Are fillipino people Black?

Comments

• harlem hustla
    harlem hustla Members Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭✭
    whats african tho white people decided africa's borders.
  • Allah_U_Akbar
    Allah_U_Akbar Members Posts: 11,150 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Many Filipinos are the descendants of Africans, just like Black Americans.
  • jsnowpro
    jsnowpro Confirm Email Posts: 157
    edited April 2012
    Many Filipinos are the descendants of Africans, just like Black Americans.

it's not the same. blacks in the new world came here recently and their heritage isn't just west african bantu, there's european and native american admixture.

the ancestors of the filipinos and basically everybody else in asia left africa a long time ago (30-20 thousand years ago) and we don't even know what the conventional 'african' looked like in those days. it could be that the whole continent might have been populated with curly haired, bushmen with asian looking eyes (who none of you would say is 'African')

people have always been on the move and appearance / language / customs have never stayed static for any significant length of time.
  • Cabana_Da_Don
    Cabana_Da_Don Members Posts: 7,992 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh they look black to me anyone saying that's a tan is ? out there mind.
  • G Mack
    G Mack Members Posts: 6,255 ✭✭✭✭✭
    There not your typical European washed Filipino.....more then likely a small indengenous minority in the same family/group as the aboriginies...you see them all over the Asian pacific ....
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    kai_valya wrote: »
    ummm, do people not understand how skin color works yet?

if you live in a climate with a lot of sun, over time you will get dark(er) skin. and the filipines is a climate with a lot of sun. this is the same reason you'll see people from india, bangladesh, cambodia, thailand, etc, with drake skin

it doesn't mean they're "black." well black people have black skin because we come from africa which also has a hot climate

lol this is backwards as a ? ? . You think these people were light and turned dark because of the climate? Remember prevailing archaeological theories are that people originated in Africa and spread out. So it's much more likely that these people were already black and didn't change as others did. That said, the deserts in the middle east are hot as hell and most Arabs aren't that dark, so you might want to rethink your theory here.
  • Rahlow
    Rahlow Members Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Damn, I always thought it was common knowledge that fillipino's had negrito's (blacks). Plenty live out here in parts of Cali.

Dude from Black Eye Peas is Fillipino... name is Apl De Ap or some ?

004BEE_BEP_Apl_de_Ap_016.jpg
  • d.green
    d.green Members Posts: 12,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Love dark asian women
  • kzzl
    kzzl Members Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've often felt that black pretty much refers to US slaves far as the international community is concerned. They hear a reference to black people and think Tupac. Or Kudjoe or some ? . The perception of black people is ? up in our own country. Imagine some place 10 years behind, just catching on to the use of modems. I met a Philippian (typical looking Asian) a few years ago and dude told me his village just started wearing "regular" underwear when he was 13. They just started getting running water right before he left from there. He was like 20 something when I met him.

He pulled a black chick dark as night and fine as wine from my class. Wifed her up too. Third world or not.

This ? is interesting, if I see him again I'll have to ask him about it.
  • ocelot
    ocelot Members Posts: 10,019 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep... The original philipinos and Australians were dark skinned... Then white people messed it up
  • Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think they are the asian mixed with the native peoples of mexico and central america. Asian and Hispanic.
  • Kushington
    Kushington Members Posts: 8,011 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Lurker6
    Lurker6 Members Posts: 4,508 ✭✭✭✭✭

if you live in a climate with a lot of sun, over time you will get dark(er) skin. and the filipines is a climate with a lot of sun. this is the same reason you'll see people from india, bangladesh, cambodia, thailand, etc, with drake skin

it doesn't mean they're "black." well black people have black skin because we come from africa which also has a hot climate

Aren't you from Africa? How come you're not dark?

because skin colour is a range. i have siblings that are darker than me and some lighter.

What about him? Is he black?
    bsaneld.jpg

What about him? Is he black?
    peppercornhair.jpg

look like ? hair to me so yea
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭

lol this is backwards as a ? ? . You think these people were light and turned dark because of the climate? Remember prevailing archaeological theories are that people originated in Africa and spread out. So it's much more likely that these people were already black and didn't change as others did. That said, the deserts in the middle east are hot as hell and most Arabs aren't that dark, so you might want to rethink your theory here.

you're only talking about humans, i'm going back way further.

throughout evolution, our ancestors slowly lost the body hair we have in common with great apes. our earliest hominid ancestors had fair skin just like chimps. about 4 million years ago, hominids moved down from the rain forest and onto the savanna, which meant they had to work harder for food and were exposed to the sun more.

but hairless skin is much more susceptible to sun damage. it was long thought that our ancestors evolved melanin as a method to absorb/disperse harmful ultraviolet light, but the affects of UV light (ie cancer) are not felt until later in life after they reproduced. it's now been found that UV light has a drastic effect on folate, an hour of sun can cut the folate in your body by a half if you are light.

folate is also very important in embryonic development (low folate levels during pregnancy can result in anencephaly and spina bifida), therefore coupled with random mutations, through natural selection, ancestors developed darker skin, which kept the uv light from robbing their bodies of folate, and were more likely to pass on their genes plus have healthy offspring.

lol @ trying to bring australopithecine into a thread where someone is expressing surprise over blacks being in the Phillipines.

The fact is you said these people had dark skin because they lived in warm climates and not because they are "black" or African. Again, by current anthropological theories, those people are black due to the fact that they are descended from the Africans that migrated through that way, and have maintained their high melanin count as well as some other genetic factors they share with Africans. Of course they've lived out of Africa for so long, they it would be incorrect to call them African, but what do you mean they aren't black? A lot of the people in the Pacific Islands are as dark as any African. If that's not Black what is?

And again, if their blackness was just about being in a warm climate then all the Arabs in the desert would be black and all the natives in equatorial South America would be black too.
  • Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    dispure me you anonymous no-signing ? .
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Damn, I always thought it was common knowledge that fillipino's had negrito's (blacks). Plenty live out here in parts of Cali.

Dude from Black Eye Peas is Fillipino... name is Apl De Ap or some ?

004BEE_BEP_Apl_de_Ap_016.jpg

apl de ap is half black, his father was a black US solider
  • cool amp
    cool amp Members Posts: 165
    735347437_7bb27df0c3_b.jpg

well, they are called negritos. and everybody in that picture looks black to me. black men travelled the globe first and got love everywhere we went. so fukk skip gates and his fraud ass hustle.
  • waterproof
    waterproof Members Posts: 9,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    they are black they are israelites that traveled, read the books that was taken out the bible
  • harlem hustla
    @waterproof which one of the twelve tribe of jacob are they from?

I read that when the spanish first start goin to the philippines they called the negritos little moors nd wrote how they were alot different than the moors they were familar wit.
  • waterproof
    waterproof Members Posts: 9,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @waterproof which one of the twelve tribe of jacob are they from?

I read that when the spanish first start goin to the philippines they called the negritos little moors nd wrote how they were alot different than the moors they were familar wit.

The tribe of naphtali
  • imm0rt4l
    imm0rt4l Members Posts: 683 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2012
    Chinese, Japanese, Spanish, Portuguese, mestizo(indigineous ppl)...............and some black minorities (negritoes)

They're considered Asian, but are mix of many things.
  • harlem hustla
    edited April 2012
    samoan-maidens-small.jpg

What about these two samoan girls one looks str8 black the other looks like your average pacific islander

she looks like the lil girl from crooklyn

Samoa20girl.jpg
  • G.Avant
    G.Avant Members, Writer Posts: 4,360 ✭✭✭✭✭

If you're black then you're "black". Black is a general term and refers to nothing but skin color. People also seem to believe that black people of African origin didn't spread across the planet.
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No one is black or white.Complexions are light,dark or mild.It is ignorance that has created the idea of black and white.Filipinos are Asian and can be dark like Africans and Indians.
  • apocalyptica
    apocalyptica Members Posts: 225
    The Aeta and Negrito groups in southwest Asia have negroid features. Is someone like Manny Pacquiao considered black by most people? No