Are fillipino people Black?

Options
harlem hustla
harlem hustla Members Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭✭
edited April 2012 in R & R (Religion and Race)
735347437_7bb27df0c3_b.jpg

Comments

• High Revolutionary
    High Revolutionary Members Posts: 3,729 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • birdcallaveli
    birdcallaveli Members Posts: 6,508 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • High Revolutionary
    Options
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Haha i remember calling this kid asian and hed be like "NO! im filipino!!" i always thought they migrated from asia.
  • jsnowpro
    jsnowpro Confirm Email Posts: 157
    edited April 2012
    Options
    in america? yes.

yes they are.
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    they are lack and asian.. they have black in em just like Ricans
  • -Vincenzo-
    -Vincenzo- Members Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    saw this girl today and couldnt figure out if she was black or southeast-asian...? is creepy
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kai is the lightest somalian ive ever seen. And ive seen 3.
  • BiblicalAtheist
    BiblicalAtheist Members Posts: 15,668 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He must be albino then.
  • kzzl
    kzzl Members Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2012
    Options
    I've heard of blacks in asia somewhere. Supposedly many africans had migrated east back in the day, it's very possible that those people were survived by later generations.

But judging off the pic, I'd call them black.
  • jsnowpro
    edited April 2012
    Options
    aneed123 wrote: »
    they are lack and asian.. they have black in em just like Ricans

circular reasoning. genetic analyses says they're oriental. they are closer to the japanese than say nigerians. whats happening is their physical appearance is not what you are accustomed to and your trying to make sense of them by pigeonholing them in a spot they dont belong in.
  • jsnowpro
    Options
    kai_valya wrote: »
    ummm, do people not understand how skin color works yet?

if you live in a climate with a lot of sun, over time you will get dark(er) skin. and the filipines is a climate with a lot of sun. this is the same reason you'll see people from india, bangladesh, cambodia, thailand, etc, with drake skin

it doesn't mean they're "black." well black people have black skin because we come from africa which also has a hot climate

Aren't you from Africa? How come you're not dark?

buy a plane ticket homie

• High Revolutionary
    Options

if you live in a climate with a lot of sun, over time you will get dark(er) skin. and the filipines is a climate with a lot of sun. this is the same reason you'll see people from india, bangladesh, cambodia, thailand, etc, with drake skin

it doesn't mean they're "black." well black people have black skin because we come from africa which also has a hot climate

because skin colour is a range. i have siblings that are darker than me and some lighter.

What about him? Is he black?
    bsaneld.jpg

peppercornhair.jpg

• BiblicalAtheist
    BiblicalAtheist Members Posts: 15,668 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He must be albino then.

lol you still going at Kia?

Some are, some aren't. Filipino isn't a race it's a nationality.

Well look at her, she white white.
  • fuc_i_look_like
    fuc_i_look_like Members Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Dumbest question in IC history. No they ain't Black, just tanned Asians. TBH, most would be highly offended/disgusted if you confused them as Black. I grew up round a lot of them and they tend to only ? with other Fillipinos.
  • -Vincenzo-
    -Vincenzo- Members Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2012
    Options
    Dumbest question in IC history. No they ain't Black, just tanned Asians. TBH, most would be highly offended/disgusted if you confused them as Black. I grew up round a lot of them and they tend to only ? with other Fillipinos.

she says different...
    cassie-nude-02.jpg
  • jsnowpro
    Options

because skin colour is a range. i have siblings that are darker than me and some lighter.

bsaneld.jpg

peppercornhair.jpg

more perturbations that expose the weaknesses of the american system of classification.

• fiat_money
    fiat_money Members Posts: 16,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Some ugly hoes in that pic.
  • harlem hustla
    Options

a smart ? can play dumb, a dumb ? can't play smart.

They're not tan these people are negritos or aeta people the native people of the philippines.
  • jsnowpro
    edited April 2012
    Options
    kzzl wrote: »
    Supposedly many africans had migrated east back in the day, it's very possible that those people were survived by later generations.

But judging off the pic, I'd call them black.

they were survived by the polynesians, east asians, dravidians ...

of course over time their appearances changed. some changes were drastic (extremely light skin). some not so much (^ negritos in the phillipines) and for some it became a mish mash of phenotypes.
  • High Revolutionary
    edited April 2012
    Options
    jsnowpro wrote: »

buy a plane ticket homie

The point is, if we are to go by the American criteria that 'black' equals anyone with African genetics then some of the people in the pic are just as black as she is.
  • fuc_i_look_like
    fuc_i_look_like Members Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @ harlem hustla
    I thought OP was seriously asking if they were Black as in Black Americans. I've seen so many ? questions posted on this forum, i don't know if ? are ? around or being dead ass.
  • Allah_U_Akbar
    Allah_U_Akbar Members Posts: 11,150 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2012
    Options

Stop it, Bruh.. Black people are EVERYWHERE. Yeah, the thread title is kinda silly, considering the fact that there are many types of people on the Philippine islands... But, some of the earliest inhabitants of the Philippines were Black and they still exist there..

philippineblackman28Zambalws29.jpg
    ^^^Black man from the Philippines^^^

So, to answer the threadstarter's question, Yeah, SOME Filipinos are Black.
  • harlem hustla
    Options
    Heres a video of some negritos or aeta people, If you pay attention to the video some of the kids look like regular black americans nd some look like str8 asians. But they're all considered negritos

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oRuxAsIFAjs&list=FL8oOqgD2tNLgor2GMNGHwUA&feature=mh_lolz