

There better be a lot of dead white guys by the end of this movie.
    I read the script...If memory serves me correctly, every white with a name dies...

Yeah the trailer really impressed me...there's a scene with the slave and the bounty hunter in a saloon that really came to life in my head when I watch it...

Should be dope
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    MR.CJ wrote: »
    What about sam jackson?
    Right...So...Leo plays this ? named Candie...He owns Kerry Washington (Hilda)...The German and Django (who is pretendin' to be a black slave owner) are at Candie Land (Candie's plantation and slave battle station)...They devised a plan to get Hilda nice and legally...They were to hoax Candie into throwin' her in as part of a deal when they 'buy' a fighter slave'...SLJ (Stephen) is an extremely obsequious house-? ...the worst kind...He sees that Django and Hilda have a connection...Just when the transaction is to be completed, he tells Candie...

What about sam jackson?
    Right...So...Leo plays this ? named Candie...He owns Kerry Washington (Hilda)...The German and Django (who is pretendin' to be a black slave owner) are at Candie Land (Candie's plantation and slave battle station)...They devised a plan to get Hilda nice and legally...They were to hoax Candie into throwin' her in as part of a deal when they 'buy' a fighter slave'...SLJ (Stephen) is an extremely obsequious house-? ...the worst kind...He sees that Django and Hilda have a connection...Just when the transaction is to be completed, he tells Candie...

thats right
  • MR.CJ
    Options
    this movie will win an oscar
  • MR.CJ
    Options

I gotta cosign this. Will also made the choice to NOT have Spike Lee direct Ali and have some sorry director direct it. The result....one big ass boring film. What a waste. The only way Will can make up for that is if he finally does "The Last Pharaoh" movie

why?
  • KingJamal
    Options

why?
    I have no idea
  • FroHawke
    FroHawke Members Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭
    Options
    black people go out n support this ? cuz judging by the comments on YT, this got White folks pretty riled up. Anyway this looks dope as well
  • rapmastermind
    rapmastermind Members Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2012
    Options
    Smith is Hollywood's WOAT decision makerTryna tell them Matrix ? he wants comedy in the film...? ' clown...That's why he won't win an Oscar for the next 10/15 years

Also @ KingJamal

Actually Michael Mann is not a sorry Director, he made "Heat" and It wasn't Will that made that choice, the Studio made that choice for Spike not to direct "Ali". Will was nominated for an Oscar for "Ali" by the way. Also the only bad choice Will ever made was turning down "The Matrix" for "Wild, Wild West". But him not doing this film is understandable. It's going to be controversial and he's been gone from movies for 4 years, he had to do something in his lane. Will is in a different bracket, he can't afford to flop it affects his brand. "Men In Black 3" is already a worldwide success, it has grossed over 400 Million Worldwide in just 2 weeks, they are saying it going to cross 700 Million. So tell me how was it a bad decision for Will to not do Django over MIB3?
  • ocelot
    ocelot Members Posts: 10,019 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    They're showing Wild Wild West on VH1...smh
  • loch121
    loch121 Members Posts: 12,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Smith is Hollywood's WOAT decision makerTryna tell them Matrix ? he wants comedy in the film...? ' clown...That's why he won't win an Oscar for the next 10/15 years

Also @ KingJamal

Actually Michael Mann is not a sorry Director, he made "Heat" and It wasn't Will that made that choice, the Studio made that choice for Spike not to direct "Ali". Will was nominated for an Oscar for "Ali" by the way. Also the only bad choice Will ever made was turning down "The Matrix" for "Wild, Wild West". But him not doing this film is understandable. It's going to be controversial and he's been gone from movies for 4 years, he had to do something in his lane. Will is in a different bracket, he can't afford to flop it affects his brand. "Men In Black 3" is already a worldwide success, it has grossed over 400 Million Worldwide in just 2 weeks, they are saying it going to cross 700 Million. So tell me how was it a bad decision for Will to not do Django over MIB3?

I couldn't even take Will serious as this character.
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    Options

Also @ KingJamal

If we're talkin' finance...then, for real he's cool...but if we're talkin' critical acclaim...Its a different story...NS the stayin' in his lane...Will Smith has never got to do that...He's a world famous, Oscar nominated actor. Its not like folk will forget him after a couple years...Decisions like choosin' MiB3 over something risky and the opportunity to work with one of the GOATs of modern Hollywood reeks of cowardliness...Same with the Matrix/WWW thing...Had no issue playin' a ? in the 1800s then, as long as he could wise ? and be funny for white folk...And that 'I don't see the big deal with slavery' line is one of the WOATs...If I were an actor and saw that on the page I'd tell them I'm not sayin' it...

How respected is Smith in American cinema?...Really?...And don't throw money at me...Ali, the Pursuit of Happyness, Seven Pounds and Six Degrees (which was made before he was an international superstar) are maybe the only films where he's not playin' Will Smith from the Fresh Prince...And even Ali, take away the voice and that its a biopic and he's still pretty much Will...I'm not here sayin' Django Unchained would have got him an Oscar and totally changed his life...But it may have at least let everyone kno' he has some ?
  • atribecalledgabi
    atribecalledgabi Members, Moderators Posts: 14,063 Regulator
    Options
    I saw the trailer and even though I have my reservations about how QT will handle this subject matter. The Trailer did look cool. It looked like a Blaxpoltation film but in western style. But SMH @ the tagline. "Django OFF THE CHAIN", Really, lol. But again I hoping QT could even surprise me and actually make a good revenge flick about a slave. The Screenplay was over 145 pages so I know a lot of stuff got cut out. Overall I can't lie, I was impressed by the trailer, the cast is good but let's see if the movie is. But the tone of the trailer made the movie seem a little comedic and I don't about taking that approach with this. I was hoping for a series slave revenge flick.

i was too but i can't say i'm mad at it. if how he handled inglourious basterds is any indication of how he treated this then it probly won't get too deep in history of things.
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • High Revolutionary
    High Revolutionary Members Posts: 3,729 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2012
    Options
    The trailer shifted my opinion a little. I'm still tentative about the whole thing though.

Who is this actress though?

2ywwxe1.jpg