Being a Black person in the Workplace..

jay83
jay83 Members Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited April 2012 in R & R (Religion and Race)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SbZjKDwy8vE

Anybody check this before?

Comments

• caddo man
    caddo man Members Posts: 22,476 ✭✭✭✭✭
    She cute. A little over dramtic but mostly true. funny I have never been the only black guy at a job.
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's fine for me, but I'm of the variety that just goes to work, does my job, and goes home. I'm not trying to socialize with everyone there. There are a couple people that I will have a conversation with when I take a break. Other than that it's just a typical laid back work environment.

I know one thing, at the weekly summary meetings these white folks will be cracking up about ? together, and I'll just be looking at them with the straight face like "How in the world do you find that funny especially at 9:30 in the morning?"
  • fuc_i_look_like
    fuc_i_look_like Members Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hate being the only black person at a job. Crackas never fail to ask some stupid condescending question like they've never seen a Black in real life before
  • fiat_money
    fiat_money Members Posts: 16,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I usually start off as the "new black guy" to others, but I quickly become the "really smart intern".

I have "positive" interactions with everyone.
  • Mood Indigo
    Mood Indigo Members Posts: 2,127
    edited April 2012
    I have no problem being the only black person. Never bothered me before when I was but I'm not at my current job and I, honestly, do prefer a more diverse group. I do get complimented on my hair from my white co-workers. Doesn't bother me at all.
  • heyslick
    heyslick Members Posts: 1,179
    NO black person in this country should be fearful in the workplace - the entire system is set for them & IMO they can DO NO WRONG even when they do things that aren't right or correct....most will cry racism and the system sure doesn't want that label attached to said entity - most blacks are the majority in Government jobs...yet so many claim the system isn't set up for them. BS!! the system caters to non-whites.....white people need to ? and find another source of employment....UNCLE SAM isn't your friend anymore.
  • G.Avant
    G.Avant Members, Writer Posts: 4,360 ✭✭✭✭✭
    heyslick wrote: »
    NO black person in this country should be fearful in the workplace - the entire system is set for them & IMO they can DO NO WRONG even when they do things that aren't right or correct....most will cry racism and the system sure doesn't want that label attached to said entity - most blacks are the majority in Government jobs...yet so many claim the system isn't set up for them. BS!! the system caters to non-whites.....white people need to ? and find another source of employment....UNCLE SAM isn't your friend anymore.
    Man ? you delusional as hell smh

• heyslick
    heyslick Members Posts: 1,179
    thesiah91 wrote: »
    Man ? you delusional as hell smh

NO! I won't ? - but I would appreciate you showing some proof. I sure don't wanna be misinformed/ LET ALONE delusional about who's more than likely to get hired by this so-called government of ours. IMO white people need NOT apply for good government jobs...you ain't the right color.

• MissK
    MissK Members Posts: 4,103 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The thing that bothers me about being the only one is that I am expected to be the voice for all blacks, ? is tiring.
  • 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ~SpecialK~ wrote: »
    The thing that bothers me about being the only one is that I am expected to be the voice for all blacks, ? is tiring.

just about to say this
  • 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭

motherfukka are you delusional

suck a thai dikk, ?