Brandy Behind The Music was Good, check it out (SMH @ Wanya Morris)

rapmastermind
rapmastermind Members Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited April 2012 in R&B & Alternatives
I thought it was really good, Brandy has been through so much. SMH @ her Mom and team making her lie over and over again for her career. And Wanya getting his R. Kelly on ? wit Brandy when she was 16, sure he was about 23, 24 but she was still underage. Brandy's got 2 Classics and a pretty good catalog it was sad seeing her story since I grew up with her. I knew something was up when I saw this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9j17qt53Bh0

Comments

• BelovedAfeni
    BelovedAfeni Members Posts: 8,647 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • rapmastermind
    edited April 2012
  • boat1580
    boat1580 Members Posts: 200
    i've never been a brandy fan but i did watch this last night and i found it interesting too. i hadn't been following her and learned a lot of things about her that i didn't know. i thought that brandy came off as real, honest, open, relateable, and likeable. she didn't give any excuses for her mistakes and admitted them fully. i thought it was real.
  • rapmastermind
    boat1580 wrote: »
    i've never been a brandy fan but i did watch this last night and i found it interesting too. i hadn't been following her and learned a lot of things about her that i didn't know. i thought that brandy came off as real, honest, open, relateable, and likeable. she didn't give any excuses for her mistakes and admitted them fully. i thought it was real.

Yea and it's good to hear her side of the story of the accident cause people really went in her. Brandy's about my age so I really grew up with her and felt like I saw the whole story up front but this opened up things I didn't even know about how her image was the most important to all her "Handlers" which lead her to make some bad decisions but like you said she really owed up to her mistakes.
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    might check it out if she speaks about the car accident
  • haute
    haute Members Posts: 11,581 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wish they would've keep it all the way real and stopped saying 'handlers" and admit it was her crazy ass momma
  • rapmastermind
    haute wrote: »
    I wish they would've keep it all the way real and stopped saying 'handlers" and admit it was her crazy ass momma

Co-sign, it was the mom dukes all along which is why she ended up quitting as her manager. She thought she was probably protecting Brandy but she only made it worst.
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    I wish they would have admitted it was ? disturbing for Wanye to be dating a 16 yr old instead of trying to make it some love story talking about "They had to sneak kisses"....
  • focus
    focus Members Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yea, it was good. Seem like they could've used an extra 30 mins, a lot of stuff got glossed over or left out. Her and Monica's beef, her and Kobe Bryant, Thea/Moesha, America's Got Talent, etc...

And, she kinda backtracked off "Afrodisiac". I think that was her best album, artist should always stand by their music.

But I agree with @boat1580 . Overall, good look.

• blackrain
    focus wrote: »
    Yea, it was good. Seem like they could've used an extra 30 mins, a lot of stuff got glossed over or left out. Her and Monica's beef, her and Kobe Bryant, Thea/Moesha, America's Got Talent, etc...

And, she kinda backtracked off "Afrodisiac". I think that was her best album, artist should always stand by their music.

But I agree with @boat1580 . Overall, good look.

I don't think she backtracked on the music, just the image that went along with the music
  • focus
    blackrain wrote: »
    I don't think she backtracked on the music, just the image that went along with the music

I guess that could be said.

• rapmastermind
    I also don't think people remember or understand just how BIG Brandy was. She was a full fledge Brand before she was 16, it's crazy to look back at it cause even though Aaliyah was first and Monica may have had a better voice. Brandy was moving those units something big back then.
  • Ounceman
    Ounceman Members Posts: 6,702 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2012
    I also don't think people remember or understand just how BIG Brandy was. She was a full fledge Brand before she was 16, it's crazy to look back at it cause even though Aaliyah was first and Monica may have had a better voice. Brandy was moving those units something big back then.

brandy is actually quite influential in the industry. many people gloss over that fact. everyone from chris brown to kanye west to also rhianna saying she drew inspiration from her . she listened to afrodisiac while making good girl gone bad. even artists belonging to an entirely separate genre from r&b like the red hot chilli peppers cited brandy as the main inspiration for one of their albums. i think the impact brandy has made in the game is often overlooked
  • focus
    April 27, 2012
    Brandy's Behind The Music wins with viewers and VH1

Njai Joszor
    Urban Pop Examiner

R&B singer/actress Brandy revealed quite a lot on her VH1 Behind The Music special but, was it a success in terms of ratings and viewers ?

According to cable rating reports released Friday, Behind The Music: Brandy drew 881,000 viewers during its initial airing on Wednesday, April 25.

In comparison, previous weeks of Behind The Music, featuring Akon and Nas, drew under 650,000 viewers during initial airings.

Brandy discussed career highs and lows during the special, which also featured candid commentary from her brother Ray J, mother and former manager Sonya Norwood, father Willie Norwood and more. The special also saw Brandy sharing final moments with Whitney Houston while rehearsing for Clive Davis' annual Pre-Grammy party just days before the singer's death.

In related news, Brandy has released a new single with Chris Brown titled "Put It Down." The song is to lead Brandy's forthcoming album "Two Eleven" due this summer. It follows her recent collaboration with Monica on "It All Belongs To Me."

http://www.examiner.com/article/brandy-s-behind-the-music-wins-with-viewers-and-vh1
  • focus
  • real_hh_rep
    real_hh_rep Members Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭
    ^ Love the pic. Two established divas in classy mode. Although I'm more into Mo' ,who finally found her lane with most classical sounding R&B music in the game, Brandy gets my respect.
  • mc317
    mc317 Members Posts: 5,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    She didn't talk about suckin fredro starr's ?
  • blackrain
    I also think it's odd they just ignored her whole engagement to Quentin Richardson...I mean she had the ? 's face tat'd on her back...how can you not talk about that?
  • BluPhi
    BluPhi Members Posts: 2 ✭✭
    I can never tell if she's telling the truth or not. I feel like 5 years from now she can do another interview saying: "I don't know WHY I said that during Behind The Music....it wasn't what I wanted to do at all...."
  • focus
    BluPhi wrote: »
    I can never tell if she's telling the truth or not. I feel like 5 years from now she can do another interview saying: "I don't know WHY I said that during Behind The Music....it wasn't what I wanted to do at all...."

I'm a fan, but this is kinda true.
  • kacee139
    kacee139 Members Posts: 3,146 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What about Mase dissin her?
  • -Vincenzo-
    -Vincenzo- Members Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭✭
    what is she actually doin these days? you think she can ever come back?
  • Valkyria
    Valkyria Members Posts: 120
    -Vincenzo- wrote: »
    what is she actually doin these days? you think she can ever come back?

They said she has an album coming. And if you mean come back and be on top of the world, hell no. but is that really a bad thing? Everybody has their time at the top. If she makes a good album that sales decently I'd say that's cool.

And yeah, I don't know if she had bad memories of the video or if they told her to dislike it but Afrodisiac is better than they gave it credit for. Even people I know who weren't hard core brandy fans gave it credit.
  • -Vincenzo-
    -Vincenzo- Members Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭✭
    peeped the video, cant remember ever seeing it before but it was kinda embarrassing. brandy never been one of these girls, was a bad move...
  • focus
    She performed her new joint with Chris Brown yesterday. I thought she killed it. The vocals and the dancing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ugTKpL2fGWg