3DS Sweeps, PlayStation Vita Sales Reach a New Low

focus
focus Members Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited April 2012 in IllGaming
Fire Emblem 3DS Sweeps Japan, PS Vita Sales Down
The new Fire Emblem game is the best-selling yet, and PlayStation Vita sales reach a new low.
April 25, 2012

by Audrey Drake

Nintendo's latest 3DS release, Fire Emblem: Awakening, is already off to a strong start. In fact, according to this week's Japanese sales figures (thanks to NeoGAF for the fan translation), the game sold more than 240,000 units in Japan, and is the fastest-selling entry in the franchise's history.

In fact, Nintendo took nine of the top 10 sales spots this week, with 3DS titles Code of Princess, Super Mario 3D Land, Monster Hunter 3G, Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance, Kid Icarus Uprising and Mario Kart 7 rounding out the rest of the list, and DS title Detective Conan: Prelude from the Past nabbing the tenth spot.

The system itself also saw a sales boost, thanks no doubt to the new software, outselling all other systems combined with a solid 84,760 units sold. Meanwhile, things are still looking dismal for the PlayStation Vita, which didn't land any software in the top 20 this week. The system also reached a new low in terms of hardware sales, only moving 8,206 units.

http://games.ign.com/articles/122/1223748p1.html

Comments

• focus
    edited April 2012
    VIBE wrote: »
    Title should've said: "Arcade don't give a ? , Focus reaches a new low"

LOL....tell IGN, consumers, and Sony. I'm just the messenger. Be mad at them, I didn't do it. LOL.
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nah, you're on some crazy fan boy, Justin Bieber, pink panties, ? to Nintendo devs ? .

I thought KODA was bad w his ? faggotry posts but you've beat him out.
  • vagrant-718
    vagrant-718 Members Posts: 4,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Focus only post good news about nintendo and bad news about sony
  • focus
    Focus only post good news about nintendo and bad news about sony

LOL. I post news. Maybe there is just more good Nintendo news than Sony news. LOL.
  • blackkevblazini
    blackkevblazini Members Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2012
    The 3DS was tanking too before they dropped the price and actually put some good games out for it....but he ain't never gonna post that.

and I own a 3DS day one.
  • focus
    edited April 2012
    The 3DS was tanking too before they dropped the price and actually put some good games out for it....but he ain't never gonna post that.

and I own a 3DS day one.

LOL! On the 3DS' worst sales week, it was never anywhere close to only 8,206. LOL! The 3DS only "sold badly" compared to previous Nintendo handhelds and expectations. The Vita is just selling bad. Period. ? is doing N-Gage numbers. LOL.
  • blackkevblazini
    blackkevblazini Members Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭✭✭
    focus wrote: »

and I own a 3DS day one.

LOL! On the 3DS' worst sales week, it was never anywhere close to only 8,206. LOL! The 3DS only "sold badly" compared to previous Nintendo handhelds and expectations. The Vita is just selling bad. Period. ? is doing N-Gage numbers. LOL.

The 3DS actually sold 4000 units in japan one week before the price drop, and I would post a link to it, but all you gonna do is say it's speculation and from an untrusted source, so I ain't even about to go there with you again bruh.

• Wild Self
    Wild Self Members Posts: 4,226 ✭✭✭✭✭
    VITA is at the early stages of its life-give it time. If this continues into Summer 2013, then that is definite trouble.
  • grumpy_new_yorker
    grumpy_new_yorker Members Posts: 5,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    people are waiting for a price drop, myself included. i'll cop when there is a price drop or when phantasy star online 2 drops for it. whatever happens first.
  • focus

The 3DS actually sold 4000 units in japan one week before the price drop, and I would post a link to it, but all you gonna do is say it's speculation and from an untrusted source, so I ain't even about to go there with you again bruh.

LMAO! The price cut was announced two weeks out, so obviously it would sell poorly just one week before a price cut. But before the price cut was announced, no...sales were never that dismal. 8,206. LOL!

http://ds.ign.com/articles/118/1184670p1.html
  • focus
    edited April 2012
    Sion. wrote: »
    Yo the article ain't sayin the 3DS swept anybody, it says Fire Emblem sold very well and the 3DS only sold a measily 8000 units I dont think thats sweeping @focus LOLOLOLOL

Nah, you cant read bro. Try reading the report again, slower this time. See if you can figure out where you went wrong all by yourself.
  • intalect
    intalect Members Posts: 674 ✭✭
    just a matter of games hopefully sony will put some fuel in the vita's tank come E3 or TGS ..... Only games I would get if I had one is Uncharted golden Abyss and Unit 13.... it needs more original titles too many ports right now . But the cross play and everything else is awesome I will cop one hopefully as christmas gift for myself